Rob Lowe on Paris attacks

ClimateSanity

The following is his tweet concerning the attacks:

Oh, NOW France closes its borders.

For this, he was called a piece of low life scum and other hateful comments.

What am I missing here? Why is it OK to lecture people about the necessity of stricter gun control laws after mass killings, but ghastly behavior to talk about the necessity of border control after a terrorist attack?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

What am I missing here? Why is it OK to lecture people about the necessity of stricter gun control laws after mass killings, but ghastly behavior to talk about the necessity of border control after a terrorist attack?
The hysterical fixation on closed borders comes from fear and disgust at other groups. Protecting the border comes from fear-based concerns.

The real problem is that many well-meaning folks want to do all they can to keep this fear to a minimum. They remember the fear-mongering of the Jews by the Nazis. Jews were compared to vermin, to disease and to cultural evil.

Some hold these lessons of history as important to our lives in the present.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I love it when the left attacks one of their own.

ClimateSanity

The hysterical fixation on closed borders comes from fear and disgust at other groups. Protecting the border comes from fear-based concerns.

The real problem is that many well-meaning folks want to do all they can to keep this fear to a minimum. They remember the fear-mongering of the Jews by the Nazis. Jews were compared to vermin, to disease and to cultural evil.

Some hold these lessons of history as important to our lives in the present.

There is a significant segment of Muslims seeking to enter Europe to be a part of a terrorist attack....hundreds of thousands of them. An open border is an outright invitation for attack.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There is a significant segment of Muslims seeking to enter Europe to be a part of a terrorist attack....hundreds of thousands of them. An open border is an outright invitation for attack.
What IS that significant number? How, specifically, are you to determine who is a potential terrorist?

There is plenty of evidence as to what radicalizes peaceful people to achieve their goals with violence. Much of it is religion, and both Christianity and Islam believe in violent reactions to people of different views.

The world is slowly coming together about some safe, pragmatic ways to secure a border. The attack in Paris will only galvanize countries to work together.

Already the Turks have finally stepped up and have begun bombing ISIS.

The question is, does such behavior further cause the terrorism we want to fight against?

rexlunae

I don't think it's unfair to do so. All I would suggest is that we continue to remember the humanity of the refugees, instead of vilifying them all because of the actions of a miniscule minority.

Jerome84

Western European media is communist. They propagate for removing national borders. Everyone opposing this are scum/traitors/lowlifes and are kept from speaking out. People lose their jobs for protesting in my country.

According to European "commy" media there are 60 millon muslims that EVERYONE should cry day and night over. And they should all come to Europe and get welfare.

Opposing this equals being Adolf Hitler. Truth. I live in Europe so I know.

ClimateSanity

Western European media is communist. They propagate for removing national borders. Everyone opposing this are scum/traitors/lowlifes and are kept from speaking out. People lose their jobs for protesting in my country.

According to European "commy" media there are 60 millon muslims that EVERYONE should cry day and night over. And they should all come to Europe and get welfare.

Opposing this equals being Adolf Hitler. Truth. I live in Europe so I know.

Europe's media is just America's on steroids.

nikolai_42

The irony (?) of that statement is that it isn't even (quite) true...supposedly they had already started to close the borders for several weeks leading up to the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris (Nov 30-Dec 11).

France to tighten border controls before U.N. climate change meeting, official says

Note the definition they use of closing borders...