If one is "born gay" how do you explain ex-gays?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Just curious.

Well, I think there are real gay people, born gay, and there are some who flirt with the practice.

Real gay people are born gay and can never be ex-gay.

People who flirt with the behavior may do it for a while until they realize it is wrong for them.

Derf

Well, I think there are real gay people, born gay, and there are some who flirt with the practice.

People who flirt with the behavior may do it for a while until they realize it is wrong for them.

"Flirt with the behavior"? "Wrong for them"? How could it be "wrong" for anyone, unless it's somehow "wrong" for everyone?

Can you apply it to transgendered? People who are born as a man in a woman's body, might not really be a man in a woman's body, but she can't find out until she transitions, at which time if he wasn't born a man in woman's body, he will be now be a woman in a man's body. And then he will have to re-transition, because it's not right for him. That's a crock. Worse, that's a trap laid for a person by sinister forces, and any escape from the trap, once entered, leaves emotional scars.

The problem, of course, is that it is all subjective--how someone feels at the time--not the time of birth, but the time she/he starts to feel odd or confused or cheated, perhaps. And the same problem exists with homosexuals. They have to base what they were "born with" on what they "feel" like at the time, and then act on that feeling. Thus, like any lust situation, the person becomes enslaved to his/her own lusts; after giving in to them long enough, the lusts become master.

You're only born gay if you feel gay, I hear you say. And then you're only born gay if you continue to feel gay, I guess you say. So the feelings aren't trustworthy, unless they last until you die, I suppose, in your view. That's helplessness. That's bondage. Jesus Christ is the truth that sets us free from such bondage, by telling us we are created male or female, and that we should act like male and female according to how God made us.

Jesus tells us to master our lusts, homo or hetero, and He gives us help to do so with the power of the Holy Spirit. Just like we are commanded (not suggested or told to trust our feelings about, but commanded) not to lust after another person's spouse, for if we don't master our lust, we are essentially guilty of the sin of adultery, and the longer we continue to let our feelings guide us, the stronger those feelings are against opposing teaching. If the teaching is removed, as most homosexuals and schools and states and psychologists are trying to do, the only thing that is left is the feelings--raw, unopposed lusts.

Babies aren't gay. They just act like babies. When they are old enough, they question the differences, but they can be led astray by unwise parents, unsavory characters, unrighteous friends.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
"Flirt with the behavior"? "Wrong for them"? How could it be "wrong" for anyone, unless it's somehow "wrong" for everyone?

Can you apply it to transgendered? People who are born as a man in a woman's body, might not really be a man in a woman's body, but she can't find out until she transitions, at which time if he wasn't born a man in woman's body, he will be now be a woman in a man's body. And then he will have to re-transition, because it's not right for him. That's a crock. Worse, that's a trap laid for a person by sinister forces, and any escape from the trap, once entered, leaves emotional scars.

The problem, of course, is that it is all subjective--how someone feels at the time--not the time of birth, but the time she/he starts to feel odd or confused or cheated, perhaps. And the same problem exists with homosexuals. They have to base what they were "born with" on what they "feel" like at the time, and then act on that feeling. Thus, like any lust situation, the person becomes enslaved to his/her own lusts; after giving in to them long enough, the lusts become master.

You're only born gay if you feel gay, I hear you say. And then you're only born gay if you continue to feel gay, I guess you say. So the feelings aren't trustworthy, unless they last until you die, I suppose, in your view. That's helplessness. That's bondage. Jesus Christ is the truth that sets us free from such bondage, by telling us we are created male or female, and that we should act like male and female according to how God made us.

Jesus tells us to master our lusts, homo or hetero, and He gives us help to do so with the power of the Holy Spirit. Just like we are commanded (not suggested or told to trust our feelings about, but commanded) not to lust after another person's spouse, for if we don't master our lust, we are essentially guilty of the sin of adultery, and the longer we continue to let our feelings guide us, the stronger those feelings are against opposing teaching. If the teaching is removed, as most homosexuals and schools and states and psychologists are trying to do, the only thing that is left is the feelings--raw, unopposed lusts.

Babies aren't gay. They just act like babies. When they are old enough, they question the differences, but they can be led astray by unwise parents, unsavory characters, unrighteous friends.

You post like you were born DRUNK.

People who suffer from the disorder of same-sex attraction are born that way. They may abstain from the practice but they will always be gay. They could abstain their whole life but they are never "ex-gays".

There are also nutty people who experiment around. They may have gay relationships for a while then stop. I thought I was clear about that.

True homosexuals are born with the disorder and they will never lose that disorder. If they are good Christians they will not engage in the behavior but they will always have the attraction or the urge.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Does this reasoning apply to pedophiles as well? Or just homos?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Insults won't get you very far on TOL.

People who suffer from the disorder

Yes, homosexuality is a disorder. It is not normal. :thumb:

of same-sex attraction are born that way.

Actually, they're not.

Typically, homosexuals become that way through sexual abuse, usually when they are very young, especially when their abuser is another homosexual.

They may abstain from the practice but they will always be gay.

Because you say so?

They could abstain their whole life but they are never "ex-gays".

So, in other words, you're calling the ones who claim to be "ex-gay" liars?

Hey, ok doser, where's that link you posted earlier about the inmates becoming homos while in prison?

