There Is A Lot Of Love In Threads On The Internet, Isn't There?

JAGG

Here are the characteristics of the Principle Of Love as presented in
First Corinthians chapter 13.

{1} Love is patient.
{2} Love is kind.
{3} Love does not envy.
{4} Love does not boast.
{5} Love is not proud.
{6} Love is not rude.
{7} Love is not self-seeking.
{8} Love is not easily angered.
{9} Love keeps no record of wrongs.
{10} Love does not delight in evil.
{11} Love rejoices with the truth.
{12} Love always protects.
{13} Love always trusts.
{14} Love always hopes.
{15} Love always perseveres.
{16} Love never fails.
{17} These three remain: faith, hope, and love.
{18} But the greatest of these is Love.

Threads on the Internet At Large are characterized by those 18
demonstrations of Love, aren't they?

There is not any hateful ugly squabbling, haggling, and bickering that
goes on between Opponents inside Thread World on the Internet
At Large, is there?

Inside Thread World on the Internet At Large there is not a never
ending Cannibalistic Feast of biting and devouring one another going
on, is there? Thread World on the Internet At Large is not The Land Of
The Cannibals, is it? Rather Thread World is characterized by love,
kindness, compassion, empathy, sympathy, and a charitable reading
of each other's posts, isn't it?

Inside Thread World on The Internet At Large, there is hardly ever
any harshness, resentment, hateful criticism, denunciation,
accusations, loathing, disgruntlement, snide and snippy one-liner
responses to posts, insults, and generally unpleasant tones and
attitudes towards everybody that disagrees with each other on most
any subject, is there?

A Prayer For All We Internet Posters:
May the Lord bless and keep us.
May the Lord make His face shine upon us.
May the Lord be gracious unto us.
May the Lord turn His face toward us.
May the Lord always protect us.
May the Lord always give us peace
{Based On Numbers 6:24-27

`

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Here are the characteristics of the Principle Of Love as presented in
First Corinthians chapter 13.

{1} Love is patient.
{2} Love is kind.
{3} Love does not envy.
{4} Love does not boast.
{5} Love is not proud.
{6} Love is not rude.
{7} Love is not self-seeking.
{8} Love is not easily angered.
{9} Love keeps no record of wrongs.
{10} Love does not delight in evil.
{11} Love rejoices with the truth.
{12} Love always protects.
{13} Love always trusts.
{14} Love always hopes.
{15} Love always perseveres.
{16} Love never fails.
{17} These three remain: faith, hope, and love.
{18} But the greatest of these is Love.

Threads on the Internet At Large are characterized by those 18
demonstrations of Love, aren't they?

There is not any hateful ugly squabbling, haggling, and bickering that
goes on between Opponents inside Thread World on the Internet
At Large, is there?

Inside Thread World on the Internet At Large there is not a never
ending Cannibalistic Feast of biting and devouring one another going
on, is there? Thread World on the Internet At Large is not The Land Of
The Cannibals, is it? Rather Thread World is characterized by love,
kindness, compassion, empathy, sympathy, and a charitable reading
of each other's posts, isn't it?

Inside Thread World on The Internet At Large, there is hardly ever
any harshness, resentment, hateful criticism, denunciation,
accusations, loathing, disgruntlement, snide and snippy one-liner
responses to posts, insults, and generally unpleasant tones and
attitudes towards everybody that disagrees with each other on most
any subject, is there?

A Prayer For All We Internet Posters:
May the Lord bless and keep us.
May the Lord make His face shine upon us.
May the Lord be gracious unto us.
May the Lord turn His face toward us.
May the Lord always protect us.
May the Lord always give us peace
{Based On Numbers 6:24-27

This is a good post and I have thought a lot about my part in it. As a college student I am frustrated at the people I go to school with because they just don't listen to reason. When I joined this forum I thought it might be different and I might be able to debate..

It is not different. It actually might be worse.

Democrats?Progressives here in this forum are willing to tell any lie and regurgitate any propaganda, even when faced with overwhelming refuting evidence.

