Quotations of the day

FineLinen

Gratitude=

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." G.K. Chesterton

"At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer

FineLinen

"The true way to be humble is not to stoop till you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is. -Phillips Brooks-

FineLinen

"If any man thinks ill of you, do not be angry with him; for you are worse than he thinks you to be." - C.H. Spurgeon

FineLinen

"Life is not a test, so God can discover what we would do. Life is a test, so we would discover what God does do." -Peter Hiett

FineLinen

"Who is the human being so bold as to say what limit will be put upon Christ's plenitude in the universe? He who is the Divine Compendium of the universe is not likely to leave unfilled anything or anyone who needs Him." -Alexander Thompson-

FineLinen

"God bestows His blessings without discrimination. The followers of Jesus are children of God, and they should manifest the family likeness by doing good to all, even to those who deserve the opposite." -F. F. Bruce-

FineLinen

Inspirational story= GOD

"So whatever is going to happen is going to be good. If we survive, good; if we don’t survive, good ,because everything is in His hands and He cannot do anything wrong."

Moral=

Develop Trust. This is the trust which one needs to imbibe. and which is capable of transforming your whole life. Any less won’t do!

FineLinen

“Whenever I allow anything but tenderness and compassion to dictate my response to life--be it self-righteous anger, moralizing, defensiveness, the pressing need to change others...I am alienated from my true self. My identity as Abba's child [a child of God] becomes ambiguous, tentative and confused”

― Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out

chair

“The gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is so important to shoot missionaries on sight.”

― Terry Pratchett, Eric

FineLinen

“I could more easily contain Niagara Falls in a tea cup than I can comprehend the wild, uncontainable love of God.” - Brennan Manning-

FineLinen

""I never preached at a church where more than 10% favored me, nor more than 10% opposed me. Neither of those two groups bothered me. It was the 80% sitting around watching who might win that bothered me the most."

-H. E. Coker- (Professor of the New Testament)

FineLinen

“The Reformation was a time when men went blind, staggering drunk because they had discovered, in the dusty basement of late medievalism, a whole cellar full of fifteen-hundred-year-old, two-hundred proof Grace–bottle after bottle of pure distilate of Scripture, one sip of which would convince anyone that God saves us single-handedly. The word of the Gospel–after all those centuries of trying to lift yourself into heaven by worrying about the perfection of your bootstraps–suddenly turned out to be a flat announcement that the saved were home before they started…Grace has to be drunk straight: no water, no ice, and certainly no ginger ale; neither goodness, nor badness, not the flowers that bloom in the spring of super spirituality could be allowed to enter into the case.” - Robert Farrar Capon-

FineLinen

“God is not a celestial prison warden jangling the keys on a bunch of lifers--he's a shepherd seeking for sheep, a woman searching for coins, a father waiting for his son.” - Clarence Jordan-

FineLinen

"Money is in some respects life's fire: it is a very excellent servant, but a terrible master." -P. T. Barnum-

" When I was from ten to fourteen years of age, I attended prayer meetings...I would return to my home and with the utmost sincerity ask God to take me out of the world if He would only save me from hell. I professed to love God, Said I hoped I loved Him as I heard my elders do.... my love must have been similar to the love a woman would feel to a tyrant who with a loaded pistol pointed at her heart bade her love him or die. I grew to know that true love cannot be forced. We cannot love the unlovely. "We love Him because He first loved us." -P.T. Barnum-

FineLinen

"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

FineLinen

"Little self-denials, little honesties, little passing words of sympathy, little nameless acts of kindness, little silent victories over favorite temptations-these are the silent threads of gold which, when woven together, gleam out so brightly in the pattern of life that God approves." -Frederic Farrar-

FineLinen

"The great majority of the Christian world is still weeping at the foot of the cross. The consciousness of man is fixed on the Christ Who died, not the Christ Who LIVES. They are looking back to the Redeemer Who was, not the redeemer who IS." -John G. Lake-

FineLinen

"Do you know what prayer is? It is not begging God for this and that. The first thing we have to do is to get you beggars to quit begging until a little faith moves in your souls." -John G. Lake-

FineLinen

“Trust him. And when you have done that, you are living the life of grace. No matter what happens to you in the course of that trusting - no matter how many waverings you may have, no matter how many suspicions that you have bought a poke with no pig in it, no matter how much heaviness and sadness your lapses, vices, indispositions, and bratty whining may cause you - you believe simply that Somebody Else, by his death and resurrection, has made it all right, and you just say thank you and shut up. The whole slop-closet full of mildewed performances (which is all you have to offer) is simply your death; it is Jesus who is your life. If he refused to condemn you because your works were rotten, he certainly isn't going to flunk you because your faith isn't so hot. You can fail utterly, therefore, and still live the life of grace. You can fold up spiritually, morally, or intellectually and still be safe. Because at the very worst, all you can be is dead - and for him who is the Resurrection and the Life, that just makes you his cup of tea.” -R.F. Capon-

FineLinen

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."

-John Wesley-