Embracing the Real Halloween: All Hallows Eve

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
QUOTE:

"Halloween, the Evening of All Hallows, was once a time for Christians to mock the devil by reveling in the triumph of Jesus Christ over evil and death. That sound you now hear every October 31 is the devil mocking us. It seems some Christians, displaying a Grinch-ish dislike of the simple joys of dress-up and candy consumption, have literally demonized the traditional observation of Halloween as pagan—and worse............."

SOURCE LINK

All Saints Day is a day to celebrate all who have died in God's graces and are now in heaven. All "Hallows" is the archaic English for All Saints.

Much like the the night before Christmas is Christmas Eve, the night before All Hallows is All Hallows Eve, which through the evolution of archaic English comes down to us as Halloween.

Now, we all know how secular society has tried to wipe out Christianity, and the few things it cannot wipe out it has perverted, such as Easter being about eggs and bunnies, and Christmas being about elves and reindeer.

The same has happened to All Hallows Eve. Secular society has ripped the saints away and made it about goblins and candy. So,this Halloween, I suggest keeping it as you would Christmas or Easter by celebrating its true intent.

BLOG ARTICLE

Happy-All-Saints-Day.jpg

theophilus

In the first place, Halloween is a massive ad campaign paid for by the American Dental Association to garner business.

In the second place we are not to embrace worldly things, like dentists.

In the third place, Saints should NOT be dressing up like...dentists.

:)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
In the first place, Halloween is a massive ad campaign paid for by the American Dental Association to garner business.

In the second place we are not to embrace worldly things, like dentists.

In the third place, Saints should NOT be dressing up like...dentists. :)

I assume you are being sarcastic using humor, that you don't really mean that Halloween is a massive ad campaign by the American Dental Association.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
video=youtube
I won't watch that and here is why: Over the years the History Channel has drifted far away from real history and become a platform for leftwing propaganda and also for goofy fake history. They are always showing "Ancient Aliens", as if there is any truth to that crap.

The history channel also shows lots of "documentaries" that denigrate, belittle, and attempt to debunk Christian beliefs. So there is no telling what that video is going to say.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, there is hardly any history on the History Channel. Rick Harrison delivers more history in their short program than that channel does in a month. They do mythology, not history.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
viggo mortenson's satan:

Little Tommy Daggett. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I won't watch that and here is why: Over the years the History Channel has drifted far away from real history and become a platform for leftwing propaganda and also for goofy fake history. They are always showing "Ancient Aliens", as if there is any truth to that crap.

The history channel also shows lots of "documentaries" that denigrate, belittle, and attempt to debunk Christian beliefs. So there is no telling what that video is going to say.
OK.

The video explains:
*the morphing of the name into "Halloween" just as you have stated.
*the RCC moving all saints day from May 13th to November 1st to counter the pagan holiday of October 31st. (Since the origin began by honoring dead ancestors for pagans, the church would add it's own celebration of the dead.)
*that all the traditions were not from a single source of a single pagan group, but a combination of several cultures that honor the dead.
*the suggested origin of trick or treat ( a treat to ensure you would not be bothered)

It then goes into the costume industry and how it has become just as much an industry for adults as well as kids.
And tells a few of the instances of Halloween going too far with pranks at times (like actual destruction of property and placing razor blades in apples).

No aliens.

Tattooed Theist

Just like virtually everything on Television.:thumb:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The video explains:
*the morphing of the name into "Halloween" just as you have stated......
Okay. That's good.

*the RCC moving all saints day from May 13th to November 1st to counter the pagan holiday of October 31st.
Standard practice, trying to meet people where they are at already, and change from celebrating something bad to celebrating something good. Okay.

(Since the origin began by honoring dead ancestors for pagans, the church would add it's own celebration of the dead.)
BAD INFO! We didn't"add" to their pagan rites. We threw them out and replaced them. That's a very different thing. And the saints are not the "dead", they are the "Living",in heaven. Of course I would not expect the History Channel to begin to grasp THAT concept.

*that all the traditions were not from a single source of a single pagan group, but a combination of several cultures that honor the dead.
Don't know about that and don't care. What's important is getting them to abandon those beliefs and accept Christianity.

*the suggested origin of trick or treat ( a treat to ensure you would not be bothered)
It then goes into the costume industry and how it has become just as much an industry for adults as well as kids.
Secular crap, like elves at Christmas and bunnies at Easter.

No aliens.
That's good.

Just like virtually everything on Television.:thumb:
Yep.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BAD INFO! We didn't"add" to their pagan rites.
I didn't say that and neither did the video.
All saints day was added to the church, not the pagans.
Get a grip on your catholic-bashing paranoia, CC.

And the saints are not the "dead", they are the "Living",in heaven. Of course I would not expect the History Channel to begin to grasp THAT concept.
It's talking about people that have died physically, and you know that.

Don't know about that and don't care. What's important is getting them to abandon those beliefs and accept Christianity.

Secular crap, like elves at Christmas and bunnies at Easter.
Still a part of the "history" of Halloween.

You should have just watched it instead of complaining about where it came from.
I already watched it before I posted it, and I would not have posted it if I thought it did not do a decent job.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Pretty much :rolleyes:
I couldn't even take 'The Bible' series seriously. The only part I liked were the events surrounding Sampson.
It's apparent that they pandered to the popular, goofy crowd rather than the more intellectual, inclined to a Passion of the Christ temperament.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Pretty much :rolleyes:
I couldn't even take 'The Bible' series seriously. The only part I liked were the events surrounding Sampson.
It's apparent that they pandered to the popular, goofy crowd rather than the more intellectual, inclined to a Passion of the Christ temperament.

Yes, I sort of agree. But since I think Roma Downey's intent was to do the right thing in telling the Bible's story, I tend to give it's shortcomings a pass. I think she meant to tell the stories faithfully. Not too many big Hollywood stars will come out and do something like that these days. Her and Mel Gibson are the only ones I can think of, excluding of course the classic Biblical epics of the 60's.

.........You should have just watched it instead of complaining about where it came from.
I already watched it before I posted it, and I would not have posted it if I thought it did not do a decent job.
Well, with all due respect, you and I come from very different places in how we view what I regard to be a Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day, and the night before, All Hallows. Misrepresentations won't bother you as much as they bother me because you don't regard it as I do.