Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chrysostom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    -who do you trust?

    -who can you trust?

    -what can you trust?

    -a reliable institution

    -why would you trust an institution and not a person?

    -history

    -history?

    -a person's history will always be limited

    -they don't seem to hang around that long

    -a reliable institution does

    -especially if it is connected to a building

    -a building with a good foundation

    -they last a lot longer
    Poor lost religious soul...
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    You're too literal to get it.
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
      does God talk to you?
      Yes.

      Through His Word, Prayer, Circumstances and the Church.

      Doesn't He talk to you?


      *Right now counts forever!

      Romans 14:12
      Matt. 12:36-37

      !



      - Psalmist
      - Desert Reign

      Comment


      • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        Yes.

        Through His Word, Prayer, Circumstances and the Church.

        Doesn't He talk to you?
        no and I don't trust anyone who says God talks to them
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          Doesn't He talk to you?
          Only through his Vicar, I'm guessing...
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          You're too literal to get it.
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            no and I don't trust anyone who says God talks to them
            So the only purpose in praying is to have a one-way conversation?
            A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
            we can trust with nuclear weapons.

            Bill Clinton






            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rusha View Post
              So the only purpose in praying is to have a one-way conversation?
              Catholic prayers are more like incantations. Spooky.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              You're too literal to get it.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                no and I don't trust anyone who says God talks to them
                You're really missing out on the "so that they may have life and have it more abundantly" bit aren't you?

                Chrys,

                God is always speaking to His creation, 24/7, drawing us to Him, calling us to His Christ; He uses our consciences to warn us against sin, etc...

                His Word in us speaks to us of joy and of promise, of heaven and glory.

                Maybe you just don't listen?


                *Right now counts forever!

                Romans 14:12
                Matt. 12:36-37

                !



                - Psalmist
                - Desert Reign

                Comment


                • Maybe you don't know HOW to listen?


                  *Right now counts forever!

                  Romans 14:12
                  Matt. 12:36-37

                  !



                  - Psalmist
                  - Desert Reign

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                    Maybe you just don't listen?
                    Maybe he has rejected God so long that he no longer has ears to hear...
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    You're too literal to get it.
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                      You're really missing out on the "so that they may have life and have it more abundantly" bit aren't you?

                      Chrys,

                      God is always speaking to His creation, 24/7, drawing us to Him, calling us to His Christ; He uses our consciences to warn us against sin, etc...

                      His Word in us speaks to us of joy and of promise, of heaven and glory.

                      Maybe you just don't listen?
                      you are not the first one to suggest I am not listening
                      -should I listen to you because you say God talks to you?
                      -God doesn't talk to me
                      -so
                      -I have to look for signs
                      -I have to make sense out of what I see
                      -I have to ask for guidance
                      -I have to listen to others who might make sense
                      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        -I have to look for signs
                        An evil and adulterous generation...
                        Originally posted by Interplanner
                        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                        Originally posted by Interplanner
                        You're too literal to get it.
                        Originally posted by Interplanner
                        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                          Maybe you don't know HOW to listen?
                          Maybe? Chrys not listen? No way!

                          A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
                          we can trust with nuclear weapons.

                          Bill Clinton






                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                            you are not the first one to suggest I am not listening
                            -should I listen to you because you say God talks to you?
                            -God doesn't talk to me
                            -so
                            -I have to look for signs
                            -I have to make sense out of what I see
                            -I have to ask for guidance
                            -I have to listen to others who might make sense
                            I didn't suggest you weren't listening; I asked.

                            You know that at the end of this age there will be lying sign and wonders...right?

                            2 Thessalonians 2:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
                            8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

                            Be careful of signs.

                            Do you make sense out of what you see based on God's Word?

                            Who do you ask for guidance?

                            Who are you going to listen to?

                            ???


                            *Right now counts forever!

                            Romans 14:12
                            Matt. 12:36-37

                            !



                            - Psalmist
                            - Desert Reign

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                              Maybe you don't know HOW to listen?
                              I think I know how to listen
                              -I really need patience to continue listening to those who don't make sense
                              -would you trust someone who trusts trump?
                              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                                Be careful of signs.
                                Yes, especially angels of darkness appearing as light claiming to be "Our Lady".
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                You're too literal to get it.
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X