St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
funny_bums_pittsburgh_pirates_parody_womens_dark.jpg

Only 6 teams have won more World Series' than the Pirates.

The Pirates have the best winning percentage (.714) of any team that has played in more than two World Series'.

john w

Hall of Fame
Only 6 teams have won more World Series' than the Pirates.

The Pirates have the best winning percentage (.714) of any team that has played in more than two World Series'.

And a broken clock is correct twice, every 2 hours. The last time that sad excuse for a baseball "team"(loosely used here) won a World Series, was when disco was in, and you had a backbone, and hair.

When my family took us to baseball games, Lou Brock was my favorite player to watch. He invented new ways to steal basis. He'd just casually walk off first base and when the pitcher thru to the first baseman, he'd hightailed it to second base ... safe. Hey Cub fans, how'd that Brock for Broglio plus two others trade work out for you in 1964? Seems like I remember the Cardinals beating the Yankees that year in the World Series.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Cards, despite having lost "one in a row," are only a 1/2 game out of first.

The Berean

What a sucky start to my Giants season! And it's only been two games so far! :bang:

-Matt Cain goes on the DL with "flexor tightness" in his pitching arm.
-Brandon Belt injured his groin chasing a fly ball last night and could go on the DL.
-Jake Peavy was scratched from his start last night because of a tight back.
-Ryan Vogelsong was AWFUL in his first start last night allowing two 3-run home runs and seven runs total in just four innings.

john w

Hall of Fame
What a sucky start to my Giants season! And it's only been two games so far! :bang:

-Brandon Belt injured his groin chasing a fly ball last night and could go on the DL.
-Ryan Vogelsong was AWFUL in his first start last night allowing two 3-run home runs and seven runs total in just four innings.

Here is what is on the back of the Giants' uniforms this year:

overrated.jpg

The Berean

By mid June, when the overrated Giants are officially eliminated, I predict your "my Giants" phrase, will morph into "those Giants."

Tic, tic, tic.................

I've been a Giants fan since 1976. :p They were my Giants even in 1985 when they lost 100 games. Shoot they lost 90 games as recently as 2008 and had a losing record in 2013. But they are still my Giants. Especially when this happens. :banana:

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

Welcome to the Big Leagues.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I've been a Giants fan since 1976. :p They were my Giants even in 1985 when they lost 100 games. Shoot they lost 90 games as recently as 2008 and had a losing record in 2013. But they are still my Giants. Especially when this happens. :banana:

76 ? That was yesterday. Btw, it's not Your team, you don't play or coach, and you probably live nowhere near frisco. They do have bath houses, which St. Louis does not.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In my previous post that showed the 27 World Series won by the Yankees, the biggest gap since their first World Series in 1923 without a World Series victory was 1979 - 1995 (17 years)

Don Mattingly played for the Yankees from 1979 - 1995.

The Yankees won a World Series in 1978 the year before they drafted Mattingly, and they won a World Series in 1996, the year after Mattingly retired.

In 1997, the Yankees retired Mattingly's number. Mattingly is the only Yankee to have his number retired who never won a World Series.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cardinals draft and grow talent.

Here's 10 free agents the Cardinals signed:

1) Chris Carpenter
2) Jason Isringhausen
3) David Eckstein
4) Mike Matheny
5) Jeff Suppan
6) Bob Tewksbury
7) Delino DeSheilds
8) Tom Henke
9) Steve Kline
10) Dennis Eckersley

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Here's 10 big free agents the Cardinals signed:

1) Chris Carpenter
2) Jason Isringhausen
3) David Eckstein
4) Mike Matheny
5) Jeff Suppan
6) Bob Tewksbury
7) Delino DeSheilds
8) Tom Henke
9) Steve Kline
10) Dennis Eckersley

Strategically. All reasonably priced with futures in St. Louis, even Will Clark, he loved St. Louis, more than the bay. You may notice, no ARod. Clemens, Ichiro, or 'quick" mega contracts for the post-season. Compare all you want, search through history and waste your own time. I can't be fooled.

john w

Hall of Fame
Here's 10 free agents the Cardinals signed:

1) Chris Carpenter
2) Jason Isringhausen
3) David Eckstein
4) Mike Matheny
5) Jeff Suppan
6) Bob Tewksbury
7) Delino DeSheilds
8) Tom Henke
9) Steve Kline
10) Dennis Eckersley

pittsburgh-434.jpg

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
In my previous post that showed the 27 World Series won by the Yankees, the biggest gap since their first World Series in 1923 without a World Series victory was 1979 - 1995 (17 years)

Don Mattingly played for the Yankees from 1979 - 1995.

The Yankees won a World Series in 1978 the year before they drafted Mattingly, and they won a World Series in 1996, the year after Mattingly retired.

In 1997, the Yankees retired Mattingly's number. Mattingly is the only Yankee to have his number retired who never won a World Series.

Donny Baseball ! Or is it Donnie ? Great hitter, he deserved a ring. Steinbrener TRIED buying one for him, but it didn't work out.