Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

Arthur Brain

You said that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes by telling me that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

If there was an outright ban on people leaving their homes there wouldn't be ANY reason why they'd be allowed to leave them. How is this not clear? I mean, do you need pictures or something?!

Please do feel inclined to not respond aka Trump style.

:freak:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
If there was an outright ban on people leaving their homes there wouldn't be ANY reason why they'd be allowed to leave them.

But you said there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons. For, I said:

But you said there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

And you agreed:

Um, yes, like for having parties in the middle of the street or raves in fields etc.

So, by "yes", you meant "no"? Did you mean, "There is NOT an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons"?

Arthur Brain

But you said there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons. For, I said:

And you agreed:

So, by "yes", you meant "no"? Did you mean, "There is NOT an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons"?

There isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes. There is an outright ban on certain things people can do once they've left their homes. Does that help you now?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

One could make a convincing case that this President and his Administration have been deliberately "slow-walking" the introduction of COVID-19 testing because its not in their best interests for the American public to realize the magnitude of the pandemic!

While the President has invoked emergency measures to produce ventilators there has been no corresponding effort to mass produce testing kits, swabs, etc, despite the fact that he has been boasting since early March that anyone who wanted a test could get one!

Thusfar less than 2% of the American public has been tested and there are no guarantees that those testing negative in the past haven't been infected since then!

One study from Italy has concluded of those testing positive for COVID-19, approximately 25% exhibited flu-like symptoms while the other 75% were completely "asymptomatic" and had no idea that they were spreading the virus!

Without adequate testing and the President's daily "feel good" pronouncements, even at this late stage the American public is still underestimating the true magnitude of the pandemic and is being deliberately lulled into a sense of false security when it comes reopening the economy!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coron...taly-1.5504780

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... One could make a convincing case that this President and his Administration have been deliberately "slow-walking" the introduction of COVID-19 testing because its not in their best interests for the American public to realize the magnitude of the pandemic ...

Convincing to a retard from Canada perhaps

:think:

Let me guess - you call the Avalon peninsula home, right bye?

A Placentia Bay man?

Last edited:

ok doser

You can tell that someone's arguments are weak when they resort to "your're a foreigner, and therefore don't understand"

funny - the left thought that "you're a foreigner, and therefore shouldn't influence our political processes" was a persuasive argument when they were desperately trying to sell the lie of Russian collusion

i guess hypocrisy just runs in your veins :sigh:

chair

funny - the left thought that "you're a foreigner, and therefore shouldn't influence our political processes" was a persuasive argument when they were desperately trying to sell the lie of Russian collusion

i guess hypocrisy just runs in your veins :sigh:

cute- except I never said that. You are playing identity politics, and tossing me in with "the enemy"

Try again

ok doser

cute- except I never said that. You are playing identity politics, and tossing me in with "the enemy"

Try again

not you - jgarden

and i get it now - you have skin in the game, I respect that

and you probably missed the dig at Newfies that a Canada-phile like me would get - Newfies are the Polocks of Canada - likeable but dimwitted

7djengo7

There isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes.

What (if any) difference would you say there is between a "ban on people leaving their homes" and an "outright ban on people leaving their homes"?

You say there isn't an "outright" ban on people leaving their homes; would you say, also, that there isn't a ban (a "non-outright" one) on people leaving their homes?

There is an outright ban on certain things people can do once they've left their homes.

In other words, bans on, say, burglary and car theft are lockdown laws? You can leave home, but you're banned from stealing a horse once you've left your home, so laws against horse theft are lockdown laws?

7djengo7

That there are restrictions on what people can and can't do in the middle of a lockdown doesn't mean that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes.

Aren't the restrictions, themselves, supposed be what constitute the lockdown? And yet, you're telling me that a lockdown is anything BUT a restriction against one's leaving one's home.

What fool thought of calling a restriction against, say, walking on the beach, a "lockdown"?

ok doser

In other words, bans on, say, burglary and car theft are lockdown laws? You can leave home, but you're banned from stealing a horse once you've left your home, so laws against horse theft are lockdown laws?

if something isn't specified, does that mean it's allowed?

rape?
murder?
arson?
rape?

7djengo7

How long could you manage for food, drink etc if your home was in a lock-down or curfew situation?

There isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes. There is an outright ban on certain things people can do once they've left their homes.

Is a curfew an outright ban on people leaving their homes, or is a curfew an outright ban on certain things people can do once they've left their homes?

Here, at least, eider actually seems to have a more rational conception of how to use the term, 'lockdown', than does Arthur Brain, and the idiots who call prohibitions against strolling on beaches, a "lockdown".

eider

Is a curfew an outright ban on people leaving their homes, or is a curfew an outright ban on certain things people can do once they've left their homes?
Neither.
How old are you?
Have you got a dictionary?
If not.... *oh dear* , let me help you.
Oxford Little Dictionary *ummm keep it to the little dictionary*
A curfew is a law requiring people to stay indoors after a stated time.

Here, at least, eider actually seems to have a more rational conception of how to use the term, 'lockdown', than does Arthur Brain, and the idiots who call prohibitions against strolling on beaches, a "lockdown".
I think I know where the ignorance is coming from. People who travel to beaches, parks, other towns, their yachts, their seaside caravan homes....... they spread the sickness.

Which part of Stay at home are you having difficulty with?

And 'Yes' people are banned from going to their holiday homes and yachts.
Notice to Mariners (UK) explains that no yachts may be taken from their moorings although they may visit to endure that moorings are secure etc.

Arthur Brain , the above should keep the grousers going for a bit...... well, they gotta have something to moan about. Can you imagine living near one of the grousers at this time....... it couldn't help.