If one is "born gay" how do you explain ex-gays?

God's Truth

You take the words 'same sex relationships' and turn it in to homosexuality.

Allow to repeat myself that same sex relationships' are about love and not perversion. Christians are told to obey the laws of the lands which they live in, aren't they?

Too many people in the world interfere in the freedom and lives of others, sometimes even with terrorism, and terrorism is an evil which must be stood up against, trodden down and defeated. Many Christians would agree with me I think.

Same gender sex is perversion. You don't have to have sex with people just because you love them. A man can love his male friends, but they don't have to have sex with each other. Same for a woman. That is perversion to do so.

God's Truth

Sex isn't love. It is false to say that sexual intercourse is 'making love'.

There are women everywhere and teenager girls having sex with boys, and even with girls to feel loved. What a shame that they have fallen for the lie that having sex is making love.

Sex is between a committed/married couple of the opposite gender. A husband pleases his wife, and wife please her husband. That is from God who tells us what is right and wrong. He made us and knows us.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1 Corinthians 7:4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Derf

You take the words 'same sex relationships' and turn it in to homosexuality.

Allow to repeat myself that same sex relationships' are about love and not perversion.
Is this a crack in the facade? You're admitting that "homosexuality" is a perversion? That's significant progress, something not usually seen in these forums. Now please explain how "same sex relationships" are not homosexual?
This from merriam-webster.com:

Definition of homosexuality. 1 : sexual attraction or the tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex : the quality or state of being homosexual. 2 : sexual activity with another of the same sex.

If you're referring to something that does not include sexual activity between members of the same sex (barring rape and child molestation kind of things), then Christians are all for it! We believe in, even if we don't perfectly practice, brotherly love.

But as soon as you connect it to sexual activity, it becomes a perversion--an abomination to God.

The worst perversions are always twisted from the best parts of God's design--marriage perverted to same-sex activity, priests and pastors preying on children, new life in the womb killed by the mother or father designed to love and nurture the child, and brotherly love turned into homosexual activity.

God's Truth

Is this a crack in the facade? You're admitting that "homosexuality" is a perversion? That's significant progress, something not usually seen in these forums. Now please explain how "same sex relationships" are not homosexual?

Definition of homosexuality. 1 : sexual attraction or the tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex : the quality or state of being homosexual. 2 : sexual activity with another of the same sex.

If you're referring to something that does not include sexual activity between members of the same sex (barring rape and child molestation kind of things), then Christians are all for it! We believe in, even if we don't perfectly practice, brotherly love.

But as soon as you connect it to sexual activity, it becomes a perversion--an abomination to God.

The worst perversions are always twisted from the best parts of God's design--marriage perverted to same-sex activity, priests and pastors preying on children, new life in the womb killed by the mother or father designed to love and nurture the child, and brotherly love turned into homosexual activity.

That is an excellent description of perversion.

genuineoriginal

Meant to come back to this - artie often argues that heterosexuals cannot "somehow train themselves to become attracted to the same gender" - he's been doing it for years and years, even after being shown (repeatedly) definitive, well documented studies from his government showing that heterosexuals can and do.

As I recall, the studies looked at the sexual behavior of men who identified as heterosexual before being incarcerated and who identified as heterosexual after being incarcerated and found that some 20% engaged in reciprocal, consensual, sexually satisfying homosexual behavior while incarcerated.

And yet, years later, artie still ignores this proof and ridicules the (proven) idea.

a fun thread where he got his (hat) handed to him on a platter :chuckle:

https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...rself-to-enjoy

I thought for a second that you were referring to single-sex British boarding schools, not prison.

genuineoriginal

Nobody makes a conscious choice as to their sexual orientation and given the contempt that society harbors toward gays, why would anyone deliberately adopt that life style if there was an alternative?
It is not true that "nobody makes a conscious choice as to their sexual orientation", even if it is true that most people do not make a conscious choice.
Of course, most people are not attracted to people of the same gender.

genuineoriginal

what rationale do you have for denying the pedophile and his/her love child their consensual, non-harmful relationship?

