Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chrysostom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    it is almost noon on the right coast
    -
    so what is for lunch?
    -
    boars head hot dogs and busch's country style beans
    -
    so how are your brackets doing?
    -
    I have 24 in the 99 percentile
    -
    really?
    -
    really and I have all the top 16 seated teams covered
    -
    looking good
    -
    ubetcha
    Didn't know they made hot dogs...should be good. The beans I like. If you mix a large can of their regular beans with one of the smaller Grilling Bourbon and Brown Sugar cans and bake it I think you'd be hard pressed to cook better from scratch. The Bourbon by itself is too strong and sweet, but mixed in, it adds a kick the original are missing.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life






    Comment


    • but stp doesn't see what he is looking for
      -
      he never will
      -
      his future has been corrupted
      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        Didn't know they made hot dogs...should be good. The beans I like. If you mix a large can of their regular beans with one of the smaller Grilling Bourbon and Brown Sugar cans and bake it I think you'd be hard pressed to cook better from scratch. The Bourbon by itself is too strong and sweet, but mixed in, it adds a kick the original are missing.
        thanks for the input
        -but-
        I drink a strong ipa before I eat the beans
        -so-
        I don't need the bourbon
        -
        have you tried bush's country style beans?
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

        Comment


        • I not only use boars head hot dogs
          I also use partridge farms top sliced buns

          put both in the microwave for 33 seconds with or without garnish
          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            but stp doesn't see what he is looking for
            -
            he never will
            -
            his future has been corrupted


            huh?
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            You're too literal to get it.
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
              thanks for the input
              -but-
              I drink a strong ipa before I eat the beans
              -so-
              I don't need the bourbon
              -
              have you tried bush's country style beans?


              I believe so. I like their product line. You should try the mix though, I'm fairly sure there's no real alcohol content in any of the Bush's bean lines. More a flavoring and worth it.
              You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

              Pro-Life






              Comment


              • Fry up about 6 strips bacon and set aside, leaving a little bit of fat in the pan.
                Sauté some finely diced onion in the bacon fat. When the onion is translucent,
                add a big can of Bush's Original beans, along with:
                a generous amount of brown sugar, a little bit of mustard, and a good squirt of ketchup.
                Dice the fried bacon and add it back to the beans, and give it all a good stir.
                Simmer for a while to let the flavors blend, making sure to stir it every so often. Enjoy.


                Hot dogs: Kosher. Gotta have yellow mustard. NO ketchup. And some bread and butter pickle slices.

                Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                  Fry up about 6 strips bacon and set aside, leaving a little bit of fat in the pan.
                  Sauté some finely diced onion in the bacon fat. When the onion is translucent,
                  add a big can of Bush's Original beans, along with:
                  a generous amount of brown sugar, a little bit of mustard, and a good squirt of ketchup.
                  Dice the fried bacon and add it back to the beans, and give it all a good stir.
                  Simmer for a while to let the flavors blend, making sure to stir it every so often. Enjoy.
                  The Bush's Bourbon and Brown Sugar "Grillin Beans" gives you a lot of that flavor. You can still add the bacon and onions, but it covers the sugar and while adding a really nice extra flavor with the bourbon influence.

                  Hot dogs: Kosher.
                  Hebrew International? Good franks, though I'd try Boar's Head. They know meat.

                  Gotta have yellow mustard. NO ketchup.
                  With me it depends on how the buns go. If you want a steamed bun that's set long enough to get some of the meat flavor into it, ketchup is a good get. Otherwise I like it with mustard or both.

                  And some bread and butter pickle slices.
                  That sounds good, though I like a little relish and a little kraut now and again. Never cared for the chili addition. Too sloppy and it ruins the bread.
                  You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                  Pro-Life






                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                    a little kraut now and again.
                    Ohh... my favorite sandwich is a pastrami Reuben. I only have it once or twice a year but just thinking about it...

                    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                      Ohh... my favorite sandwich is a pastrami Reuben. I only have it once or twice a year but just thinking about it...
                      i was thinking the same thing

                      drooling......



                      my ex used to take me and the boys out to a local diner when they were living at home - that was one of my regular orders


                      it's been four years now since i got a free meal off that horrible woman

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                        The Bush's Bourbon and Brown Sugar "Grillin Beans" gives you a lot of that flavor. You can still add the bacon and onions, but it covers the sugar and while adding a really nice extra flavor with the bourbon influence.
                        My sister also adds pineapple. I get to take them home after every party.



                        Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                        With me it depends on how the buns go. If you want a steamed bun that's set long enough to get some of the meat flavor into it, ketchup is a good get. Otherwise I like it with mustard or both. That sounds good, though I like a little relish and a little kraut now and again.
                        I'm hungry....


                        Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                        Never cared for the chili addition. Too sloppy and it ruins the bread.
                        "Two please, and give me the Heretic's plate as well."
                        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                        ? Yep

                        Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                        ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                        Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                          Ohh... my favorite sandwich is a pastrami Reuben. I only have it once or twice a year but just thinking about it...
                          Had a good Cuban yesterday at the Derailed Diner on my way back from Pensacola. It's a part of the Oasis Truckstop. It has an interesting sense of humor and a pecan pie cheesecake that needs to be had to be understood fully. Here is a link to a few photos of the joint to give you an idea of the whimsy. It's really a fun atmosphere for kids and the dining car is surprisingly well done.

                          Link
                          You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                          Pro-Life






                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                            Had a good Cuban yesterday at the Derailed Diner on my way back from Pensacola. It's a part of the Oasis Truckstop. It has an interesting sense of humor and a pecan pie cheesecake that needs to be had to be understood fully. Here is a link to a few photos of the joint to give you an idea of the whimsy. It's really a fun atmosphere for kids and the dining car is surprisingly well done.

                            Link
                            Wow, that looks really cool. The cheesecake looks incredible. I might have to special order.
                            My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                            Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                            Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                            Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                            No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                            Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                            ? Yep

                            Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                            ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                            Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                              Had a good Cuban yesterday at the Derailed Diner on my way back from Pensacola. It's a part of the Oasis Truckstop. It has an interesting sense of humor and a pecan pie cheesecake that needs to be had to be understood fully. Here is a link to a few photos of the joint to give you an idea of the whimsy. It's really a fun atmosphere for kids and the dining car is surprisingly well done.

                              Link
                              Looks like a fun place.

                              The farmer's market on campus has Flavors of East Africa, and their sambusas and sweet jerk chicken are really good. The wait is the longest for their booth, I think the aroma coming off the grill casts some kind of spell on passing students, because they just veer right off course into the line.

                              Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                              Comment


                              • Walking across the campus free speech area today...

                                Competing signs:

                                Religion is for the weak

                                and

                                John 3:16

                                Competing (peaceful) displays facing each other about 20 feet apart, one supporting Israel and one supporting Palestine.

                                Then I was handed a flyer for the Youth and Students for Social Equality. I fit student but not youth. It made me feel kind of old all of a sudden.

                                Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X