T-Rex SOFT TISSUE! YESsss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
When you start with a world-wide flood only a few thousand years ago, something for which there is no evidence, you can predict whatever you want.
I have some background in marine science, his hydroplate theory is a total made up, lets see how insane we have to be to make it fit with Genesis, story.
it doesnt matter what you start with .. it matters how predictive and testable your ideas are.

you may not like hydroplate theory, but theres even less to like about plate tectonics ...

but i've already won that debate in a seperate thread ..

TheDude

stipe said:
nothing 'disproves' evolution to those who are convinced it is fact.

Wow. I never even said I believed evolution. I don't for the record, thanks for asking though. Next time don't assume things, you know how it breaks down from there.

Now that we've gotten over that, how about you explain how this disproves evolution to someone who isn't "convinced it is fact".

TheDude abides.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheDude said:
Wow. I never even said I believed evolution. I don't for the record, thanks for asking though. Next time don't assume things, you know how it breaks down from there. Now that we've gotten over that, how about you explain how this disproves evolution to someone who isn't "convinced it is fact". TheDude abides.
did i put disprove in quotes? i cant remember. anyway .. soft tissue in dino bones arent proof that evolution isnt true. but they sure make the claims and predictions made by evolutionary theory look pretty stupid... not to mention plate tectonics...

TheDude

stipe said:
did i put disprove in quotes? i cant remember. anyway .. soft tissue in dino bones arent proof that evolution isnt true. but they sure make the claims and predictions made by evolutionary theory look pretty stupid... not to mention plate tectonics...

I asked you a question stipe and so far you've done nothing but show your ignorance.

Here maybe this will jog your memory : "nothing 'disproves'".

So, how about you get around to explaining to someone who doesn't buy evolution, how the finding of soft tissue "disproves" evolution.

But more important, how does it prove that the Hebrew god Ywhe is the creator of the planet we live on. Thats a better question you can answer.

How does the finding of soft tissue prove your position to be correct?

Thats two questions I've asked stipe. How about you get around to answering them.

TheDude abides.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheDude said:
I asked you a question stipe and so far you've done nothing but show your ignorance.Here maybe this will jog your memory : "nothing 'disproves'". So, how about you get around to explaining to someone who doesn't buy evolution, how the finding of soft tissue "disproves" evolution. But more important, how does it prove that the Hebrew god Ywhe is the creator of the planet we live on. Thats a better question you can answer. How does the finding of soft tissue prove your position to be correct? Thats two questions I've asked stipe. How about you get around to answering them.TheDude abides.
soft tissue shows that the ages of 70 000 000 years for the bones are ludicrous.
evolution relies on long periods of time to function.
every time evidence for long periods of time is removed it weakens the evidence for evolution.
biblical creation is the only major competing alternative.

finding soft tissue doesnt prove my positio, but it makes the rival a bit weaker.

Jukia

stipe said:
soft tissue shows that the ages of 70 000 000 years for the bones are ludicrous.
Other than comments from your creationist buddies including Pastor Bob, what is your evidence for this statement?

TheDude

stipe said:
evolution relies on long periods of time to function.
every time evidence for long periods of time is removed it weakens the evidence for evolution.

Well, what about the mamoths they found that has useable DNA? I will agree with you though about the 70 million years. I would only place that back maybe 15 to 20 million. But then again, why is it really important to know how old the earth is and how long it took everything to happen? We're here now, how about we deal with that first.

biblical creation is the only major competing alternative.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Now your just showing how uninformed you really are. Come on... please.

finding soft tissue doesnt prove my positio, but it makes the rival a bit weaker.

It doesn't make you any stronger, and it only weakens evolution in your eyes. Others see this as a major boost to their argument. I still would like to know why you think this would in anyway, shape or form, prove your argument. You or any other Christian here, I would really like an answer to that question.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
If you like fairy tales. If you like to ignore the evidence. If you like to be a pretend scientist....

....advocate evolution. :comeout:

No thanks.

TheDude

Shimei said:
....advocate evolution. :comeout:

No thanks.

Shimei, maybe you can tell me how this disproves evolution and proves the existance of the Hebrew god Ywhe as the all powerful creator of the universe.

Just curious. :think:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
TheDude said:
Shimei, maybe you can tell me how this disproves evolution and proves the existance of the Hebrew god Ywhe as the all powerful creator of the universe.

Just curious. :think:

Realizing that the universe was created by intelligent design is the first step!

TheDude

Shimei said:
Realizing that the universe was created by intelligent design is the first step!

You didn't answer my question, and I never said I didn't believe that the universe was created at some point in time.

I asked how this helps prove that Ywhe is the all powerful creator of the universe? Could you please answer this question? I even bolded it for you.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheDude said:
Now your just showing how uninformed you really are. Come on... please.
fine. you provide the framework, research and evidence for a major theory for human origins other than those provided by evolutionary theory or the bible and the point is yours.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
TheDude said:
You didn't answer my question, and I never said I didn't believe that the universe was created at some point in time.