It is maddening to the point where I have responded with plain insults, which I know is not helpful, but when talking to an evil person who has shut off their minds to the truth, what else is left to say?

JAGG

`

This is a good post and I have thought a lot about my part in it. As a college student
I am frustrated at the people I go to school with because they just don't listen to reason.
When I joined this forum I thought it might be different and I might be able to debate..

It is not different. It actually might be worse.

Democrats? Progressives here in this forum are willing to tell any lie and regurgitate
any propaganda, even when faced with overwhelming refuting evidence.

It is maddening to the point where I have responded with plain insults, which I know
is not helpful, but when talking to an evil person who has shut off their minds to the
truth, what else is left to say?

`

Thank you.
And thanks for reading the Opening Post.
And also thank you for your comments.

JAGG

Here are some interesting Bible verses that might relate in some way to the Opening Post?

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore
that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens,
and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."__Galatians 6:1-2

"Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading
them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the
trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."__2 Timothy 2:25-26

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that he lay down
his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. ___The Lord Jesus John 15:12-14

"If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."___Galatians 5:15

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."___Ephesians 4:32

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."__1 Peter 3:8

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."__Romans 14:19

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."___Romans 12:18

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."__1 Peter 3:8

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."__2 Timothy 2:23

"Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and
only ruins those who listen."__2 Timothy 2:14

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging
cymbal."__1 Corinthians 13:1

Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Here are some interesting Bible verses that might relate in some way to the Opening Post?

"If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."___Galatians 5:15

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."___Ephesians 4:32

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."__Romans 14:19

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."___Romans 12:18

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."__2 Timothy 2:23

"Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging

It is all very good. I have to re-double my effort to ignore the hatemongers in the forum, and in Life in general.

Lon

There is a tension between our love for God and His truth, and those who are His, and those who aren't. When the Lord Jesus Christ met with the Samaritan woman, He told her the time had come when true worshippers would do so in Spirit and Truth. The Spirit is relational. Truth is the basis of our relationship with God. Without truth, there is no ground for relationship and without relationship, there is no platform to be heard.

There are times to be firm, especially with heretics, false teachers, and "Other" on TOL. One of the better things I've learned is to put those who cannot be civil on ignore. The walk between correction (firmly), gently, and lovingly, is always going to be a goal for me, until I too become like Him Who called me. For me? The endeavor, along with prayerfully some progress. The Apostle Paul became all things. I have to leave some TOL'ers to others because the point where I can make progress with them is past. It must necessarily take God to overcome these obstacles and produce grace in the listener and me.

My balance attempt is ever, truth AND relationship.
-Lon

JAGG

There is a tension between our love for God and His truth, and those who are His, and those who aren't. When the Lord Jesus Christ met with the Samaritan woman, He told her the time had come when true worshippers would do so in Spirit and Truth. The Spirit is relational. Truth is the basis of our relationship with God. Without truth, there is no ground for relationship and without relationship, there is no platform to be heard.

There are times to be firm, especially with heretics, false teachers, and "Other" on TOL. One of the better things I've learned is to put those who cannot be civil on ignore. The walk between correction (firmly), gently, and lovingly, is always going to be a goal for me, until I too become like Him Who called me. For me? The endeavor, along with prayerfully some progress. The Apostle Paul became all things. I have to leave some TOL'ers to others because the point where I can make progress with them is past. It must necessarily take God to overcome these obstacles and produce grace in the listener and me.

My balance attempt is ever, truth AND relationship.
-Lon

Lon,

Interesting post. Helpful. Thank you.

I learned my name-calling from Jesus."__John Christian

"I learned my name-calling from Jesus" is what one Christian brother told
me not to long ago. And he meant not only calling the unbelievers names,
but also calling his brothers in Christ names when they departed
from what he thought the Bible teaches. He cited Matthew 23 where the
Lord Jesus called those Pharisees and Teachers of the Law "snakes and
vipers" and "hypocrites."

