No announcement yet.

The UFO phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmdr. David Fravor was a guess on Joe Rogan's excellent podcast yesterday to discusse the 2004 Nimitz UFO incident, of which he was an eyewitness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco2s3-0zsQ
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; February 17th, 2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

3 reasons to investigate the US Navy UFO incidents -- The Hill

U.S. Navy Commander David Fravor and his colleagues are particularly compelling witnesses to an as-yet unexplained incident that occurred off the coast of Southern California in 2004.

As CDR Fravor recalls, he, his weapon systems officer and another two-seat F/A-18F Super Hornet were flying a routine training mission on a calm, clear November day. But their exercise is suddenly canceled and their two-ship formation instructed to divert on a “real-world vector.” Unknown to Fravor and his fellow officers, a nearby ship, the USS Princeton, has spent weeks tracking numerous radar contacts moving in ways that defy explanation.

For the first time, fast-moving fighter aircraft are aloft when the Princeton’s hyper-sensitive radar array picks up the peculiar contacts. CDR Fravor’s Super Hornet and the jet accompanying them are tasked with taking a closer look.

What happens next is best described only by CDR Fravor and one of the weapon systems officers flying that day. In short, Fravor was “weirded out” by an object – with no visible propulsion system or wings – that accelerated, decelerated and, ultimately, disappeared from view at extreme speed, “like nothing [he had] ever seen.”

In Fravor’s account, the USS Princeton’s radar reacquired the object 30 seconds later – 60 miles away. If accurate, this implies a velocity roughly six times that of the top speed of Fravor’s super-fast Super Hornet.

Later that day, thanks to a combination of luck and targeting skill, a follow-up flight managed to capture the object on video. Perhaps most importantly, they are corroborated by radar, infrared and optical data.

A series of similar events occurred 11 years later. Naval aircrews operating off the U.S. East Coast reported contacts with objects conducting extreme maneuvers that defied any known (or remotely conceivable) technological capabilities. Like the 2004 incident, their accounts are reinforced by sophisticated multi-source sensor data.

The Pentagon has confirmed that videos of the 2004 and 2014-2015 incidents are genuine, ultimately drawing scrutiny from Congress.

This raises the possibility that these pilots witnessed technology well beyond the grasp or bounds of science. If these accounts are accurate – and sophisticated sensor data indicate that they may be – the capabilities exhibited by these objects represent an astonishing leap forward from the technological status quo.

As such, a compelling case can be made to invest in fully investigating these phenomena. As CDR Fravor aptly notes, thoroughly (and efficiently) studying such events would amount to less than a rounding error in the Pentagon’s staggering $738 billion budget. The return on investment could be significant, for a few key reasons.

First, the national security implications of getting to the bottom of these incidents are beyond obvious. In addition to posing a serious collision risk, determining the nature of the objects – whether benign, easily-explainable phenomena or potentially threatening – is of critical importance. Indeed, by some accounts, such incidents are occurring with increased frequency.

Moreover, advanced, physics-challenging technology would be the Holy Grail for any nation. Given the anti-democratic and authoritarian inclinations of some major world powers, it is imperative that such capabilities fall into the “right” (i.e., democratic) hands.

Among other possibilities, a civilian-led quick reaction force could be established to rapidly assess such incidents, some of which occurred over several days.

Second, without venturing into the “debate” about the causes of global warming, there can be no doubt that earth’s climate is undergoing tremendous change. The Midwest witnessed multiple “500-year” floods in the span of a few years; powerful hurricanes fueled by warmer waters have battered the eastern seaboard; unprecedented wildfires have devastated the West Coast. Businesses expect to lose $1 trillion due to climate change in coming years, of which the last five were the hottest ever recorded.

With researchers examining how clouds can be manipulated to combat climate change, the remote possibility of acquiring technology that allows for indefinite flight time at extreme speeds deserves particularly close scrutiny.

Third, CDR Fravor argues that if he and the Navy’s sophisticated sensors observed the same phenomenon, there is a good chance that the technology he witnessed could move effortlessly through water, air and space at extraordinary speeds. In the event that such capability exists, mere knowledge thereof should prompt a fundamental shift away from humanity’s baser priorities in favor of loftier, nobler objectives.

Perhaps most importantly, as one of the Navy fighter pilots who reported a close encounter notes, mankind is driven by curiosity. Throughout history the human inclination to explore the unknown has precipitated monumental advances in a short span of time. Given the slim chance that what CDR Fravor, his colleagues and their sensors observed reflects bona fide technical capabilities, a well-funded and efficiently managed public investigation is not only warranted, it should be prioritized.

Comment

Here is a link to a 270 page paper doing an extensive scientific analysis of every data point that the team could get their hands on in the public domain. Here is another paper, this time from Dr.Kevin Knuth, former NASA research scientist and currently a professor of physics. It is peer reviewed and analyzes a handful of UAP cases, with the Tic-Tac being one of them. Both papers are chock filled with mathematical models that attempt to calculate and infer the g forces and velocities the Tic Tac was able to reach during its interaction with Fravor and his team. This is where things get interesting. According to Kevin Day, he said he tracked the Tic-Tac commander Fravor intercepted go from 28,000 feet to sea-level in approximately 0.8 seconds. This means the Tic-Tac was capable of achieving a velocity of at least 23,864 mph, which is 31 times the speed of sound. The maximum speed of the commander’s F-18 is 1,190 mph. This means the Tic-Tac is 20 times faster than the F-18 (23864mph/1190mph = 20).

Source: https://medium.com/@deep_1645/the-vi...8-6d2ea3a30cd2

Comment

http://media2.kgov.com/audio/2019092...pm87_CtBOYaxbA

Comment

Physicist Michio Kaku says the evidence for UFOs is overwhelming:

Comment

Of course UFO's exist. People see unidentified flying objects all the time. But this doesn't mean these UFO's are of extraterrestrial origin. No one has yet to prove that.
              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
              . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post
                I've been looking into the evidence for UFOs lately and I have to say that the quality and quantity of evidence for their existence is very compelling. For example, the military has had extensive interaction with UFOs for decades. Recently, classified information has been made available.
                What are we to think of the UFO topic?
                Great Thread!

I have an older discussion thread on 'The Disclosure Project'
                here :-) I also many years back had a thread dealing with just the spiritual teachings from UFO contacts/contactees entitled 'ET Theology' if I recall. Wonderful and amazing stuff, - the evidence is out there and accessible in this field. Now as to whether these objects or beings are inter-dimensional or extra-terrestial in origin is another question but we are not alone here on earth, and its likely there are millions of other inhabited worlds in the cosmos, we are not the only planet in the multi-verse or within infinity, unless you would be so narrow minded to assume such.

Keep on keepin on! :-)

---------------------o

sigpic

Our Real Nature
                freelight's cosmic cafe
                Free-light-Express

~*~*~
                Resource Nexus l Theosophical Studies l Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom l Sanatana Dharma lAdidaml Facebook l Thread Catalog & History

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post
                  Physicist Michio Kaku says the evidence for UFOs is overwhelming:
                  That guy believes a lot of crazy things.... so his endorsement means .... nothing!
                  Last edited by Right Divider; January 27th, 2020, 09:20 AM.
                  All of my ancestors are human.
                  Originally posted by Squeaky
                  That explains why your an idiot.
                  Originally posted by God's Truth
                  Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                  Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

The February edition of Smithsonian's Air & Space magazine proclaims 2019 “The Year of UFOs.”

https://www.airspacemag.com/space/year-ufos-180973965/
                    Last edited by User Name; January 27th, 2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Pentagon and MoD officials feared UFOs were either “demonic” or sent by God, former investigators reveal

UFO investigations carried out by the Pentagon and British Ministry of Defence were hampered by the religious beliefs of senior staff, former employees have revealed.

Two men who worked on secret UFO programs on both sides of the Atlantic said their work received ‘pushback’ from high-ranking officials who feared fast-moving objects glimpsed in our skies were either ‘demonic’ or divine.

Luis Elizondo, who headed up the US Defense Intelligence Agency’s secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), spoke out about his work in a New York Times article last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                        Of course UFO's exist. People see unidentified flying objects all the time. But this doesn't mean these UFO's are of extraterrestrial origin. No one has yet to prove that.
                        "Ryan Graves is an aerospace engineer when he's not a pilot. So when Ryan's telling you that there is something up there that he doesn't know how it works, and it is not one of our aircraft, you need to listen." --Luis Elizondo

Comment

• Originally posted by User Name View Post
                          I've been looking into the evidence for UFOs lately and I have to say that the quality and quantity of evidence for their existence is very compelling.
                          LOL! UFO's are a hoax that only dummies believe in

Comment

• Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

LOL! UFO's are a hoax that only dummies believe in

EDIT: Alien UFO's are a hoax that only dummies believe in

Comment

• I think the Germans invented the flying saucer technology back during WW2.

See
                              WARNING: Graphic video here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                                I think the Germans invented the flying saucer technology back during WW2.
                                Many WWII pilots on both the Allied and Axis sides saw mysterious objects trailing their aircraft. They were called "foo fighters" at the time. The Allies thought the unknown craft belonged to the Nazis, and the Nazis thought they belonged to the Allies. Neither side knew who they were. The truth is, they didn't belong to either side (Joshua 5:13-14).

Comment

Working...
                                X