Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't worry, Climate Change, ok doser, Traditio, Crucible.

... But, I want to let you all know that I see what's happening and that I'm highly disappointed

I'm disappointed too, Nori. I'm disappointed that you didn't speak out when ClimateSanity was calling women vicious animals, when sod said rape was a choice that women make, when Trad talked about the justice of beating in a wife's face until she was dead, and when Crucible said marital rape was impossible, and due to the sin of a wife.

Its clear the racism, bigotry and misogyny shown by the above four posters plus others is institutionally supported at TOL.

ClimateSanity

I'm disappointed too, Nori. I'm disappointed that you didn't speak out when ClimateChange was calling women vicious animals, when sod said rape was a choice that women make, when Trad talked about the justice of beating in a wife's face until she was dead, and when Crucible said marital rape was impossible, and due to the sin of a wife.

Its clear the racism, bigotry and misogyny shown by the above four posters plus others is institutionally supported at TOL.

Take a look at the people I called vicious animals. Their gender is irrelevant. In fact, I went out of my way to call them animals to show a distinction between a real woman and something entirely different. They did not behave as women and so I wasn't attacking any woman as was charged. If you will recall, I was being charged as attacking women. Hence, I made a distinction between real women and not real women. If you want to make the case they were acting as real womwn ,be my guest but you are only discrediting the female gender.

bybee

I'm disappointed too, Nori. I'm disappointed that you didn't speak out when ClimateSanity was calling women vicious animals, when sod said rape was a choice that women make, when Trad talked about the justice of beating in a wife's face until she was dead, and when Crucible said marital rape was impossible, and due to the sin of a wife.

That is how I see it also. I am deeply disappointed in Ebenz.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That is how I see it also. I am deeply disappointed in Ebenz.

She may not be (usually) the one handing out infractions, but she, as do all the mods, looks the other way when worse than what she's been called is said to those here with whom she's "highly disappointed."

bybee

Don't worry, Climate Change, ok doser, Traditio, Crucible. I've been watching this whole thing unfold. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the liberal attitude of "I'm okay; you're okay," you're a bigot. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the feminist malarky that women need to fight for equality, you're a misogynist. If you don't embrace the "blacks can't be racist" spiel, you're a racist. And, being judged to be either one of those three or all three of them by certain posters on TOL, you have been being hounded constantly by them. I've kept quiet about it as long as I"m going to. I'm not going to hand out infractions over this. But, I want to let you all know that I see what's happening and that I'm highly disappointed in some people that I've respected for years. This reminds me of when I was called a bigot, on TOL, because I don't believe in homosexual marriage years ago. Face it, people! Not everyone is going to agree with whatever you say is right. I know that some people don't agree with me and I accept it. You should do the same thing.

A line has been drawn here. I have not given your friends neg rep. I speak face to face. I reply if and when I take issue with another poster and also when I agree with another poster.
TOL has become an unpleasant place to be due to the cronyism displayed by the owner of the place and the current Mod's.

I have enjoyed many fruitful hours here and made some wonderful friends.
However, with great sadness, I ask you to please remove me from
this board.

ClimateSanity

Ebenz is only seeing clearly what everyone else sees who isnt part of your clique. She had just finally had enough and thought it was time this long festering sore be brought to the light of day.

elohiym

Don't worry, Climate Change, ok doser, Traditio, Crucible. I've been watching this whole thing unfold. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the liberal attitude of "I'm okay; you're okay," you're a bigot. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the feminist malarky that women need to fight for equality, you're a misogynist. If you don't embrace the "blacks can't be racist" spiel, you're a racist. And, being judged to be either one of those three or all three of them by certain posters on TOL, you have been being hounded constantly by them.

Didn't Knight say at one point that Traditio is on a short leash because he is a racist?

Didn't ClimateSanity just last year post here as BOLCATS who was anti-Christian, attacking the gospel while breaking TOL rules?

Isn't Crucible a Calvinist who believes in the cosmic lottery that Knight has condemned for so many years? His whole theology is bigoted.

Have you seen any examples of bigotry, racism and misogyny from ok doser? Was he ever banned for racist comments?

I'm not sure why you are defending them. :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Crucible said marital rape was impossible, and due to the sin of a wife.

I don't believe a woman is victimized in being forced to have sex with their husband- I believe that it's sensationalized nonsense to perpetuate the 'victim complex' of many women.

I don't really see what the big problem is there. It is nowhere near the same as a transgressor simply out to defile a woman- the fact of the matter is that divorce is wrong, but if a woman feels that strongly about it, just leave, but don't sit there and brand your husband a rapist when you yourself have used sex as a device of control in your own marriage.

That's just how I feel about it :idunno:

Isn't Crucible a Calvinist

Yes, because I run with the fundamental fruit of the Reformation, not the questionable alternates. Calvinism is the most solid rock in Protestant belief.

It's not like I don't consider other Christians as something else, their theology is just way off. Everyone, whether they choose to believe so or not, is a Calvinist when they are on their knees pleading to God.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebenz47037
Don't worry, Climate Change, ok doser, Traditio, Crucible. I've been watching this whole thing unfold. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the liberal attitude of "I'm okay; you're okay," you're a bigot. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the feminist malarky that women need to fight for equality, you're a misogynist. If you don't embrace the "blacks can't be racist" spiel, you're a racist. And, being judged to be either one of those three or all three of them by certain posters on TOL, you have been being hounded constantly by them. I've kept quiet about it as long as I"m going to. I'm not going to hand out infractions over this. But, I want to let you all know that I see what's happening and that I'm highly disappointed in some people that I've respected for years. This reminds me of when I was called a bigot, on TOL, because I don't believe in homosexual marriage years ago. Face it, people! Not everyone is going to agree with whatever you say is right. I know that some people don't agree with me and I accept it. You should do the same thing.

