If one is "born gay" how do you explain ex-gays?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, we would support anybody's rights to free expression and opinion, so long as it does not incite crime, harassment, victimization, fears etc.
Shout your mouth off.....if you must.

You cannot help it, it seems. Why is it that Anti-LGBTs (your name for yourself) construe sexuality beside murder, or pedophilia? So extreme....

It's really quite simple and easy to understand, eider

Homosexuality is a disordered condition, same as abortion, rape, divorce, adultery, etc

Including murder and pedophilia

quip

BANNED
Banned
That's an opinion. My opinion is that there IS a need, and that it IS tending to my own biz. You're in the same glass house, quip.

And determining whose opinion should hold sway is the exact same moral dilemma you and eider are trying to prevent anti-LGBTs, if you'll allow the term, from joining the discussion.

Again, if you say anyone who is against murder is NOT allowed to voice their opinion about whether murder should be legal, murder will become legal, because murderers will have the final (and only) say.

Sorry, but that's just a brute fact. People who've been trod upon tend to react to it.
You have every right to express your bigotry....likewise their right to express their opposition to it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sorry, but that's just a brute fact. People who've been trod upon tend to react to it.
You have every right to express your bigotry....likewise their right to express their opposition to it.

next up - Pedophiles!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And determining whose opinion should hold sway is the exact same moral dilemma you and eider are trying to prevent anti-LGBTs, if you'll allow the term, from joining the discussion.

Again, if you say anyone who is against murder is NOT allowed to voice their opinion about whether murder should be legal, murder will become legal, because murderers will have the final (and only) say.

As Bob keeps saying: In the public square, Christianity and homosexuality are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

Derf

I don't think that even begins to address my point. Want to try again?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I don't think that even begins to address my point. Want to try again?

Yes, that addresses your point. Nobody said you're banned from addressing the (alleged) evils of homosexuality, it's just that progressive society has moved away from such close-minded aspersions (ex. analogies comparing homosexual acts to murderous ones.), whilst the opinions of bigots hold less power and prestige than they once held in the past.

... God

yeah, we know - and "progressive" society is paying the price for rejecting God

Really. They're special little creatures that know better. They've moved on from their Creator, the eternal Creator of the entire vast universe, as a matter of fact, are going to dig a hole and hide, Revelation 6:16. Blah, blah, blah, like Neitzche and Voltaire. God and the Holy Bible are dead. Methinks I'm probably the only one to mention the names Neitzche and Voltaire of late, in any thread? Have you seen their names anywhere, of late, of not so late?

Black is white, bitter is sweet, now it's progressive to be regressive. "If we can't have Marx, give us Bernie! Give us Sodom and Gomorrah!"

Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

What is it, over three thousand years now, since scripture had their number? Progressive? LOL!

Anyway, you rule, Granny!

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You do realize, do you not, first of all, that I'm a moderator and am well aware of the rules, and second of all, that TOL and Kgov are now run by the same people, right? Which means that the rule about link dropping (which is against links to other FORUMS, so it doesn't apply anyways) does not apply.

For the first link, you said you were not aware of what Pastor Enyart thought of America's constitution. The link I posted, had you just clicked on it, was to correct your assumption that eider was talking about America's CURRENT constitution, to that eider was talking about Bob's PROPOSED constitution of America, which can be found at said link.

The the second link, again, had you just clicked on it, would have directed you to Kgov's response to the homo claims of "we just want to be left alone," which argument is the same one eider just made.

I was trying to help you out. So please, don't shoot the messenger.

I apologize, I was a bit testy, I am fully aware that you are a mod, not that it makes a difference. I have always hated being directed to a link, I would rather have a conversation when I come here. Like I said, I was a bit testy that night and I apologize for that. Now to Eiders comment, I get he is trying to make the "go along & get along" argument, and I am trying to understand what that looks like to him. I personally will legally oppose any furtherance of the LGBTQ agenda on a societal level...and have, however I do believe when we are dealing with people on a personal level we as Christians need to understand that these people are in a sinful condition, and we have to ask ourselves does Jesus love this person? I would say yes...He loves us all, even when we were yet still sinners, no? It is hard to preach the gospel to someone that feels that you hate them. Just how I see it anyway.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I believe that sexual drives have varied in humans since the start, but as long as those who are prejudiced against LGBT lifestyles keep their beliefs and opinions to themselves, then, no problem.

