Anybody got diabetic recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got diabetic recipes?

I did a Google search and basically got a bunch of vegetarian/vegan recipes. I'd like some that include meat. I am a bit of a picky eater. So, nothing weird, please. Love you all.

Nori
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

sigpic

My ex, who was a professional cook and the parent of a diabetic kid

boxes and boxes of them

try the ADA food hub: https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/all-recipes.html

Merry Christmas Nori!

Comment

What I have found that works for me is using flavor enhancers that have few or zero calories to lean meat/fish as well as zero calorie butter product. Walden farms www.waldenfarms.com has everything from barbecue sauces, salad dressings, coffee creamers, pancake syrups, ketchup, mayos, veggie/chip dips, fruit spreads, Italian sauces, etc ... minus fat and calories.

For a healthy, diabetic friendly soup that can be made within 5 minutes give or take:

If you enjoy soup, Nashua Nutrition (or other similar brands) cream of chicken soup. After cooking the soup, I add a small amount of shredded white chicken and spinach/kaleor Swiss chard and a dash of Parkay Vegetable Oil (0 calories or fat) along w/ pepper, garlic and onion powder. My 73 year old mother even loves this soup even though she doesn’t care for those vegetables.

It’s not so much the dish but rather the ingredients that makes it unhealthy.

Also, this website seems to have a variety of recipes:

https://diabetesstrong.com/recipes/

Last edited by Rusha; December 31st, 2019, 09:38 AM.
      A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
      we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
        My ex, who was a professional cook and the parent of a diabetic kid

boxes and boxes of them

try the ADA food hub: https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/all-recipes.html

Merry Christmas Nori!
        Thank you, Doser. That site will help a lot. So far, I've done a lot of raw veggies and some fruits and grains; not eating a lot of meat for the last couple of months.
        They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
          What I have found that works for me is using flavor enhancers that have few or zero calories to lean meat/fish as well as zero calorie butter product. Walden farms www.waldenfarms.com has everything from barbecue sauces, salad dressings, coffee creamers, pancake syrups, ketchup, mayos, veggie/chip dips, fruit spreads, Italian sauces, etc ... minus fat and calories.

For a healthy, diabetic friendly soup that can be made within 5 minutes give or take:

If you enjoy soup, Nashua Nutrition (or other similar brands) cream of chicken soup. After cooking the soup, I add a small amount of shredded white chicken and spinach/kaleor Swiss chard and a dash of Parkay Vegetable Oil (0 calories or fat) along w/ pepper, garlic and onion powder. My 73 year old mother even loves this soup even though she doesn’t care for those vegetables.

It’s not so much the dish but rather the ingredients that makes it unhealthy.

Also, this website seems to have a variety of recipes:

https://diabetesstrong.com/recipes/

And thank you, Rusha. Some of the recipes on the second site you gave me look good. I don't know how long it will be before I start trying some of them.

sigpic

Comment

You are welcome. BTW, I found a sugar-free product this week while shopping at Walmart. It’s called G. Hughes.

It offers barbecue and dipping sauces, ketchup, steak sauce and marinades. The orange-ginger marinade and barbecue sauces are pretty good, minus the sugar and calories. The website also offers recipes. So if you are interested, the website is:

www.ghughessugarfree.com
            Last edited by Rusha; March 11th, 2020, 12:54 PM.
            A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
            we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

I was diagnosed with type two 8 years ago. My readings were sky-high. I had some results back yesterday and the nurse was bouncing with excitement. My readings were all in the safe levels. My diet routine is simply eating whatever I like and do so with moderation, gratefulness and without fear.
              I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
              A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
              If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

Working...
              X