Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
There isn't a ban on people leaving their homes. There are restrictions on the reasons why people can do so.

Here, you've just told me that there isn't a ban on people leaving their homes, and yet, in the very next sentence, you've told me that there is a ban on people leaving their homes (for certain reasons).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Here, you've just told me that there isn't a ban on people leaving their homes, and yet, in the very next sentence, you've told me that there is a ban on people leaving their homes (for certain reasons).

around here, "because I want to" is good enough

Arthur Brain

Yes 7D7. There isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes but the reasons for their doing so are restricted. They can't hold parties in the middle of the street. They can't have raves in a field etc. How is the obvious aspect of my previous reply to you causing you any confusion on the matter?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Absolutely right!!!

(And, "whenever I want to", at that!)

I remember as a kid being tickled by the fact that a small community up here where I live now had a curfew on kids - under 18 maybe, don't remember - they all had to be indoors by 8 I believe. There had been some issues with vandalism and other anti-social behaviors and the town council thought this the best way to handle it.

I thought it was hilarious! :chuckle:

7djengo7

Yes 7D7. There isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes but the reasons for their doing so are restricted. They can't hold parties in the middle of the street. They can't have raves in a field etc. How is the obvious aspect of my previous reply to you causing you any confusion on the matter?

But you said there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

Arthur Brain

But you said there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

Um, yes, like for having parties in the middle of the street or raves in fields etc. This really is getting boring now 7D7. what exactly is it that you're not getting?!

:freak:

eider

Um, yes, like for having parties in the middle of the street or raves in fields etc. This really is getting boring now 7D7. what exactly is it that you're not getting?!

Speaking of the lockdown and isolation, I notice that some shops are re-opening tomorrow.
B&Q is already operating a restricted access, limited number of customers in at one time. I'll get some fence stain and start on the fencing... that'll keep me going for a few days.

I spoke to a yachtsman yesterday and he tells me that no private boats may launch or leave moorings at present. Only working craft may operate.
The local Haven caravan site is closed to all but some residential units.

chair

I like how you're always proudly advertising the fact that you have absolutely no concern about such elementary questions as whether of not you even mean anything by the words you say. It's funny that even your use of the word, "semantic", is wholly emotive.

Oh well. It would apparently be more difficult to get on the nerves of a rabid pit-bull than it is to get on your nerves.

Whatever. Let us know when you grow up.

7djengo7

So, according to you, there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes, but also, according to you, there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes. Thanks.

Arthur Brain

So, according to you, there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes, but also, according to you, there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes. Thanks.

Um, nope. I honestly don't know how I can explain it any clearer to you than I already have but here goes:

Folk in UK allowed to go out of their homes for shopping, medical purposes, aiding those in need, exercise, work if can't be done from home.

There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes. Just to clarify: There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes.

PS: There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes.

Ya got it now?

No? Oh well...

7djengo7

Um, nope. I honestly don't know how I can explain it any clearer to you than I already have but here goes:

Folk in UK allowed to go out of their homes for shopping, medical purposes, aiding those in need, exercise, work if can't be done from home.

There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes. Just to clarify: There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes.

PS: There is no outright ban on people leaving their homes.

Ya got it now?

No? Oh well...

Here, you've three times contradicted your earlier affirmation of what I pointed out. I had said:

Here is your affirmation of what I said:

Um, yes, like for having parties in the middle of the street or raves in fields etc.

So, out of one side of your mouth, you affirm that there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes, while, out of the other side of your mouth, you affirm that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes.

Thank you.

Arthur Brain

Here, you've three times contradicted your earlier affirmation of what I pointed out. I had said:

So, out of one side of your mouth, you affirm that there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes, while, out of the other side of your mouth, you affirm that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes.

Thank you.

Heck, it's like trying to have a rational conversation with a doorstop.

Arthur Brain

Thank you.

That there are restrictions on what people can and can't do in the middle of a lockdown doesn't mean that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes. As explained. Logically, rationally, in the realms of sanity. Acquaint yourself with such.

7djengo7

That there are restrictions on what people can and can't do in the middle of a lockdown doesn't mean that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes.

So, you're changing your story, again. Here, you're saying that there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

Arthur Brain

So, you're changing your story, again. Here, you're saying that there is not an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.

(Gibber)

Erm, no. I'm saying what I've said all along and outlined why. That there isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes and there never was. Where's Rod Serling right about now?

7djengo7

(Gibber)

Erm, no. I'm saying what I've said all along and outlined why. That there isn't an outright ban on people leaving their homes and there never was. Where's Rod Serling right about now?

You said that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes by telling me that there is an outright ban on people leaving their homes for certain reasons.