Randy Brown and Brian Rohrbough Expose Columbine Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
CabinetMaker said:
The worst failure of all is that all of the Christian students at Columnbine failed to reach out to the Eric and Dylan.
And when they did reach out, Eric and Dylan shot them.

You might be the biggest bone-head that has ever posted on TOL.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
novice said:

Too little, too late.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
novice said:

I think we've now met THE NICEST of all "Nicer than God" Christians to ever come across this site.

It's all I can do to keep from vomiting at every sick thing he has to say. :vomit:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
I think we've now met THE NICEST of all "Nicer than God" Christians to ever come across this site.

It's all I can do to keep from vomiting at every sick thing he has to say. :vomit:

Sorry Polly, I'm not trying to be nicer than God I'm just trying to figure out what it means to show God's love and Hope to other people. After reading through this thread, if I were a non-christian, I would really wonder why would I want to become one. The replys have been from people who call them selves christians but are full of vicious personal attacs against a fellow christian with a differnt view. Why is that?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
The worst failure of all is that all of the Christian students at Columnbine failed to reach out to the Eric and Dylan.

You are actually blaming Christian students who unfortunately attend a public school?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
You are actually blaming Christian students who unfortunately attend a public school?

Are you blaming the "system"? I blame Eric and Dylan. They made their chices. IF the police had followed up, IF the school had offered more counseling, IF the parents had payed more attention to their sons, IF our Christian students who unfortunately attend public schools had been more inviting, IF IF IF. We will never know if Eric and Dylan would have made different choices. I am not blaming our christian students. I am asking all of us as christians, can we do better showing Christs love to others?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Sorry Polly, I'm not trying to be nicer than God I'm just trying to figure out what it means to show God's love and Hope to other people.
Let me help you with figuring out God's love...

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Let me help you with figuring out God's love...

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

At what point did Eric and Dylan become evil? Reports indicate that they were bullied as they went through school. I don't know what form the bulling took but say it had consisted of their books being pushed from their arms in front of a hall full of people. Everybody in the hall laughs and taunts them. They become angrier and angrier until one day they do become evil. But before that day, what if somebody stopped and helped them collect their books and invited them to a youth group. Our responsibility as parents require us to teach our children, who have accepted Christ, what it means to be Christian. One of the things it means is to take care of the least amoung us. A bullied kid sure seems to fit that description. This is so imporant because in America we are the system. When the system fails it means that we have failed.

Sozo

CabinetMaker said:
Are you blaming the "system"? I blame Eric and Dylan. They made their chices. IF the police had followed up, IF the scholl had offered more counseling, IF the parents had payed more attention to their sons, IF our Christian students who unfortunately attend public shcools had been more inviting, IF IF IF. We will never know if Eric and Dylan would have made different choices. I am not blaming our christian students. I am asking all of us as christians, can we do better showing Christs love to others?

I understand how we can occasionally misspell a word or two when posting, but it's really hilarious when someone misspells the word school, not once but twice and in two different ways.

:chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
At what point did Eric and Dylan become evil?
I don't know, do you?
Reports indicate that they were bullied as they went through school.
Kids get "bullied" at schools everyday.
I don't know what form the bulling took but say it had consisted of their books being pushed from their arms in front of a hall full of people. Everybody in the hall laughs and taunts them. They become angrier and angrier until one day they do become evil.
Wow! That's all it takes eh?

I wonder why I didn't end up a mass murderer? :think:

But before that day, what if somebody stopped and helped them collect their books and invited them to a youth group.
Do you know if that didn't happen?

Our responsibility as parents require us to teach our children, who have accepted Christ, what it means to be Christian. One of the things it means is to take care of the least amoung us. A bullied kid sure seems to fit that description. This is so imporant because in America we are the system. When the system fails it means that we have failed.
I think we can all agree that the system failed (that's very topic of this thread) however, pointing blame at the parents of murdered children because they don't show enough compassion towards the parents of the children who murdered their children (after the fact) seems to be about as off-base as possible.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Are you blaming the "system"? I blame Eric and Dylan. They made their chices. IF the police had followed up, IF the scholl had offered more counseling, IF the parents had payed more attention to their sons, IF our Christian students who unfortunately attend public shcools had been more inviting, IF IF IF. We will never know if Eric and Dylan would have made different choices. I am not blaming our christian students. I am asking all of us as christians, can we do better showing Christs love to others?