Never mind that those Pharisees and Teachers Of The Law tried to murder
the Lord Jesus on several occasions and finally did murder Him before the
end came. The point is that there are few people that we come in contact
with here is the 21st century that are like those Pharisees and Teachers Of
The Law and most certainly NOT any born again Christians are like them.
So? So its not Biblically justified to call just anybody "snakes and vipers",
and most certainly not a fellow Christian.

John Christian cited other instances of name calling in the New Testament.
You can find it. Jesus said don't cast your pearls before pigs and dogs.
John in Revelation called the wicked dogs "outside are the dogs."
John the Baptist called the wicked "You brood of vipers"

Then too, we are not the Lord Jesus or the Apostle John or the Apostle Paul
and we do not have their authority. We do not have the Lord Jesus' understanding
of the hearts of men. So? So I avoid name-calling, because , , ,

, , , all this below has to mean something:

JAGG

Lon

Lon,

Interesting post. Helpful. Thank you.

I learned my name-calling from Jesus."__John Christian

"I learned my name-calling from Jesus" is what one Christian brother told
me not to long ago. And he meant not only calling the unbelievers names,
but also calling his brothers in Christ names when they departed
from what he thought the Bible teaches. He cited Matthew 23 where the
Lord Jesus called those Pharisees and Teachers of the Law "snakes and
vipers" and "hypocrites."

Never mind that those Pharisees and Teachers Of The Law tried to murder
the Lord Jesus on several occasions and finally did murder Him before the
end came. The point is that there are few people that we come in contact
with here is the 21st century that are like those Pharisees and Teachers Of
The Law and most certainly NOT any born again Christians are like them.
So? So its not Biblically justified to call just anybody "snakes and vipers",
and most certainly not a fellow Christian.

John Christian cited other instances of name calling in the New Testament.
You can find it. Jesus said don't cast your pearls before pigs and dogs.
John in Revelation called the wicked dogs "outside are the dogs."
John the Baptist called the wicked "You brood of vipers"

Then too, we are not the Lord Jesus or the Apostle John or the Apostle Paul
and we do not have their authority. We do not have the Lord Jesus' understanding
of the hearts of men. So? So I avoid name-calling, because , , ,
Or gentiles 'dogs'... I'm not entirely sure what side I fall on. Certainly names were called but I'm very much on page with 'no such thing as a modern day Pharisee.' Too many young believers, cult members feeling chided or dare they think "martyred," (or "Other" on TOL) throw it around without any real thought about mismatched metaphors and theological inaccuracies. I very much agree with the writer on this premise.

, , , all this below has to mean something:

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."__Romans 14:19

JAGG

Agree here as well. There are 'examples' of given from the former, but the directives are clear(er): Clear scriptural directives vs examples of something in story. I don't take liberty with all the Lord Jesus did, because I'm not Lord or Jesus thus have to be careful in what ways I might want to be like Him. I don't have the authority to clear the temple of tax collectors either.
While we can certainly see examples of what at the very least 'looks like name-calling' we cannot get directives immediately to do so from the context nor can I assure anyone that the intention was name-calling but rather accurate assessment. When the Lord Jesus Christ says 'poisonous viper' we have to recognize His metaphors never fail. I don't yet have my Savior's accuracy at metaphor thus use these sparingly. There are times I'm tempted but try instead to give options, "not paying attention or not very astute." It amounts to "blind" or "dumb" so I'm not sure I've distanced from name-calling. The goal is to be meaningful and convey a truth. The truth, alone by itself, is offensive, especially if we are lying to ourselves in a particular area.

There are ways to encourage the image of God to come out of another without personal affronts and I endeavor. As I've said on TOL before, if you or any brother or sister have a word of caution, correction, and/or encouragement for me to do better, I'm thankful for it. I know I've room to grow in grace and truth and welcome it. In Him -Lon

JAGG

Or gentiles 'dogs'... I'm not entirely sure what side I fall on. Certainly names
were called but I'm very much on page with 'no such thing as a modern day
Pharisee.' Too many young believers, cult members feeling chided or dare
they think "martyred," (or "Other" on TOL) throw it around without any real
thought about mismatched metaphors and theological inaccuracies. I very
much agree with the writer on this premise.

