Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No Worries said:
But you're American, which monarchy? What I mean is which family? Who would be king?
The first king would be selected by some random method.

Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD.

Proverbs 18:18 Casting lots causes contentions to cease, And keeps the mighty apart.​

And what form would the constitution take? Bicameral, republic? Would the constitution itself be biblically based?
Of course it would be Biblically based. The reason I include the term constitutional is because of the concept of the rule of law. Sometime when a monarchy is mentioned people go off the deep end and assume that I'm talking about a totalitarian form of government where the king is above the law and that his every whim is law. That is not what I advocate at all. The king does not have the authority to make laws, only to enforce them.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No Worries said:
Who are they commiting a crime against?
Their victims and the whole of society. Not that this is relevent. It is criminal because God said it is, not because we can figure out why.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Big Mouth Nana said:
Shouldn't we be trying to get them saved first, instead of wanting to execute them first. By your own admission, if they repent and turn around, they will "meet their savior". Why not try to get them on the right road so they wouldn't end up in prison if a law was inacted? Is the church doing it's job in this area? I seriously doubt it. Even to Christians, homosexuals are considered vile. I am reminded of Jesus own words..Matt 9:11-13 ~ And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
The Bible expressly forbids mercy in the area of criminal justice. I have no doubt that some would take up the ministry of trying to get convicted ciminals saved but they would only have until shortly after the conviction to make it happen, otherwise the convict would in effect be sent to an eternal hell. Better that than the distruction of an entire society in the name of mercy.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Granite

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

Ahhhhh. Somebody nutty enough to finally just spit it out: biblical law isn't merciful. Finally.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Granite said:
:rotfl:

Ahhhhh. Somebody nutty enough to finally just spit it out: biblical law isn't merciful. Finally.
Actually the law is merciful (as compared to lawlessness). It is the enforcement of God's merciful law which we have not been given the authority to be merciful about. In other words, we have not been given permission to be more merciful than God is.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Granite

Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Actually the law is merciful (as compared to lawlessness). It is the enforcement of God's merciful law which we have not been given the authority to be merciful about. In other words, we have not been given permission to be more merciful than God is.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Inflexibility is a sign of totalitarianism, not liberty.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme said:
I see you people are still debating on this thread.

:yawn: :doh:

Uh, yeah....

It amazes me that people seem to forget what this place is all about. Nobody's forcing you to continue reading posts you find boring.

lovemeorhateme

Poly said:
Uh, yeah....

It amazes me that people seem to forget what this place is all about. Nobody's forcing you to continue reading posts you find boring.

I don't really find the posts boring, I just didn't expect this thread to last so long when I started it!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme said:
I don't really find the posts boring, I just didn't expect this thread to last so long when I started it!

Since homosexuality is a big topic around here, it's doubtful that you'll ever find a short thread on the subject.

lovemeorhateme

Poly said:
Since homosexuality is a big topic around here, it's doubtful that you'll ever find a short thread on the subject.

So I've been noticing a lot lately. It seems to be the most talked about topic too.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's talked about a lot because it is an issue that people are try to push into the mainstream. It is one of the main fronts in the battle these days.

Big Mouth Nana

Evee said:
Hey Nana I knew you would be here, I agree with you but the fact is many get aids and they want to take someone with them.
I don't believe in the death penalty unless they have aids and bite you as a weapon then it is the death sentence for the person that was bitten, Or if they have aids and intentionally spread it by having sex.
Then it should be considered murder and be judged accordingly to the court of law.
Hee-Hee, just knew that I wouldn't be able to stay in the arcade didn't you? I agree that if they know that they have aides, then they are guilty of comitting murder by having sex. It is not only homo's that spread aides, but prostitutes, adulterous relationships where a partner brings it to the marriage bed, and even more sadly, spread to heterosexual pregnant women through a "wandering" relationship. Aids knows no bounds, and is like a chain reaction. I think to just lay the sin at the foot of the homosexual is only part of the problem. If the homo's had stayed in their own arena, it would be just confined to them. Adultry is just as bad, and this is where it has spread to innocent people....husbands, wives and babies.
Clete believes that we should execute the homo's, so believing the way that he does, then adulterers should be executed also. Why not just rid all sinners from the planet, and have a mass execution of all who are sinning? When Jesus comes to rid the earth of the wicked, we will have done His job for Him :nono:

Lord Vader

Big Mouth Nana said:
Hee-Hee, just knew that I wouldn't be able to stay in the arcade didn't you? I agree that if they know that they have aides, then they are guilty of comitting murder by having sex. It is not only homo's that spread aides, but prostitutes, adulterous relationships where a partner brings it to the marriage bed, and even more sadly, spread to heterosexual pregnant women through a "wandering" relationship. Aids knows no bounds, and is like a chain reaction. I think to just lay the sin at the foot of the homosexual is only part of the problem. If the homo's had stayed in their own arena, it would be just confined to them. Adultry is just as bad, and this is where it has spread to innocent people....husbands, wives and babies.
Clete believes that we should execute the homo's, so believing the way that he does, then adulterers should be executed also. Why not just rid all sinners from the planet, and have a mass execution of all who are sinning? When Jesus comes to rid the earth of the wicked, we will have done His job for Him :nono:

Isn't it weird the way certainty increases as IQ decreases?

Big Mouth Nana

Clete said:
I did not call him a fool without cause and this post has given me sufficient reason to call you one as well, although I will elect not to do so at this time.
Actually, there is no reason to call anyone a fool. You can disagree with someone in a more mature way. After-all, we are supposed to be mature Christian adults...well, some of us anyway. You can call me what you want, when you want, if it makes you feel more "Godly". Is it because he is an Agnostic, or because you think that he makes "foolish" comments? Should we round up all of the Agnostics and those who make foolish comments and execute them with the homosexuals also :nananana: :crackup: ?

Army of One

Big Mouth Nana said:
Actually, there is no reason to call anyone a fool. You can disagree with someone in a more mature way. After-all, we are supposed to be mature Christian adults...well, some of us anyway. You can call me what you want, when you want, if it makes you feel more "Godly". Is it because he is an Agnostic, or because you think that he makes "foolish" comments? Should we round up all of the Agnostics and those who make foolish comments and execute them with the homosexuals also :nananana: :crackup: ?
So Jesus and Paul used the word without reason?

No Worries

I wuld have thought on a Christian forum the answer to homosexual biblical execution was that Jesus came to give a new command to love one another, to turn the other cheek, to forgive and to not judge. How then can we condemn a man to death if he could still accept Jesus in his lifetime?

Can anyone see Jesus as being the executing axeman and if not do you think He would ask us to do something that He would not do Himself?