When LGBTQ community can keep their beliefs & opinions to themselves than so will the rest of society...and yes, there will be no problem. When the LGBTQ activist intend too push their beliefs on society that is where the problem begins. You can live as you please in a free society but, you do not have the right to demand that others accept it as a normal "lifestyle"....it isn't.

But if or when minority groups become harassed, victimsed or subdued by self-righteousness in any way, then all of a community should rise up to bring law-and-order to any such attacks.

Violence against anyone should be opposed not just your preferred sub group...they are not special in that respect.

me, the one condition which shows how different our sexuality can be is 'Asexuality' and I have known a few asexual men and women in my lifetime...... who clearly do not fit with heterosexual characteristics. If folks can accept that condition, then they can accept the rest, as far as I am concerned.

People wrestle with all kinds of psychological issues, aberrant sexual behavior is just one of them.

The Churches which now support LGBT followers and their lifestyles are now are in full view here (UK) but the more extreme churches seem to be falling away. Maybe that's God's will?

A church can preach whatever doctrine that they please, the onus is upon the recipient to search if it is true or not. If a church says that it is "Christian" and espouses a doctrine that is contrary to the Bible than this church is apostate...pure & simple. Just because it fits your sensibilities doesn't make it truth.

eider

When LGBTQ community can keep their beliefs & opinions to themselves than so will the rest of society...and yes, there will be no problem. When the LGBTQ activist intend too push their beliefs on society that is where the problem begins. You can live as you please in a free society but, you do not have the right to demand that others accept it as a normal "lifestyle"....it isn't.
That's your opinion, that any LGBT lifestyle is not normal. The question begs: What is normal?

Violence against anyone should be opposed not just your preferred sub group...they are not special in that respect.
Eh? My preferred sub-group? This thread is about Gays. If you want to write about any other sub-groups then just make a thread, is my suggestion.

People wrestle with all kinds of psychological issues, aberrant sexual behavior is just one of them.
Again I ask, What is normal?
We are as unique as our fingerprints.

A church can preach whatever doctrine that they please, the onus is upon the recipient to search if it is true or not. If a church says that it is "Christian" and espouses a doctrine that is contrary to the Bible than this church is apostate...pure & simple. Just because it fits your sensibilities doesn't make it truth.
All Christian Churches think that their Creed is Christian. Many Christians point at the others and claim 'They are not Christians!'
And because of this I know that some Christian Churches will point at yours (whatever it is) and claim 'They are not Christian'.

Yesterday I read on a TOL thread that one member promotes a 'Judeo-Christian' way, or country. I has never heard of Judeo-Christians before. There are thousand of differing Churches and Creeds, or so I have read before. This always causes me to ask:- Which Church or Creed do you belong to? And please may I ask you this? Which Church or Creed?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That's your opinion, that any LGBT lifestyle is not normal. The question begs: What is normal?

And, it is your assertion that it is normal behavior? I could show you biologically & physiologically how homosexuality & transgenderism, is in fact an aberration, you have made a choice to be homosexual or to deny the sexual assignment that God gave you at birth, the problem is psychological, not biological or physical, it is a choice made on emotion, not logic, reason or fact. You can make your argument that it is not a choice but, to date there is no evidence, other than emotional pleas of course, that homosexuality is a trait that someone is born with.

Eh? My preferred sub-group? This thread is about Gays. If you want to write about any other sub-groups then just make a thread, is my suggestion.

Yes, your preferred sub group, when you speak of violence against any person that in, and of itself is wrong. Just because it is against someone who is practicing abnormal sexual behavior shouldn't make a difference. Do you assert that it is okay to bring violence against people who disagree with your position? Either you believe that people are allowed to have their opinions free of violence or you are not...like I said you are not special.

Human beings are unique, chosen behavior is not.

All Christian Churches think that their Creed is Christian. Many Christians point at the others and claim 'They are not Christians!'
And because of this I know that some Christian Churches will point at yours (whatever it is) and claim 'They are not Christian'.

