Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display.exe: Posted to document the date of my invention

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Granite View Post
    (Nudge.)

    Wake up. Bob has a GM now.
    That's not even remotely new.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Graphite View Post
      That's not even remotely new.
      I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

      Comment


      • Guys, this is some funny stuff but lets not get too far off topic.
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Knight View Post
          Guys, this is some funny stuff but lets not get too far off topic.
          Maybe we wouldn't if Bob would get this show on the road.

          Comment


          • It seems to me that Bob's program has national security implications. I wonder if he's considered that.
            "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

            Comment


            • Originally posted by elohiym View Post
              It seems to me that Bob's program has national security implications. I wonder if he's considered that.
              Bob's program can display every document requested under the Freedom of Information Act!
              Learn to read what is written.

              _____
              The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

              Comment


              • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                Bob's program can display every document requested under the Freedom of Information Act!
                Yeah, but would it ever be able to display documents that have not been released under the FOIA?

                Comment


                • Is it a random pixel generator?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kmoney View Post
                    Maybe we wouldn't if Bob would get this show on the road.
                    Maybe it's not a trick or a trap as you assume it is. Maybe there is no "show" to get on the road.
                    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrRadish View Post
                      Is it a random pixel generator?
                      It isn't that. Bob assured me of that. Yet I think it's similar to a random pixel generator in that it is generating the content without having the data pre-stored anywhere, it does count off screen combinations, but it's not random, if it were random.... we wouldn't get any desirable results. (i.e., pages that make sense)

                      Keep in mind I don't have any inside info here, I'm just going off little tid-bits that Bob has told me.
                      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Knight View Post
                        Maybe it's not a trick or a trap as you assume it is. Maybe there is no "show" to get on the road.
                        By "show" I just meant whatever it ends up being, not necessarily a trick. At this point I believe there is a program. We just need to see it in action to separate fact from fiction.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Graphite View Post
                          Yeah, but would it ever be able to display documents that have not been released under the FOIA?
                          Or more importantly can it output the source code for secret software used by the NSA and other government agencies? If it can, Bob has a BIG problem.
                          "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by elohiym View Post
                            Or more importantly can it output the source code for secret software used by the NSA and other government agencies? If it can, Bob has a BIG problem.
                            But even if it did, would the user of display.exe know what it is? Based on what has been described, I'm not sure they would. The data might be meaningful, but I'm not sure if we KNOW it's meaningful or in what way.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by elohiym View Post
                              Or more importantly can it output the source code for secret software used by the NSA and other government agencies? If it can, Bob has a BIG problem.
                              I haven't seen the software, and Bob has not told me that it can or can't do that (just so you know I'm not stringing you along, here), but I have a sneaking suspicion that it can.

                              We'll see.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kmoney View Post
                                But even if it did, would the user of display.exe know what it is? Based on what has been described, I'm not sure they would. The data might be meaningful, but I'm not sure if we KNOW it's meaningful or in what way.
                                If the user could not know what the output was the software would be useless.

                                And if it could output that, all that matters is that someone (a bad guy) could understand the output.

                                That would compromise national security.
                                "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X