We are told that a person a week short of their 18th birthday lacks the mental capacity to consent to sex, but that all changes magically seven days later.
Just like a person 20 years and 11-1/2 months old lacks the mental capacity to choose to smoke or choose to drink alcohol, but will magically gain that mental capacity half a month later.

genuineoriginal

As recently as 1996, indigenous Canadian children were forcibly sent to residential schools so they could be beaten, tortured and raped, their identity as indigenous peoples beaten out of them.

As recently as 2020, American children were forcibly sent to public schools so they could be beaten, tortured, and sexually assaulted.

Home school is much safer and provides a better education.

Derf

As recently as 2020, American children were forcibly sent to public schools so they could be beaten, tortured, and sexually assaulted.

Home school is much safer and provides a better education.

Don't forget shot at, bullied, have their gender obfuscated and confused, and to roll on the floor with drag queens! How are you going to get hired for public school PR if you can't even list all the benefits?

God's Truth

The Ancient Greek language had five different words for love: agápe, éros, philía, philautia, storgē, and xenia
Modern English has put those five concepts into a blender and call each one "love", causing confusion whenever anyone uses the word "love".

Sex isn't love, and we only need one word for love.

genuineoriginal

Sex isn't love, and we only need one word for love.
Sorry, but you are about 400 years too late to change things.

Love is agápe, the selfless acts of love when a person gives of their own possessions to help others
Love is éros, the sexual passion that fills a person with desire.
Love is philía, the loyalty one shows to family, friends, and community
Love is storgē, the affection that parents have for their children and the empathy we have for each other
Love is xenia, the way we welcome people with hospitality from other places as they visit

When someone says they want to marry for love, they really mean they have an éros/lust for another person and want to spend time satisfying that lust.

God's Truth

Sorry, but you are about 400 years too late to change things.
You just don't understand the scriptures if you think I am trying to change something.
Love is agápe, the selfless acts of love when a person gives of their own possessions to help others
Love is éros, the sexual passion that fills a person with desire.
Love is philía, the loyalty one shows to family, friends, and community
Love is storgē, the affection that parents have for their children and the empathy we have for each other
Love is xenia, the way we welcome people with hospitality from other places as they visit

When someone says they want to marry for love, they really mean they have an éros/lust for another person and want to spend time satisfying that lust.

You think that proves you need more than one word for love?

eider

It's just that you alter my words, is all.
But 'No'......
I don't think that Jesus said anything about same-sex partnerships, and maybe that's why some Scottish and English churches will recognise same-sex partnerships. And they ordain gays. They also Ordain female Priests.
Now you can call other Churches what you like, I suppose, but many many Christians are now saying that they are beyond Mosaic Laws, and that Jesus called out two essential ones, more important than any others. Both laws were all about 'Love'.
A Christian promoting 'Love' could probably win more converts than one promoting 'Hate', I guess. Which is the true Christian?

eider

I don't think transexuality is a word, I think it is transgenderism?

I'm no expert but both words probably have distinct definitions.

For instance, I don't think that a transvestite is a transgenderist....?

Hmmm........ look, you could be right, but folks do seem to recognise both words. :)

Derf

It's just that you alter my words, is all.
But 'No'......
I don't think that Jesus said anything about same-sex partnerships, and maybe that's why some Scottish and English churches will recognise same-sex partnerships. And they ordain gays. They also Ordain female Priests.
Now you can call other Churches what you like, I suppose, but many many Christians are now saying that they are beyond Mosaic Laws, and that Jesus called out two essential ones, more important than any others. Both laws were all about 'Love'.
A Christian promoting 'Love' could probably win more converts than one promoting 'Hate', I guess. Which is the true Christian?

Converts to what?if there's no change, how is it a conversion?