Pro-abortion is Anti-Woman

republicanchick

The pro abortion stance is anti-woman

abortion causes Post Abortion Syndrome. I have read books on this.

The women suffer from deep regret, deep depression, anxiety, fear that they will not be forgiven by God, and the list goes on... Some turn to drugs/alc, some even become self destructive and some commit suicide..

some conceive a "make up for it" baby as a result of their PAS... NOT good...

People should have the right reasons for having a child... The only good reason is b/c you have something to GIVE the child... Children should not be conceived with the goal of "I want..." (whatever)

++

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
This is a myth which has been debunked by science . " Post abortion syndrome " is nothing but a nasty-sounding term invented by the anti-choice movement. No such thing exists , just like "Partial birth abortion ", a bogus medical term invented by anti-choicers .
Also the myth that abortion causes breast cancer and infertility .
Most women feel PROFOUNDLY RELIEVED after having abortions .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh ... the "Myth Theory".

Did you hear about the guy who claims that abortions only happen because women are poor?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say that . I said that poverty is a major factor in causing abortions, and that if the US could greatly reduce poverty, the abortion rate would plummet .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't say that . I said that poverty is a major factor in causing abortions, and that if the US could greatly reduce poverty, the abortion rate would plummet .

You imply it every time you post. Do you believe that poverty is an excuse to commit crimes towards others, including theft, assault and murder?

republicanchick

This is a myth which has been debunked by science . " Post abortion syndrome " is nothing but a nasty-sounding term invented by the anti-choice movement. No such thing exists , just like "Partial birth abortion ", a bogus medical term invented by anti-choicers .
Also the myth that abortion causes breast cancer and infertility .
Most women feel PROFOUNDLY RELIEVED after having abortions .

i dont read your posts. You are obviously clueless

__

republicanchick

You imply it every time you post. Do you believe that poverty is an excuse to commit crimes towards others, including theft, assault and murder?

out of the mouths of ... "enemies"

(I don't even bother w/ that poster... too much a pc of work... Only God can handle that kinda thing)

_

Quetzal

It isn't an excuse, he is exploring it as a possible cause. People in poverty are more desperate and are willing to do things they wouldn't otherwise do because they have to provide.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It isn't an excuse, he is exploring it as a possible cause.

And you, as a newbie, can attest to this better than the rest of us who have listened to his same song and dance for the last few years? Rigghhht.

People in poverty are more desperate and are willing to do things they wouldn't otherwise do because they have to provide.

Is poverty or desperation an excuse to intentionally harm or kill another human being?

Is there an alternative to abortion which would allow the unborn baby to live without the mother having to provide for him/her?

Do women who do not wish to have children have to get pregnant?

Quetzal

And you, as a newbie, can attest to this better than the rest of us who have listened to his same song and dance for the last few years? Rigghhht.

Is poverty or desperation an excuse to intentionally harm or kill another human being?

Is there an alternative to abortion which would allow the unborn baby to live without the mother having to provide for him/her?

Do women who do not wish to have children have to get pregnant?
Why are you so aggressive? Deep breath. The point that I am trying to discuss is the relation between poverty and abortion. If abortions are, indeed, more common in impoverished areas, it is safe to assume that if those areas become the focus of financial sustainability projects, abortions might go down.

republicanchick

planned barren-head goes into poor districts b/c they want to get rid of the poor.. They see them as worthless..

not too Catholic of them... but

no surprise there

i have read books on the founder of pb or pp if you will...

Margaret Sanger believed Blacks to be inferior and wanted to get rid of as many as possible. She instructed Black preachers to go into the South to sell them birth control... I guess she realized they were @ least smart enough to know... not to listen to some rich White so and so... had to get those Black preacheres to do her dirty work.

Sanger met w/ Hitler... seems HItler got his ideas RE the Jews from her...

lovely world... lovely world..

+++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you so aggressive?

Because I simply cannot understand how anyone can so blatantly disregard the lives of children ... especially mothers. I am equally aggressive in any thread that has to do with adults marrying children or teens OR any types of sexual or physical abuse towards children.

Deep breath. The point that I am trying to discuss is the relation between poverty and abortion. If abortions are, indeed, more common in impoverished areas, it is safe to assume that if those areas become the focus of financial sustainability projects, abortions might go down.

I have absolutely no problem with helping women in crisis pregnancies ... or lower income families who have fallen on hard times. As a divorced mom of three children, I know what it's like to struggle to make ends meet. Which is exactly why I had a tubal ligation at age 25.

Why is poverty the excuse that is used for killing the unborn, but not for theft, abuse, murder, rape, etc.? How does someone's financial status determine whether or not something is right/wrong or harmful?

One of the girls I knew from my Christian high school had five abortions. Considering the amount of tuition these schools charge, no one is going to convince me that this was about "poverty" or just an accident.

It is entirely possible to be against abortion and STILL support assisting women with crisis pregnancies. You will never hear me call them derogatory names ... nor will I be making excuses for them to kill their unborn babies.

