Story Behind your Avatar

fishrovmen

Pictures that people put on the profiles are often a expression of the inner man. [/COLOR]

YES!! hence my square peg in a round hole avatar. For a long while I have felt so different from the "norm", the majority, the popular etc.
I felt so different that I often questioned if I had a problem. I searched for answers and came across the MBTI personality typology test. Supposedly there are about 2% of the worlds population that have this personality ( the least common of 16 personalities).
I don't know much about psychological theories, but the summary of this personality typology described me perfectly, as if I myself was describing how I feel and what I do and why I do it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
YES!! hence my square peg in a round hole avatar. For a long while I have felt so different from the "norm", the majority, the popular etc.
I felt so different that I often questioned if I had a problem. I searched for answers and came across the MBTI personality typology test. Supposedly there are about 2% of the worlds population that have this personality ( the least common of 16 personalities).
I don't know much about psychological theories, but the summary of this personality typology described me perfectly, as if I myself was describing how I feel and what I do and why I do it.

and that 2% are all on TOL

I'm jus funnin folks :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed, but they are exceptions no? Ignore is a pretty good tool to have. I use it as my signature shows.

Actually, it's enough of a problem to be cautious. Also, your choice of ignoring someone else doesn't mean they are ignoring you.

I made my profile friend's only due to the actions of a few.

StanJ

Actually, it's enough of a problem to be cautious. Also, your choice of ignoring someone else doesn't mean they are ignoring you.
I made my profile friend's only due to the actions of a few.

and that's an excellent point...one must be proactive in their online profiles and ensure that they are secure, instead of reacting to a problem AFTER it occurs. Even on FB, you can't leave it open for everyone. My profile is only accessible by friends and NOBODY else.
Same here on TOL.

StanJ

This thread made me settle on an avatar, finally. I had the "hold fast" anchor for awhile, which have always been a symbol and slogan I liked. I tried a couple of others out as well. This one is my favorite, and I'll keep it as long as I post here, or until I have a new favorite tattoo. :)

Like the tatt...is it yours or someone else's?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and that's an excellent point...one must be proactive in their online profiles and ensure that they are secure, instead of reacting to a problem AFTER it occurs. Even on FB, you can't leave it open for everyone. My profile is only accessible by friends and NOBODY else.
Same here on TOL.

I believe I have mine set to friend's only as well.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Reality is what IS...and what is ever unfolding.......

Reality is what IS...and what is ever unfolding.......

~*~*~

My current avatar speaks for itself, for anyone 'attuned'. Its all about 'expanding consciousness' :)

Life is but an adventure in consciousness, a journey in space-time, an 'experience' of creation/evolution. This is what Life is about.

This is what is 'be-ing' and 'be-coming' :surf:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My current picture (11-1-15) is a shot from a 500 bc Greek ampitheater in what is currently Taormina, Sicily.
Mt. Etna is in the background smoking.
I used to live on the left side of the mountain, just at the horizon, and just below the snow line.