Oh the Irony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

Two homeless mothers in Oakland, California who were occupying a vacant residence owned by a development company were evicted

In other words, they didn't own the house they were living in, nor had any right to be in it.

Daft indeed...

They're a couple of husband-less bums who think they can get away with trespassing and theft.

What they each need is a good husband who can provide for them, OR to find a better paying job (or another job) and start working to provide for themselves so that they can afford a place to live.
    Duly noted.

Seems you missed the gentrification aspect of the article because you were simply too busy passing judgment upon them....meaning, you see what you want to see and superficially gloss over the gist.

Typical and convenient conservative blind-spotting.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

He can't understand why a company wouldn't want two women living in a home they own the rights to.
      Yes, because the pecuniary motive for gentrification escapes me!

Boy, you're insightful.
      _/\_

Comment

Originally posted by quip View Post

[B]The women, who are members of the Moms 4 Housing activist collective, moved into the house in November after not being able to find an affordable place to live in Oakland.
        ya know, I probably wouldn't be able to find an affordable place to live in Manhattan, either. Or London or Paris or Berlin.

If I moved to Manhattan or London or Paris or Berlin, I could claim to be "homeless" as well, which would, apparently, allow me to break the law

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

ya know, I probably wouldn't be able to find an affordable place to live in Manhattan, either. Or London or Paris or Berlin.

If I moved to Manhattan or London or Paris or Berlin, I could claim to be "homeless" as well, which would, apparently, allow me to break the law
          It would?
          _/\_

Comment

Duly noted.

Seems you missed the gentrification aspect of the article because you were simply too busy passing judgment upon them....meaning, you see what you want to see and superficially gloss over the gist.

Typical and convenient conservative blind-spotting.
            Seems you missed the point of this thread, which was pointing out the irony of women who bemoan the fact that some people own homes while others do not being kicked out of homes that they themselves did not own.

Gentrification has nothing to do with this thread.
            Last edited by JudgeRightly; January 17th, 2020, 04:07 AM.

Comment

It would?
              "Daft"

Comment

The women, who are members of the Moms 4 Housing activist collective, moved into the house in November after not being able to find an affordable place to live in Oakland.

On Monday, Moms 4 Housing held a rally outside the home, drawing hundreds who came out to support the women in protesting the gentrification of Oakland, and make clear they consider housing to be a human right.​​​​​​

You daft?
                You are for sure. If a person can't afford a house in the city they live then they are supposed to move out of the city. It is what I had to do. You don't overtake property.
                Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

“There are four times as many empty homes in Oakland as there are homeless people,” Karim said at a press conference outside the home in November. “Why should anyone, especially children, sleep on the street while perfectly good homes sit empty?”
                  Go to a homeless shelter. Move out of that city.

Comment

By the way, housing is not a human right. To purchase and own property is a right. The houses were purchased and owned by the renovation company. And as such, bums like these women do not have the right to trespass, let alone live, in those homes.

If they want to be able to afford a home, they need to work for it.
                    Isn't it true that according to you, the basic essentials for survival aren't rights either, like food, water and any sort of shelter? Oh, and education etc? Shame for any kids caught up in such eh? But hey, never mind right?

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

Isn't it true that according to you, the basic essentials for survival aren't rights either, like food, water and any sort of shelter? Oh, and education etc? Shame for any kids caught up in such eh? But hey, never mind right?

The article says they were placed in a home legally.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

You are for sure. If a person can't afford a house in the city they live then they are supposed to move out of the city. It is what I had to do. You don't overtake property.
                        You do during such a protest.....and usually get arrested, as they did.
                        _/\_

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

Go to a homeless shelter. Move out of that city.
                          Yes. Or protest.
                          _/\_

Comment

It is wrong no matter how many ways you try to spin it.

Comment

Yes. Or protest.
                              Protest for someone getting removed from a house they aren't legally entitled to be in?

Comment

The way something looks is not a valid reason to trespass.

If you know a crime is about to be committed, to stop someone from being harmed in the commission of that crime you would need to trespass, THAT is a valid reason to trespass.

Comment

Working...
                                X