Agree here as well. There are 'examples' of given from the former, but the
directives are clear(er): Clear scriptural directives vs examples of something
in story. I don't take liberty with all the Lord Jesus did, because I'm not Lord
or Jesus thus have to be careful in what ways I might want to be like Him. I
don't have the authority to clear the temple of tax collectors either.

While we can certainly see examples of what at the very least 'looks like
name-calling' we cannot get directives immediately to do so from the context
nor can I assure anyone that the intention was name-calling but rather accurate
assessment. When the Lord Jesus Christ says 'poisonous viper' we have to
recognize His metaphors never fail. I don't yet have my Savior's accuracy at
metaphor thus use these sparingly. There are times I'm tempted but try instead
to give options, "not paying attention or not very astute." It amounts to "blind" or
"dumb" so I'm not sure I've distanced from name-calling. The goal is to be
meaningful and convey a truth. The truth, alone by itself, is offensive,
especially if we are lying to ourselves in a particular area.

There are ways to encourage the image of God to come out of another
without personal affronts and I endeavor. As I've said on TOL before, if
you or any brother or sister have a word of caution, correction, and/or
encouragement for me to do better, I'm thankful for it. I know I've room
to grow in grace and truth and welcome it. In Him -Lon

Lon, thanks for your comments and for your insights.

I post on some Political Forums in the Religion Department
where there is little moderation and the atheists post very
ugly nasty stuff. My view is that its mere words on a screen
and I just grin and post under it stuff like Bible verses
and Tolkien quotes. I mean words on a screen cannot do
you any harm. Its nothing but digital word-blather. After
awhile the atheists find out that you're not going to get
rattled and they will stop it --- I have even had some to
apologize for their filthy talk. .I never respond to the stuff
like they expect me to, Bible verses and Tolkien quotes
and whatever else I have handy that is an up-beat positive
upward mobile constructive --- I let 'em have it. LOL

JAGG

Lon

Lon, thanks for your comments and for your insights.

I post on some Political Forums in the Religion Department
where there is little moderation and the atheists post very
ugly nasty stuff. My view is that its mere words on a screen
and I just grin and post under it stuff like Bible verses
and Tolkien quotes. I mean words on a screen cannot do
you any harm. Its nothing but digital word-blather. After
awhile the atheists find out that you're not going to get
rattled and they will stop it --- I have even had some to
apologize for their filthy talk. .I never respond to the stuff
like they expect me to, Bible verses and Tolkien quotes
and whatever else I have handy that is an up-beat positive
upward mobile constructive --- I let 'em have it. LOL

JAGG
I appreciate you for that. For me, I give a quote about 'lower IQ if you have to use the same word repeatedly for varied meaning. "It isn't 'bad' as in good, but 'bad' as in unintelligent."

Its academic confrontation, so loses that proverbial bite, but I feel a little better that I was both polite and assessing :)

I believe "Leave them with Jesus" is the better part of valor so I'll be looking for those responses. He didn't come for the healthy, but the sick and so pointing the way is exactly right. :up:

JAGG

I appreciate you for that.
Thank you.

For me, I give a quote about 'lower IQ if you have to use the same word
repeatedly for varied meaning. "It isn't 'bad' as in good, but 'bad' as in unintelligent."

Its academic confrontation, so loses that proverbial bite, but I feel a little better that I
was both polite and assessing :)

I believe "Leave them with Jesus" is the better part of valor so I'll be looking for
those responses. He didn't come for the healthy, but the sick and so pointing the
way is exactly right. :up:

I hear you. Agreed. Good thoughts, there,

Say Lon, here are 3 Tolkien quotes for you.

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
___J.R.R.Tolkien

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see
such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we
have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
___J.R.R. Tolkien

Gandalf On Gollum Deserving Death:
“Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death.
And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then
do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even
the very wise cannot see all ends.”___J.R.R.Tolkien

God Bless.

JAGG

``