chrysostom

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christian forum is mostly conversational style, IMO.

Unless you are in serious debate or faith arguments..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You should try to improve your skills. Do you think in two languages? Most persons who are bilingual think in one language and then translate their thought to fit another language. Some persons, like me, are able to think in two languages.

It is very important to use the correct words when you have to translate your thoughts into another language.

Yes, I am bilingual. I process English into Japanese then English comes out.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in early catholic schools we diagrammed sentences
-this is no longer done
-and
-many think it should be done
-it helps to give structure to a sentence

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
in early catholic schools we diagrammed sentences
-this is no longer done
-and
-many think it should be done
-it helps to give structure to a sentence

As I said, it is the dumbing down of language for the sake of the stupid.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, I am bilingual. I process English into Japanese then English comes out.

Imagine if you could use both languages for thinking? The is what I find to be key in the so-called 'post structural' ideology. It is French thought, which is not translated into common English and when written, many educated persons think it is highly complex, yet in French it is common thinking.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
aren't you the trump supporter?

Not so. Just as much I cast a vote to cancel one vote for Hillary, which leaves you baffled; as well, you do not understand being Catholic, as you fail to understand the hierarchy in catholic philosophical thought.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Not so. Just as much I cast a vote to cancel one vote for Hillary, which leaves you baffled; as well, you do not understand being Catholic, as you fail to understand the hierarchy in catholic philosophical thought.

would I be as bitter as you
-if
-I did

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
would I be as bitter as you
-if
-I did

Assumptions. You would be more a Catholic thinker. As it is, you are like most kids, thinking being stupid makes you part of the fold.

Cool dude and all. Look out! That horse might buck.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Assumptions. You would be more a Catholic thinker. As it is, you are like most kids, thinking being stupid makes you part of the fold.

Cool dude and all. Look out! That horse might buck.

it may not be a good idea to spend the last few years of your life attacking what might be the church Jesus built on a rock
-a more positive approach would help you
-don't worry about us

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Imagine if you could use both languages for thinking? The is what I find to be key in the so-called 'post structural' ideology. It is French thought, which is not translated into common English and when written, many educated persons think it is highly complex, yet in French it is common thinking.

I have learned to adopt American way of thinking to communicate with them right away. It did not take much to switch to their way..

Many Japanese people cannot carry out English conversation with English speaking people because they are thinking with Japanese language.

They learn English at Junior and Senior high school, they put many hours studying English, yet most of them cannot communicate with Americans.

They also have heavy accent in general.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know well about accents. In France, they think I speak funny, even though I am thinking in French. This cannot be easily changed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I know well about accents. In France, they think I speak funny, even though I am thinking in French. This cannot be easily changed.

From my experience, Europeans' accent are clearer than Americans.

I think it is because they have the same way of pronouncing the language. Japanese and Koreans are the worst kind, IMO, when it comes to accent..

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Take your word on that.

This would be English in French thought; " The anterior of the subject is always circumvented by gender."

What this means is: 'Besides the meaning of the subject is the gender of nouns'

I think that is correct?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Take your word on that.

This would be English in French thought; " The anterior of the subject is always circumvented by gender."

What this means is: 'Besides the meaning of the subject is the gender of nouns'

I think that is correct?

You are going into beyond my reach.

My English is only about 7th graders.

I can only carry out conversational style.

I cannot write any kind of complicated essays.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In French words have gender. In English, they do not. French is much more fluid, yet English is more precise, as it is, the parts of speech, in English, change to form when the composition is altered.

My undergraduate degree was in English.