Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shagster01 View Post
    Do you think that nobody at that wedding might have had a drinking problem? Might have overdone it that night Jesus provided the wine? And if they did, was it Jesus' fault for contributing to their sin?

Of course not. He provided wine. What they did or didn't do with it was 100% on them. By making wine he was not condoning drunkenness, even though it likely resulted. He was just providing a service to the people there.
    Waaaay off the OP. America has more problems with alcohol than most other countries. Try not to let that side-track or side-rail this thread. It isn't what this thread is about.

I 'think' the cupcake protest looks like one. That is, it isn't giving away cupcakes to be giving away cupcakes in kindness. If it were, they wouldn't have had to advertise it.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• And I'll tell you something else, sorcerer.

I don't believe Mary would have come to Christ asking for help on this had she known the people were already smashed. I also believe Christ already would have known if they were, as He was there. Your darkened mind has Christ furthering, or at least promoting, drunkenness.
      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
      Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
        From Robertson's Word Pictures:

The wine steward was only stating the usual case in these matters...a realistic hypothetical based on his past experience, is the best way I know to phrase it. But he was neither stating nor implying the party members were drunk, or had even had enough to get drunk.
        Exactly, we have a winner!
        sigpic

Comment

• He's already bailed out. He never cared what the Truth is anyway.
          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
          Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

He's already bailed out. He never cared what the Truth is anyway.
            Yep, he lied about what the scriptures say, just like he lied about what i said.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
              Yep, he lied about what the scriptures say, just like he lied about what i said.
              I caught that and fixed my post. He wanted to pit me against you.
              Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Not to mention its not been established - there are no scriptures stating anyone was drunk there, nor have they established the relevant laws and punishments to compare excessive drinking with homosexual sex.

(the only time i see anything traci says is when someone quotes them, they are an ignore -keeper)
                Angel hates the truth

Comment

Don't play the "it's implied" game. The host was just stating the usual practice. Where's it say the people were drunk?
                  Did they not drink so much wine that they ran out?

Comment

• Originally posted by TracerBullet View Post
                    Did they not drink so much wine that they ran out?
                    Quote it.
                    Terence Mc Lean

Comment

• Ok, I'll clear things up...

"Methuo" means drunk, not full like Angel4Truth claims.

"But" introduces a related contrasting statement to that which has already been stated. It does not connect two unconnected statements as Musterion says.

The verse says, " “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink (methuo); but you have saved the best till now.”

Also, the word for wine can mean wine, beer, or grape juice. You are fine implying wine. You are not fine with the meaning of "but". Why is that?
                      Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Comment

Ok, I'll clear things up...

"Methuo" means drunk, not full like Angel4Truth claims.
                        One more time- lying pothead - i only corrected YOUR definition of the phrase " having your fill"

Originally posted by shagster01 View Post
                        It is completely implied in scripture as the host talks about how most people wait until the guests have "had their fill," and then bring out cheap wine, but Jesus, at that point, brought out excellent wine.

What comes after "having your fill" of wine? Why, having too much, of course.
                        Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
                        having your fill, means to be full and satisfied. Get a dictionary.
                        I made no claim about the word from scripture, i only corrected your false definition of a phrase.

Does it bother you that other people can see you lying like a demon?
                        sigpic

Comment

One more time- lying pothead - i only corrected YOUR definition of the phrase " having your fill"

I made no claim about the word from scripture, i only corrected your false definition of a phrase.

Does it bother you that other people can see you lying like a demon?
                          It's not false. It means "drunk".
                          Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Comment

It is completely implied in scripture as the host talks about how most people wait until the guests have "had their fill," and then bring out cheap wine, but Jesus, at that point, brought out excellent wine.

What comes after "having your fill" of wine? Why, having too much, of course.
                            Originally posted by shagster01 View Post
                            It's not false. It means "drunk".
                            having your fill (a phrase you brought up and keep claiming means drunk) actual definition:

From Cambrige dictionary - get your fill of something
                            ( also have your fill of something)
                            to have or experience as much as you want of something

It only means to be satisfied like i said.

Keep lying and acting like an idiot, i like people seeing you do it.
                            sigpic

Comment

having your fill (a phrase you brought up and keep claiming means drunk) actual definition:

From Cambrige dictionary - get your fill of something
                              ( also have your fill of something)
                              to have or experience as much as you want of something

It only means to be satisfied like i said.

Keep lying and acting like an idiot, i like people seeing you do it.
                              You are arguing what an English statement means. I am giving you the actual Greek word used in the bible.

If getting drunk is not a sin, why are you trying so hard to prove these people weren't drunk? If it's not a sin, who cares?

Comment

John 2:1-11
                                Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
                                2 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; 2 and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus *said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4 And Jesus *said to her, “Woman, [a]what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother *said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” 6 Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing [b]twenty or thirty gallons each. 7 Jesus *said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He *said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the [c]headwaiter.” So they took it to him. 9 When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter *called the bridegroom, 10 and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” 11 This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

Jesus mother said they have no more wine.

1) means maybe (since shag wants guessing to be happening here) that many at THIS wedding couldnt even "get their fill")

Then we have what the host said - he was stating what happens at OTHER WEDDINGS - where is it mentioned how MUCH to drink anyone has had AT THIS WEDDING? (hint: it doesnt)

Then did the bridegroom keep back wine at all? No, they had run out - didnt have enough for people to drink freely and get their fill at all, which is why Christ provided, just like He provided food for the hungry when He fed the 5000.

A Host guessing what happened is the same as you guessing what happened. It certainly isnt even implying that Christ gave more wine to a bunch of drunks like you suggest.

You dont even know whats happening there.
                                You cant read can you shag, or are you too stoned to understand what you read?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X