AMR No Longer With Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idolater View Post
    How about I don't recall asking your opinion about how to post on TOL.
    No one asks for anyone's opinion about how to post on TOL. It never stops anyone from doing it anyway.

I think AMR found that amusing, for the most part. And then a lot of it got old for him.

My post was about him, manifestly. I used a catch phrase of his, and one of his two vaunted smilies.
    I get it. Just an initial reaction because of the "me" part. Like showing up to a wake to tell people you weren't friends...but I can see now that there was regard in your intent.

I'm just a little touchy when it comes to Patrick. He and red/AB were my first friends here and he went out of his way, repeatedly, to offer me aid and comfort, guidance, and the occasional OK. Forget I said anything about it.

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
    Would it possible for someone to post a local obituary of Patrick? I never knew AMR's real name until I read it in this thread. I'd like to know more about Patrick and his life.
    On obituaries, I haven't been able to find more than the cursory funeral home bit. I'm not sure if there was a local paper in his Arizona community, but I'm looking.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Would it possible for someone to post a local obituary of Patrick? I never knew AMR's real name until I read it in this thread. I'd like to know more about Patrick and his life.
      Patrick who?
      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
        Patrick who?
        AMR
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
          AMR
          Thanks
          I didn't know that
          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            Patrick who?
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:IsoQuantic

[MENTION=2451]The Berean[/MENTION]
            Last edited by ok doser; August 30th, 2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
              No one asks for anyone's opinion about how to post on TOL. It never stops anyone from doing it anyway.

I think AMR found that amusing, for the most part. And then a lot of it got old for him.

I get it. Just an initial reaction because of the "me" part. Like showing up to a wake to tell people you weren't friends...but I can see now that there was regard in your intent.

I'm just a little touchy when it comes to Patrick. He and red/AB were my first friends here and he went out of his way, repeatedly, to offer me aid and comfort, guidance, and the occasional OK. Forget I said anything about it.
              I'm sorry. I hope that you now see that I did nothing but honor him in my post. I can't apologize for not doing anything wrong, but I am sorry that it seemed disrespectful to you. I respected AMR even while disagreeing with him, and if I could converse him now I know exactly the argument tack that I'd take with him, and given his current situation it'd go a lot like, "Told you so." That's a joke, that's inside in as much as he was Excatholic, and I argued with him that his Anticatholicism was incorrect---and now he knows.

He had strong mentor relationships with many on TOL, which I couldn't ever partake in because I disagreed with his theology, having been down the same theological road as him before, spying the hard cases, realizing all those were solved /didn't exist in Catholicism, and wondering what kept him from seeing the same thing, especially him being Excatholic, and a studied one at that (a Jesuit). I think he handled them reasonably, from what I saw publicly.
              ...On obituaries, I haven't been able to find more than the cursory funeral home bit. I'm not sure if there was a local paper in his Arizona community, but I'm looking.
              He's still alive, conscious right now, and if he's been purified /purged he can read these posts I'm sure, even watch us as we type them. If Catholicism's correct. Which I believe it is, and I know that he does now too. We have eternity to catch up with him, an eternity with every other Christian, each. There's no such thing as a "head start" in eternity.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend /mentor. I know that he is in a better place. My faith has all the saints cheering us on, rooting for us, for all of us sheep as we do our best to follow our Shepherd. He is right now cheering you on, it's possible, if he's refined to purest gold by now, but assuredly every saint in heaven is definitely cheering us all on right now. We're on the 'big screen.' This is what it's all about.
              "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:IsoQuantic

[MENTION=2451]The Berean[/MENTION]
                Wow! Patrick was such a learned and accomplished man. I'm sad I never got to know him on a more personal level. When he found out I was a mechanical engineer he exclaimed, "Oh so you are a metal bender?!" That made me laugh all the time.
                Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Wow! Patrick was such a learned and accomplished man. I'm sad I never got to know him on a more personal level. When he found out I was a mechanical engineer he exclaimed, "Oh so you are a metal bender?!" That made me laugh all the time.
                  It's not like we won't see him again...

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    It's not like we won't see him again...
                    Well, not any time soon, God willing. But one of the things I don't mind about getting older is the company I have to anticipate at the end of the journey, to be sure.
                    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Thank you for this.
                      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                        Actually his doctorate was earned in engineering . .
                        He may have told me that, I forgot. Do miss him!
                        So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Well, not any time soon, God willing. But one of the things I don't mind about getting older is the company I have to anticipate at the end of the journey, to be sure.
                          No worries there 1 John 3:2 I look forward to our reunion Philippians 1:23
                          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Wow, I did not know that he passed away until now. He was a great guy.
                            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Working...
                            X