Really I couldn't give a rip what anyone calls my church, I don't serve a church, nor do I adhere to doctrine that is fashioned by the church. I follow the Bible which has set forth a doctrine for the followers of Christ. If you part from the Bible & it's teachings to follow your own god than your belief set is something that makes you feel good but, it is not Christianity

Yesterday I read on a TOL thread that one member promotes a 'Judeo-Christian' way, or country. I has never heard of Judeo-Christians before. There are thousand of differing Churches and Creeds, or so I have read before. This always causes me to ask:- Which Church or Creed do you belong to? And please may I ask you this? Which Church or Creed?

I belong to the Body of Christ, which is outlined in great detail throughout the New Testament after Christ's death, burial & resurrection. You should read it sometime maybe you will come away with some understanding of what I believe, since you don't seem to understand Christianity, or at least a Biblical view of Christianity anyway, if you did understand it you wouldn't be making an argument that homosexuality is not a sin against God & yourself, the Bible is quite clear on this position.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I apologize, I was a bit testy,

No worries, we all have those days. :thumb:

I am fully aware that you are a mod, not that it makes a difference.

I was saying that because it lends credence to my statement that I know the rules, but that's neither here nor there. :)

I have always hated being directed to a link,

Agreed, with "always" being the key word here.

Since I became a member of TOL a few years ago, I've made an effort to try to provide excerpts of what it is I'm linking to whenever I link to an article or the like, and when excerpts are not provided from other members, to at least make an attempt to skim through the link to find what they're talking about.

I've also learned that most people, including myself, likely won't read it if they suspect it will contradict their own position, and so I try to use that to my advantage, especially when quoting someone I would tend to agree with in a discussion where they're making arguments against someone I would tend to disagree with, such as this thread, because I have also learned that those who agree with me would tend more to read the links than not.

Which basically just means that I considered you to be an ally in this discussion, and knew that eider would likely not want to bother reading through a kgov.com link, so in order to not waste my time copying, pasting, formatting, and linking to a page that my opponent and yours would likely skip through anyways, I simply linked to the articles that are relevant to the discussion and left it at that.

I would rather have a conversation when I come here.

Agreed. :up:

Like I said, I was a bit testy that night and I apologize for that.

I forgive you :)

Now to Eiders comment, I get he is trying to make the "go along & get along" argument, and I am trying to understand what that looks like to him. I personally will legally oppose any furtherance of the LGBTQ agenda on a societal level...and have,

:thumb:

however I do believe when we are dealing with people on a personal level we as Christians need to understand that these people are in a sinful condition, and we have to ask ourselves does Jesus love this person? I would say yes...He loves us all, even when we were yet still sinners, no? It is hard to preach the gospel to someone that feels that you hate them. Just how I see it anyway.

I totally agree. But what probably differs between us is how we preach the gospel. But that's a topic for another thread, I think... :)

Needless to say, at least on this topic, we're on the same side.:cheers:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

What is normal?

The answer is:

[JESUS]But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”[/JESUS] - Mark 10:6-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

That people will give into their lustful behavior is not normal because it's an act of rebellion against God, but is expected by those who love God.

Eh? My preferred sub-group?

Yes, pick whichever one you like, but this thread is about gays, as you clearly are aware of, and which you seem to be defending. If you prefer to talk about another group, we could, in a different thread.

This thread is about Gays. If you want to write about any other sub-groups then just make a thread, is my suggestion.

:think:

Supra.

https://kgov.com/superfluous-list-of...ives-going-gay

As opposed to the Bible which states that homosexuality is an abomination to God, and to HIstory which show that homosexuality has been a crime for the past several thousand years.

That's "normal." What is abnormal is the increasingly public behavior of sexual deviants. Because, as Bob so succinctly put it:

"In the public square, homosexuality and biblical Christianity are mutually exclusive."

Completely irrelevant.

What matters is what the Bible says, which is again, that homosexuality is an abomination to God, and that such behavior should be criminal.

eider

Yes, that addresses your point. Nobody said you're banned from addressing the (alleged) evils of homosexuality, it's just that progressive society has moved away from such close-minded aspersions (ex. analogies comparing homosexual acts to murderous ones.), whilst the opinions of bigots hold less power and prestige than they once held in the past.