There are also nutty people who experiment around. They may have gay relationships for a while then stop. I thought I was clear about that.

If you lie, wouldn't that make you a liar?

In the same way, if you commit homosexual acts, wouldn't that make you a homosexual? And if you molest children, wouldn't that make you a pedophile?

Your argument doesn't hold up to reality, Child.

True homosexuals are born with the disorder

So you're saying it's a genetic disorder?

That's been shown to be false through the study of twins.
ttps://kgov.com/GodReports-mark-ellis

and they will never lose that disorder.

The "ex-gays" disagree.

If they are good Christians they will not engage in the behavior but they will always have the attraction or the urge.

I think you need to read through this...

https://kgov.com/homo

Derf

People who suffer from the disorder of same-sex attraction are born that way. They may abstain from the practice but they will always be gay. They could abstain their whole life but they are never "ex-gays".

True homosexuals are born with the disorder and they will never lose that disorder. If they are good Christians they will not engage in the behavior but they will always have the attraction or the urge.

Wow, I think your strategy is working. Try posting the exact same thing a third time, and maybe you will have convinced me.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Wow, I think your strategy is working. Try posting the exact same thing a third time, and maybe you will have convinced me.

Well, what I am saying is correct. I don't know how else to say it. To, put it more specifically:

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder. That is the bottom line.

AT THE SAME TIME there are strange people who experiment with different lifestyles. I think that is a well know fact.

If you don't accept with those simple facts then I guess we just disagree.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

Does this reasoning apply to pedophiles as well? Or just homos?

The part about the "being born that way" does. Gay people and pedophiles are born with their disorders. Their sexual desires are disordered.

As for the "flirt with the practice" part, I'd say NO.
Pedophiles are a scourge in society and no non-pedophile would ever experiment with such a practice. Gay people though are celebrated in parts of society. I have friends who actually WANT gay friends. So in that case there are weirdos who would experiment with gay sex. But normal people experimenting with pedophile sex? I don't see that happening.

Derf

Well, what I am saying is correct. I don't know how else to say it. To, put it more specifically:

AT THE SAME TIME there are strange people who experiment with different lifestyles. I think that is a well know fact.

Well, what I'm saying is correct. And what you're saying is wrong

(IS NOT)
(IS TOO)
(IS NOT)
(IS TOO)

You want to keep going?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Another expert in "mental disorders" joins the discussion

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, what I'm saying is correct. And what you're saying is wrong

(IS NOT)
(IS TOO)
(IS NOT)
(IS TOO)

You want to keep going?

at least you've managed to avoid the "you're a big stinky poopy-head" ploy that was so popular here in the past :thumb:

one of my favorites from back in the good old days - annabananahead to me:
Yep, you're still a pathetic sack of crap.
and bybee to me:
You are a maggot.

:darwinsm:

Last edited:

God's Truth

No such thing as someone born gay.

The Bible talks about how gay men start talking and acting differently after they start engaging in their perversion.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
every pedophile starts as a "normal" person who decides to experiment with children

I don't believe that.I think they are just like gay people, suffering from a mental disorder.

No such thing as someone born gay.

Wrong. As I keep saying, same sex attraction is a disorder. People are born with it just like are born with all sorts of mental or physical issues.

The Bible talks about

The Bible is not a science book or medical journal. Using it as one is stupid.

God's Truth

I don't believe that.I think they are just like gay people, suffering from a mental disorder.

Wrong. As I keep saying, same sex attraction is a disorder. People are born with it just like are born with all sorts of mental or physical issues.

God is our Creator. He knows us better than scientists.

So nothing is a moral problem only a disorder in the brain?

Did your scientists get the cure for homosexuality and murder, etc?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
God is our Creator

I know that,

He knows us better than scientists

I am sure he does, but he does not use the Bible to express medical science. The Bible was never intended for that.

So nothing is a moral problem only a disorder in the brain

I never said that NOTHING is a moral problem. I said that same sex attraction is a disorder that people are born with.

But earlier in the thread I also said that there are some immoral straight people who flirt with homoseuxal behavior. Those people are the types that you are talking ab out I guess.

Derf

No, it's a higher level than a science book. It's an instruction book that can be used to know how to write a science book. Not using it as such is stupid.

Assuming people are born gay is as stupid as assuming people are born transgender and need to get to the correct gender.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
No, it's a higher level than a science book.

I know exactly what the Bible is.

It's an instruction book that can be used to know how to write a science book

That is not true. It is not an instruction book. It is not even a book. It is a collection of records, poetry and letters, written over the course of thousands of years, by men under the inspiration of God. The various components had and have a wide variety of purposes.

Your characterization of the Bible is a bit, shall I say, childlike, to put it politely.

God's Truth

I know that,

I am sure he does, but he does not use the Bible to express medical science. The Bible was never intended for that.
You went against God who calls what people do as immoral.
God doesn't say they can't help it because it is a mental disorder.
God doesn't go against the mentally disabled.

I never said that NOTHING is a moral problem. I said that same sex attraction is a disorder that people are born with.
You go against God when you say that.
God says they know what they do.

But earlier in the thread I also said that there are some immoral straight people who flirt with homoseuxal behavior. Those people are the types that you are talking ab out I guess.

There might be mentally ill people who do homosexual things, and other sexual perversions, but that does not mean the act is a mental illness.