I asked how this helps prove that Ywhe is the all powerful creator of the universe? Could you please answer this question? I even bolded it for you.

If the earth is young and it's characteristics match up with what the Bible says is that not a good start?

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
TheDude said:

Is this evidence for or against old age earth theory? Is evidence for a young earth evidence against naturalism? Is evidence against naturalism evidence for supernaturalism?

Then try answering these:
Is evidence for an old earth evidence for naturalism? Is evidence for naturalism evidence against supernaturalism?

The answer you seek can be found after you correctly answer all these questions.

Johnny

This hilarity is what happens when you learn science FROM MSNBC AND WALT BROWN.I really hope bob is compelled to respond this.

I'm going to quote the research paper by the scientists themselves, and then I'm going to quote Bob Enyart. I want to ask Bob Enyart or one of his followers to tell me what the difference is (but Bob Enyart would be more enjoyable).

Quote Original Paper: "Whether preservation is strictly morphological and the result of some kind of unknown geochemical replacement process or whether it extends to the subcellular and molecular levels is uncertain."

Quote Bob Enyart: "Inside that dinosaur bone, this huge T-rex, they had soft-tissue, blood cells, blood vessels, they had tissue that was flexible."

Notice the scientists uncertainty. Notice Bob Enyart's certianty. I did not see Bob Enyart's name on the research team--did he do further research that we don't know about? By the way, reading the MSNBC sensationlized report does not count as research. Not to downplay the hard work done by Mr. Enyart.

So why were the scientists uncertain? Well, for one, scientists actually follow science in their field. They've heard of the reports of nucleated cells being preserved in 220 million year old amber. They heard the follow up report that said although the cells looked preserved, and even had what appeared to be a preserved nucleus, resin had replaced all of the organic material. They've read the reports of flexible fossilized graptolites that retained none of the original organic material. So in the past we'e seen what appears to be organic material found in really old fossils, but upon closer analysis it turns out to be non-organic.

Here's three more questions for Bob:

(1) Were the organic materials flexible before or after they hydrated them?
(2) Why was DNA not recovered? DNA has been recovered from remnants as old as 10,000 years ago. Please provide your best speculation as to why it was not recovered.
(3) What is the researh team's position?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Johnny said:
This hilarity is what happens when you learn science FROM MSNBC AND WALT BROWN.I really hope bob is compelled to respond this.

I'm going to quote the research paper by the scientists themselves, and then I'm going to quote Bob Enyart. I want to ask Bob Enyart or one of his followers to tell me what the difference is (but Bob Enyart would be more enjoyable).

Quote Original Paper: "Whether preservation is strictly morphological and the result of some kind of unknown geochemical replacement process or whether it extends to the subcellular and molecular levels is uncertain."

Quote Bob Enyart: "Inside that dinosaur bone, this huge T-rex, they had soft-tissue, blood cells, blood vessels, they had tissue that was flexible."

Notice the scientists uncertainty. Notice Bob Enyart's certianty. I did not see Bob Enyart's name on the research team--did he do further research that we don't know about? By the way, reading the MSNBC sensationlized report does not count as research. Not to downplay the hard work done by Mr. Enyart.

So why were the scientists uncertain? Well, for one, scientists actually follow science in their field. They've heard of the reports of nucleated cells being preserved in 220 million year old amber. They heard the follow up report that said although the cells looked preserved, and even had what appeared to be a preserved nucleus, resin had replaced all of the organic material. They've read the reports of flexible fossilized graptolites that retained none of the original organic material. So in the past we'e seen what appears to be organic material found in really old fossils, but upon closer analysis it turns out to be non-organic.

Here's three more questions for Bob:

(1) Were the organic materials flexible before or after they hydrated them?
(2) Why was DNA not recovered? DNA has been recovered from remnants as old as 10,000 years ago. Please provide your best speculation as to why it was not recovered.
(3) What is the researh team's position?

Make the call:

LISTEN LIVE
Mon-Fri at
5 pm ET and again at 6 pm ET!
(The hour-long 6 pm ET show in Iowa includes
the half-hour long 5 pm ET show from Denver!)
Also, you can call in at those times into the
Bob Enyart Live radio show at 1-800-8Enyart.

jhodgeiii

Johnny said:
Do you have updated info on this Johnny? Seems like you're implying that they failed at their attempt to recover DNA. The MSNBC article mentioned that they were in the process of trying to recover DNA, but I know that was over a year ago.

jhodgeiii

Off-topic rant, but...
Johnny said:
So why were the scientists uncertain? Well, for one, scientists actually follow science in their field.
MSNBC said:
The finding certainly shows fossilization does not proceed as science had assumed, Schweitzer said.

This "science" character has been soundling like an academic false God for too long. Are they so afraid to just admit that scientists were wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.