This condition, that of bolting extreme or capital offences on to sexual and gender freedom just shows how weak the extremist case is.

eider

Really. They're special little creatures that know better. They've moved on from their Creator, the eternal Creator of the entire vast universe, as a matter of fact, are going to dig a hole and hide, Revelation 6:16. Blah, blah, blah, like Neitzche and Voltaire. God and the Holy Bible are dead. Methinks I'm probably the only one to mention the names Neitzche and Voltaire of late, in any thread? Have you seen their names anywhere, of late, of not so late?

Black is white, bitter is sweet, now it's progressive to be regressive. "If we can't have Marx, give us Bernie! Give us Sodom and Gomorrah!"

Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

What is it, over three thousand years now, since scripture had their number? Progressive? LOL!

Anyway, you rule, Granny!

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

You didn't quote Jesus.
Try just quoting Jesus.
:)

eider

....................................... you have made a choice to be homosexual or to deny the sexual assignment that God gave you at birth,......................
Ha ha! You really are hard up for a case to bring! :D
What a joke.
My first wife died 30 years ago.. My second wife is a real darling.
Your extremism blinds you somewhat.

Yes, your preferred sub group, when you speak of violence against any person.................
No you don't! This thread was chosen (preferred) by one who does nlot support sexual freedom. I chose to p[ost a few comments of my own.
And..... No you don't....... The people rising up to bring justice to those who incite, harass, victimise or hurt sub-groups ion any way is not about violence, it's about justice. You keep the law in the lands that you live in!.

Really I couldn't give a rip what anyone calls my church, I don't serve a church, nor do I adhere to doctrine that is fashioned by the church. I follow the Bible which has set forth a doctrine for the followers of Christ. If you part from the Bible & it's teachings to follow your own god than your belief set is something that makes you feel good but, it is not Christianity
Jehovah's Witness have visited our home for a very long time. They tell us that they also follow the bible. They don't have churches.
Question:- Are you a JW?

I belong to the Body of Christ, which is outlined in great detail throughout the New Testament after Christ's death, burial & resurrection. You should read it sometime maybe you will come away with some understanding of what I believe, since you don't seem to understand Christianity, or at least a Biblical view of Christianity anyway, if you did understand it you wouldn't be making an argument that homosexuality is not a sin against God & yourself, the Bible is quite clear on this position.
I have studied the gospels for many years. I just don't see the gospels as you do.

eider

What is normal?

The answer is:

[JESUS]But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”[/JESUS] - Mark 10:6-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV
Question:- Did Paul Marry?

That people will give into their lustful behavior is not normal because it's an act of rebellion against God, but is expected by those who love God.
People are allowed their opinions, it only becomes a problem if or when people try to force their opinions upon others.
The people are for Justice and Liberty, and democracy is not going far away from the West.

Yes, pick whichever one you like, but this thread is about gays, as you clearly are aware of, and which you seem to be defending. If you prefer to talk about another group, we could, in a different thread.

:think:

Supra.
I already posted that I write about Gays because this thread is about Gays.

As opposed to the Bible which states that homosexuality is an abomination to God, and to HIstory which show that homosexuality has been a crime for the past several thousand years.

That's "normal." What is abnormal is the increasingly public behavior of sexual deviants. Because, as Bob so succinctly put it:

"In the public square, homosexuality and biblical Christianity are mutually exclusive."
Where I live active support for Christianity is falling away. I read that this is happening in America as well.
And the very few who still attend church are very old.
I attend a 'tea and chat' venue about once a week and the average age is well over 65years. This was made evident in striking detail last Friday. I had found/purchased a display case of George VI farthings (1937-1952) in a charity shop and so took it to the venue to hand out. I visited each table, explained my mission and asked if I could give farthings to folks for their birth years. It was fun. The youngest person (of about 50 persons) in the hall was born in 1953 ...... I know, because I asked.

What matters is what the Bible says, which is again, that homosexuality is an abomination to God, and that such behavior should be criminal.
But you have to convince the people about that. A Majority of the people.
The people are not listening in enough numbers.
And the only way that Bob's World could be put in place would be by some kind of takeover, is my opinion. And the writers are closing down on such chances with film scripts such as 'The Handmaid's Tale' which is based upon a religious country lead by a Theocracy or Theonomy.
And so for now and the foreseeable future democracy rules..