If only Eric and Dylan were not taught that they evolved from slime in a godless education system.

If only there were not brought up in a "culture of death" where "natural selection" was not the first rule.

If only Eric and Dylan were taught that we are not automatically forgiven by "nicer than God" Christians.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shimei said:
If only Eric and Dylan were not taught that they evolved from slime in a godless education system.

If only there were not brought up in a "culture of death" where "natural selection" was not the first rule.

If only Eric and Dylan were taught that we are not automatically forgiven by "nicer than God" Christians.

If only we had invited them to youth group! :rolleyes:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I understand how we can occasionally misspell a word or two when posting, but it's really hilarious when someone misspells the word school, not once but twice and in two different ways.

Oops!

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I don't know, do you? Kids get "bullied" at schools everyday. Wow! That's all it takes eh?

I wonder why I didn't end up a mass murderer? :think:

Do you know if that didn't happen?

I think we can all agree that the system failed (that's very topic of this thread) however, pointing blame at the parents of murdered children because they don't show enough compassion towards the parents of the children who murdered their children (after the fact) seems to be about as off-base as possible.

This is kind of a sad reply. You imply that only one incident is all it takes to make a mass murderer. It obviously does not or the world would be full of mass merderes and it is not. The point of the argument was that when we see people who are being miss treated we have a choice. Do we help them or do we join in the teasing. What Would Jesus Do?

I have never once pointed the balme at anybody but Eric and Dylan. I mearly asked if anybody had ever thought that there are two families who are suffering more than others. Before you come back at me with how shallow I am or that I am nicer than God or that I am a total idiot I want you to ask yourself this; If your child had been killed at Columnbine that day how would you feel? No ask yourself this; How would you feel if your child had been the one who killed the other students before killing themself? If your child was the one killed you have a chance of seeing them in heaven, if your child was the one who did the killing you probably will not see them heaven. One family has hope. The other does not. Sharing Gods message means sharing the hope. We can not do anything for Eric and Dylan, but maybe we could set aside our own hurts and offer comfort to those who have none.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:

Pop Quiz! What is the only unforgivable sin in the Bible?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
This was my first thread on TOL. I found it to be a fascinating experience. I asked a question that was bound to stir some controversy. What left me it total amazement were the responses!

I was called a retard, an idiot, a nicer than God Christian, and accused of blaming the parents of the murdered children for the actions of Harris and Kleebold. In all of those replies nobody every addressed the issue.

The replies made use of the Karl Rove tactic of if you can’t address the issue attack the messenger.

So, can any of you address the issues?
Do the Harris and Kleebold families deserve Gods comfort, forgiveness and love or not?

Do Christians have a responsibility to witness to those families and help the through their suffering?

Do our children who are stuck in the Godless public shcools for what ever reason have a duty to God to show Christ's love to all those around them?

koban

CabinetMaker said:
This was my first thread on TOL. I found it to be a fascinating experience. I asked a question that was bound to stir some controversy. What left me it total amazement were the responses!

I was called a retard, an idiot, a nicer than God Christian, and accused of blaming the parents of the murdered children for the actions of Harris and Kleebold. In all of those replies nobody every addressed the issue.

The replies made use of the Karl Rove tactic of if you can’t address the issue attack the messenger.

So, can any of you address the issues?
Do the Harris and Kleebold families deserve Gods comfort, forgiveness and love or not?

Nope

Do Christians have a responsibility to witness to those families and help the through their suffering?

Yep

Do our children who are stuck in the Godless public shcools for what ever reason have a duty to God to show Christ's love to all those around them?

Yep

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:

How about this instead: if they weren't spoiled teenagers with chipped shoulders and neglectful parents (to say nothing of deep seated psychological problems) maybe it wouldn't have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.