Quetzal

Because I simply cannot understand how anyone can so blatantly disregard the lives of children ... especially mothers. I am equally aggressive in any thread that has to do with adults marrying children or teens OR any types of sexual or physical abuse towards children.
Right, but we are having a critical discussion about a theory to reduce abortions. Something you should be supporting.

Why is poverty the excuse that is used for killing the unborn, but not for theft, abuse, murder, rape, etc.? How does someone's financial status determine whether or not something is right/wrong or harmful?
We are not arguing morality, we are arguing fiscal ability. If someone cannot raise a child and there are not other readily available options, abortion seems like an attractive alternative to them. I am not supporting one or the other, I am simply highlighting a common thought process.

One of the girls I knew from my Christian high school had five abortions. Considering the amount of tuition these schools charge, no one is going to convince me that this was about "poverty" or just an accident.
No, I am not going to try to convince you. This thread isn't dedicated to that special case. I am thinking in broader strokes.

It is entirely possible to be against abortion and STILL support assisting women with crisis pregnancies. You will never hear me call them derogatory names ... nor will I be making excuses for them to kill their unborn babies.
You seem to lack empathy on the topic because you are so emotionally charged. Empathy, in the case, is important because it gives you a perspective that offers possible solutions to the problem.

RevTestament

I have absolutely no problem with helping women in crisis pregnancies ... or lower income families who have fallen on hard times. As a divorced mom of three children, I know what it's like to struggle to make ends meet. Which is exactly why I had a tubal ligation at age 25.

As I see it, most abortion is not much different than sacrificing your children to the god Molech which God disdained, except it is to the god of convenience, and being able to have more stuff.
However, sometimes it might be in order to help the other children if the mother's life is in peril for instance.
Sadly, in most cases morals are not taught together with sex ed, and this imo ended up coinciding with the enormous increase in abortion in this country in the 70s and 80s.
One of the things I taught my own children is not to have sex until one is ready to commit to a life long relationship. I asked them what would you think of me if I had you with your mother and then left her and you? What would your child think if you did that? For that same reason don't use your power of procreation unless you are committed to raising your child in a family.
How many spirits sent by our Father has man denied the opportunity to live here for his own selfish reasons? The numbers are horrific.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right, but we are having a critical discussion about a theory to reduce abortions. Something you should be supporting.

I already do support aiding mothers and their children financially. That doesn't, however, mean I need to support abortions.

We are not arguing morality, we are arguing fiscal ability. If someone cannot raise a child and there are not other readily available options, abortion seems like an attractive alternative to them. I am not supporting one or the other, I am simply highlighting a common thought process.

I understand the thought process of "this would be so much easier", I just don't agree it's acceptable when it comes to harming another human being.

No, I am not going to try to convince you. This thread isn't dedicated to that special case. I am thinking in broader strokes.

Difficult does not equate to impossible. The most loving thing for a parent to do IF they are unable to care for their child properly is to allow someone else to take on that responsibility.

You seem to lack empathy on the topic because you are so emotionally charged. Empathy, in the case, is important because it gives you a perspective that offers possible solutions to the problem.

I only lack empathy in cases where the mothers use abortion as their choice of birth control.

Quetzal

I already do support aiding mothers and their children financially. That doesn't, however, mean I need to support abortions.
Right, I agree.

I understand the thought process of "this would be so much easier", I just don't agree it's acceptable when it comes to harming another human being.
I agree here as well.

Difficult does not equate to impossible. The most loving thing for a parent to do IF they are unable to care for their child properly is to allow someone else to take on that responsibility.
If the data is correct (which I am not sure if it is) and abortions are more common in impoverished areas, what do you think can be done to make them less common?

I only lack empathy in cases where the mothers use abortion as their choice of birth control.
I would like to believe this isn't a common occurrence, but it may be more common than I thought.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Government-ordered compulsory childbirth for pregnant women, even if a pregnancy would kill them or ruin their health, or if too poor to provide for a child, or a fetus was the result of incest or rape, is a guarantee of disaster for any country . It does not work. It never has and never will .
It is always disastrously counterprodictive , and is like trying to stopa forest fire by pouring gasoline on it . In fact, more abortions happen in countries where it is illegal than where it is legal . This is an established fact, and you can google it yourself .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the data is correct (which I am not sure if it is) and abortions are more common in impoverished areas, what do you think can be done to make them less common?

Well, of course, I am for banning abortions. That doesn't mean, however, that I would have a problem with accommodating these woman insofar as health checks, shelter, food and clothing. I am not anti-welfare in the case where it used for the purpose of temporary help.

Quetzal

Well, of course, I am for banning abortions. That doesn't mean, however, that I would have a problem with accommodating these woman insofar as health checks, shelter, food and clothing. I am not anti-welfare in the case where it used for the purpose of temporary help.
I would only add that I would like to see more outreach in regards to adoption and foster care.