No announcement yet.

Christian Quotation Of The Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "God is not seeking a display of my Christ-likeness , but a manifestation of His Christ." -Watchman Nee-

Comment

• "God has foreordained the works to which He has called you. He has been ahead of you preparing the place to which you are coming and manipulating all the resources of the universe in order that the work you do may be a part of His whole great and gracious work." -G. Campbell Morgan-

Comment

• "There is nothing impossible with God. All the impossibility is with us when we measure God by the limitations of our unbelief." -Smith Wigglesworth-

Comment

• "I will carry you forward by My Breath into the many dwelling places of My House."

Comment

• “Jesus's resurrection is the beginning of God's new project not to snatch people away from earth to heaven but to colonize earth with the life of heaven. That, after all, is what the Lord's Prayer is about.” - N.T. Wright-

Comment

• "Our task as image-bearing, God-loving, Christ-shaped, Spirit-filled Christians, following Christ and shaping our world, is to announce redemption to a world that has discovered its fallenness, to announce healing to a world that has discovered its brokenness, to proclaim love and trust to a world that knows only exploitation, fear and suspicion" -N.T. Wright-

Comment

• “Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.” -Oswald Chambers-

Comment

• “The time for universal praise is sure to come some day. Let us begin to do our part now.” -Hannah W. Smith-

Comment

• "When we begin to glimpse the reality of God, the natural reaction is to worship him. Not to have that reaction is a fairly sure sign that we haven't yet really understood who he is or what he's done." -N. T. Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by FineLinen View Post
                      "Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will." -Robert Farrar Capon-
                      Unfortunately, Mr. Capon does not seem to have a clue about what he speaks of.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
                          Unfortunately, Mr. Capon does not seem to have a clue about what he speaks of.
                          I found this quote attributed to him: "I am and I am not a universalist."

If he really did say that, that's all I need to know about him.
                          All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                              I found this quote attributed to him: "I am and I am not a universalist."

If he really did say that, that's all I need to know about him.
                              “I am and I am not a universalist.

“I am one if you are talking about what God in Christ has done to save the world. The Lamb of God has not taken away the sins of some — of only the good, or the cooperative, or the select few who can manage to get their act together and die as perfect peaches. He has taken away the sins of the world — of every last being in it — and he has dropped them down the black hole of Jesus’ death. On the cross, he has shut up forever on the subject of guilt: ‘There is therefore now no condemnation. . . .’ All human beings, at all times and places, are home free whether they know it or not, feel it or not, believe it or not.

“But I am not a universalist if you are talking about what people may do about accepting that happy-go-lucky gift of God’s grace. I take with utter seriousness everything that Jesus had to say about hell, including the eternal torment that such a foolish non-acceptance of his already-given acceptance must entail. All theologians who hold Scripture to be the Word of God must inevitably include in their work a tractate on hell. But I will not — because Jesus did not — locate hell outside the realm of grace. Grace is forever sovereign, even in Jesus’ parables of judgment. No one is ever kicked out at the end of those parables who wasn’t included in at the beginning.”

– Robert Farrar Capon, Between Noon and Three: Romance, Law, and the Outrage of Grace

Comment

• “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”-- Roy T. Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X