Latino Support for Trump Is Real

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Latino Support for Trump Is Real
FEBRUARY 17, 2020
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/latino-support-trump-problem-democrats/606613/

President Donald Trump has done almost everything he can to anger Latino voters. And yet, his support among this crucial portion of the electorate remains surprisingly consistent. After the 2016 election, exit polls analyzed by the Pew Research Center showed that 28 percent of Latino voters supported Trump; today, 30 percent support him.

This percentage may not seem high. But consider what the number means for the Democrats: Displeasure with the president over the past three years has not led to an increase in support for the opposing party.

Democrats lost the 2016 election with about 66 percent of the Latino vote. Today 65 percent of registered Latino voters who are Democrats have a positive view of the party’s presidential candidates. Based on exit polling from the past three election cycles, I estimate that Democrats need about 70 percent of this vote to take back the White House

Latinos are people of faith. Their natural home should be the GOP, not the party of abortion and gay marriage. It should not be hard to win over some more.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Millions of Latinos are Trump supporters. Here's what they're thinking
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...exicans-attacks-immigrants-column/4224954002/

San Diego – It’s like chickens for Colonel Sanders. Why would any self-respecting Latino vote to re-elect President Donald Trump, arguably the most anti-Latino chief executive in U.S. history?

That’s what my non-Latino friends want to know. I get that question all the time, often accompanied by a tilted head and a confused look.

In the 2020 election, Trump seems likely to get between 25%-30% of the Latino vote. A recent poll by Telemundo found that 1 in 4 American Latinos would vote to re-elect him.

In 2016, according to exit polls, Trump got 28% of the Latino vote. He did better than Sen. Bob Dole, who got 21% of the Latino vote in 1996, and Sen. Mitt Romney, who got 27% in 2012. But he couldn’t match Sen. John McCain, who got 31% of the Latino vote in 2008, or President George W. Bush, who got 40% in 2004. Anything north of 30% is a decent showing for a Republican, and anything beyond 40% will make a GOP candidate virtually unbeatabl
e

Ay caramba! Hacer a las latinas grandes de nuevo!

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
ca6ef807-b6ca-4b6b-bc7b-5434bf5d6aa4-AFP_AFP_1LI6CC.JPG
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
it's surprisingly high considering what a racist he is

oh wait - maybe he isn't a racist after all

Tell Comrade T that experts say that a 25% shift in black voters to the GOP means the DEATH of the Democrat party. Uh, yah, that is winning. So a 30% level of Latino's is all good.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Tell Comrade T that experts say that a 25% shift in black voters to the GOP means the DEATH of the Democrat party. Uh, yah, that is winning. So a 30% level of Latino's is all good.

In the 2010 midterms, Republicans got 38% of the Hispanic/Latino vote (source). In the 2018 midterms, Republicans got 29% of that vote (source)--a drop of 9 points!

Meanwhile, "A new Washington Post-Ipsos poll finds that 83% of African Americans across the country believe President Trump is a racist and he's exacerbated the country's race problems while in office." -- https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-a...b04ded233.html

If you think there is going to be a 25% shift of black voters to the GOP when 83% of black Americans view Trump as a racist, you have another thing coming.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I don't think Trump is racist. He's more of an elitist. I know a few Latinos who support Trump. My sister for one.

I don't think Trump is an elitist. He's probably one of the most down to earth billionaire guys there is. He is sure not some snobby snotty nose-in-the-air wannabe-royalty type. He's a regular guy.

Arthur Brain

I don't think Trump is an elitist. He's probably one of the most down to earth billionaire guys there is. He is sure not some snobby snotty nose-in-the-air wannabe-royalty type. He's a regular guy.

Sure, unless you live on conserved land in Scotland where he wanted to build a golf course and the residents were getting in his way...

"Regular guy"? You need to buy a clue.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
New poll shows Trump has a big Hispanic problem in Florida

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump appears to be facing an insurmountable wall among Latino voters in the key swing state of Florida: only 12.9% support among Hispanic voters, according to a new survey.

It is a "historical low for a Republican candidate," said Eduardo Gamarra, co-author of New Latino Voice, an online poll conducted by Florida International University and Adsmovil, which is surveying the Latino vote nationally over the course of 16 weeks. The last sample was taken between July 26 and 31, and for the first time includes specific results for Florida.

His low level of support in Florida could cost Trump the state and its 29 electoral votes, highly sought after in the race for the 270 electoral votes the presidential candidates need to win. "If the voter turnout rate of Hispanics is high here, Trump runs the risk of not winning," said Gamarra.

The New Latino Voice poll shows Trump doing only minimally better among Hispanics in Florida than the rest of the country - 12.8% - despite South Florida's large Cuban American community, a traditional bastion for the Republican party.

In the past, the Republican Party used to win among Latinos in the state thanks to a conservative Cuban majority associated with a strong anti-Castro sentiment. Over the years, the old guard of Cuban exiles gave way to a new generation of youth more open to other political views. Cuban hegemony also broke down with the arrival en masse of other Hispanic groups who lean Democrat, like Puerto Ricans.

"The Hispanic Republican [base] shrinks during every election cycle in Florida," said Gamarra.

Trump could speed up that process.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
wonder why my spellcheck didn't catch "Floridean"

:sozo2: :sozo2: :sozo2: :sozo2: :sozo2: :sozo2: