Where do caterpillars come from?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
according to this, used to be Peoria

now they come from over the world:
Caterpillar products and components are manufactured in 110 facilities worldwide. 51 plants are located in the United States and 59 overseas plants are located in Australia (until 2015), Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India (Chennai), Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.

Caterpillar's historical manufacturing home is in Peoria, Illinois

Caterpillar-988K-XE-wheel-loader-2-825x474.jpeg

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A caterpillar becomes a butterfly after spinning a cocoon. But where does the caterpillar come from?

john w

Hall of Fame
according to this, used to be Peoria

now they come from over the world:
Caterpillar products and components are manufactured in 110 facilities worldwide. 51 plants are located in the United States and 59 overseas plants are located in Australia (until 2015), Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India (Chennai), Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.

Caterpillar's historical manufacturing home is in Peoria, Illinois

Caterpillar-988K-XE-wheel-loader-2-825x474.jpeg
Ticker symbol, "CAT."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Are they butterflies that you do not see, or were they there a long time ago (last year)?

had to look this one up - the short answer is - it depends on what kind of butterfly you're talking about

monarchs, for example, migrate south

for others:

Most butterflies that live in cold climates spend the winter as caterpillars, while almost as many spend the winter as pupas. A few species, mainly tortoiseshells (Nymphalis) and anglewings (Polygonia), spend the winter as adults, hibernating in holes in trees, in crevices in man-made structures, or in other shelters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
had to look this one up - the short answer is - it depends on what kind of butterfly you're talking about

monarchs, for example, migrate south

for others:

Most butterflies that live in cold climates spend the winter as caterpillars, while almost as many spend the winter as pupas. A few species, mainly tortoiseshells (Nymphalis) and anglewings (Polygonia), spend the winter as adults, hibernating in holes in trees, in crevices in man-made structures, or in other shelters.

Oh!

Rosenritter

Just out of curiosity, where do caterpillars come from?

I am curious as to why you would ask this question on a Theology board rather than simply using Google. "Where do butterflies come from" returns a page of results, even displaying on the results page:

Where Do Butterflies Come From? Like so many other living creatures on Earth, the butterfly's life begins as an egg. Different species of butterflies lay different amounts of eggs. The eggs are tiny, only one to two millimeters, and are laid on a leaf of the host plant.Jan 9, 2012

https://www.google.com/search?q=whe.....69i57j0l5.2879j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am curious as to why you would ask this question on a Theology board rather than simply using Google. "Where do butterflies come from" returns a page of results, even displaying on the results page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=whe.....69i57j0l5.2879j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you. Yes, caterpillars are a part of God's Creation. I realize that this is a Theology Forum. I had a question, so I asked. I knew to put it in the and the rest forum, but your idea to search Google myself is welcome, even potentially paradigm shifting.

I wonder if the eggs are fertilized or if they simply bear caterpillars.

drbrumley

do you like movies about gladiators, billy?

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers!
Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Oveur: Nah, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Murdock: [shows his nametag] But just remember, my name is Roger Murdock. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try, except during the playoffs.
Murdock: The hell I don't! [looks around to make sure no one is watching and grabs Joey by the shirt up close] Listen, kid. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.