A line has been drawn here. I have not given your friends neg rep. I speak face to face. I reply if and when I take issue with another poster and also when I agree with another poster.
TOL has become an unpleasant place to be due to the cronyism displayed by the owner of the place and the current Mod's.

this board.

Since you were made a TOL moderator (and I assume that prestigious position has since been revoked), I've mockingly treated you with respect. While I had asked myself many times why a secular humanist like you was even considered for that position, I respected the decision that TOL management made and remained silent on the issue.

If you are leaving this Christian (and hence conservative) website, might I suggest that you avoid spending time with other secular humanists that you call 'friends' and seek the spiritual guidance that you so desperately need.

Good luck bybee, I hope that on your journey through life that you'll someday have a relationship with Jesus Christ, which of course means taking God's Word as seen in Holy Scripture serious.

WizardofOz

Don't worry, Climate Change, ok doser, Traditio, Crucible.

Were they worried? :idunno:

If a post is against the rules, anyone can report it.

I've been watching this whole thing unfold. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the liberal attitude of "I'm okay; you're okay," you're a bigot. If you're a male who doesn't embrace the feminist malarky that women need to fight for equality, you're a misogynist. If you don't embrace the "blacks can't be racist" spiel, you're a racist. And, being judged to be either one of those three or all three of them by certain posters on TOL, you have been being hounded constantly by them.

This works both ways. If you don't embrace the other sides view, you're not really a Christian. Just look at aCW's last post.
Good luck bybee, I hope that on your journey through life that you'll someday have a relationship with Jesus Christ, which of course means taking God's Word as seen in Holy Scripture serious.

Since bybee doesn't agree with his views, he wishes her a future relationship with Jesus, as if she doesn't have one now.

Both sides are playing the label game.

Do me a favor and offer your definition of misogynist. I personally feel that punching a woman in the face and stating that it's OK if she 'deserved it' qualifies, but I am open to your opinion.

:idea: Let's debate it...you know what this site is here for...

I've kept quiet about it as long as I"m going to. I'm not going to hand out infractions over this. But, I want to let you all know that I see what's happening and that I'm highly disappointed in some people that I've respected for years.

This is also a two-way street.

This reminds me of when I was called a bigot, on TOL, because I don't believe in homosexual marriage years ago. Face it, people! Not everyone is going to agree with whatever you say is right. I know that some people don't agree with me and I accept it. You should do the same thing.

:thumb: Well said

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think Sherman should be made aware every time a deliberate lie is told by her about me.

Seriously ... it was stated as a FACT that YOU were a completely new subscriber. Then you outed yourself and went on to admit what everyone know ... that you were not and that you were also BOLCATS.

It was stated as FACT after I was reported for making it known that I KNOW Crucible is a poster who has been banned under several ID's ... in one instance for blasphemy ... that he was also a new subscriber. By an individual I considered a friend as well as honest. Oh well ... that's my fault for being too trusting.

There have been no lies about you or the guy who is supposedly new. It's also not a lie to state that OK'D made several threads stating that some women DESERVE to get raped and Traditio stated a husband should be allowed to beat his wife.

I couldn't care less if anyone on TOL hates me or no longer respects me for standing up against those such as yourself who jumped on the "it's cool to abuse women" bandwagon.

The only cool part about this is the fact that you, BOLCAT, are no longer claiming you don't believe in your deity. Apparently you have converted to Christianity. Now THAT is something.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do me a favor and offer your definition of misogynist. I personally feel that punching a woman in the face and stating that it's OK if she 'deserved it' qualifies, but I am open to your opinion.

:idea: Let's debate it...you know what this site is here for...

I am quite surprised to see that such a remark is being endorsed as though it isn't misogynistic.

No scratch that ... about six months ago, I would have been surprised. Back at that time, when a moderator such as Bybee was told to shut up and mind her own business, the person making the remark would have received an infraction rather than giving the member a membership and demoting the moderator.

Eh, it is what it is ...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I really just think the mods are standing up for the underdogs so that we don't feel insecure on here.

Because here's the thing- several posters who I suppose I don't need to name have made it an agenda to make others look bad or make unpopular, and that's not cool..
a person's opinion or outlook on any particular subject should not be met with some sort of crusade against them.

There's a vicious antic therein to have a person question their status on the forum, produced by claims of them or misrepresenting what they say with an intent of having them be hemmed up by the rules of the board.

Nobody can say this is imaginary, because I've dealt with it more than several times on here. I mean, even in my very first dispute, I was outright told that some members try to get others banned- and that's a little ridiculous.
For that reason, I believe the mods are just trying to be fair on the matter.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do me a favor and offer your definition of misogynist. I personally feel that punching a woman in the face and stating that it's OK if she 'deserved it' qualifies....

most of modern society deserves to be punched in the face

men and women

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

this board.

That is sad ... and we do know that this has been the aim of several of those being defended. To get rid of you and several others.

You have my email ... it's always open, Bybee.