ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Merchant said:
But it's you that thinks I'm wrong I could say your wrong because we disagree but I didn't did I?
I don't think you're wrong. I know you are. Because God is right, and you deny Him. It's as simple as that. Whether or not we disagree is beside the point.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
I don't think you're wrong. I know you are. Because God is right, and you deny Him. It's as simple as that. Whether or not we disagree is beside the point.
Can't see any difference between this and the attitude of Muslim extremists...?

Merchant

Lighthouse said:
So because I don't beleive in the same god that you do it automatically makes me wrong?
And how do you know I 'deny' god, god is just a label. Several religions 'refer' to god in the same or different ways in different ways. I believe in god just not yours that's the only 'right' one.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Merchant said:
So because I don't beleive in the same god that you do it automatically makes me wrong?
No. It's your denial of the One true God.

And how do you know I 'deny' god, god is just a label. Several religions 'refer' to god in the same or different ways in different ways. I believe in god just not yours that's the only 'right' one.
You have just shown that you deny the One and Only God, the Living God.

fool

Hall of Fame
Did someone say being gay was illegal?

From Wiki;
Massachusetts has recognized same-sex marriage since 2004. Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey and California have created legal unions that, while not called marriages, are explicitly defined as offering all the rights and responsibilities of marriage under state law to same-sex couples. Maine, Hawaii and the District of Columbia have created legal unions for same-sex couples that offer varying subsets of the rights and responsibilities of marriage under the laws of those jurisdictions.

Also,
You can get married at 13 in New Hampshire.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
Come now, that's lowering yourself. Please, point out how you and they differ in the fundamentals? Both believe they are irrevocably right, similarly unconcerned with the opinions of those who aren't enlightened to your particular God, whatever you feel that your God calls for you stand for with vehemence, rarely feeling the need to stretch beyond 'you're blind, but I can see' as a defense from unbeliever's criticisms.

I really see no difference. If you thought in the bible it had told you to go and blow yourself up, killing people who hadn't wronged you in the process, I'm sorry to say that I'd expect you to be hopping around with explosives strapped on. Thank Goodness your chosen deity only calls for the execution of homosexuals.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Come now, that's lowering yourself. Please, point out how you and they differ in the fundamentals? Both believe they are irrevocably right, similarly unconcerned with the opinions of those who aren't enlightened to your particular God, whatever you feel that your God calls for you stand for with vehemence, rarely feeling the need to stretch beyond 'you're blind, but I can see' as a defense from unbeliever's criticisms.

I really see no difference. If you thought in the bible it had told you to go and blow yourself up, killing people who hadn't wronged you in the process, I'm sorry to say that I'd expect you to be hopping around with explosives strapped on. Thank Goodness your chosen deity only calls for the execution of homosexuals.
You're an idiot. Today in history was a bad day.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
You're an idiot. Today in history was a bad day.
Definitions of Ad Hominem on the Web:

* appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
ww2.aps.edu/users/apsedumain/CurriculumInstruction/glossary.htm

* A fallacy that attacks the person rather than dealing with the real issue in dispute.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/007256296x/student_view0/glossary.html

* attacking your opponent personally rather than her/his argument. Ad hominem is fallacious argumentation.
www.tmsdebate.org/main/forensics/glossary.htm

* an argument "against the man" or person. This is a device employed to attack not the issues but rather the one you are arguing with, especially on a personal level or basis. It is usually employed by those whose arguments are weak.
library.sebts.edu/smadden/cross/terms.htm

* when people can't find fault with an argument, they sometimes attack the arguer, substituting irrelevant assertions about that person's character for an analysis of the argument itself.
home.olemiss.edu/~gbrown/reserve/fallacies_and_causes.htm

You oughtn't to struggle so much in actually replying to me you know...

Last edited:

Kimberlyann

icilian fenner said:
Definitions of Ad Hominem on the Web:

* appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
ww2.aps.edu/users/apsedumain/CurriculumInstruction/glossary.htm

* A fallacy that attacks the person rather than dealing with the real issue in dispute.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/007256296x/student_view0/glossary.html

* attacking your opponent personally rather than her/his argument. Ad hominem is fallacious argumentation.
www.tmsdebate.org/main/forensics/glossary.htm

* an argument "against the man" or person. This is a device employed to attack not the issues but rather the one you are arguing with, especially on a personal level or basis. It is usually employed by those whose arguments are weak.
library.sebts.edu/smadden/cross/terms.htm

* when people can't find fault with an argument, they sometimes attack the arguer, substituting irrelevant assertions about that person's character for an analysis of the argument itself.
home.olemiss.edu/~gbrown/reserve/fallacies_and_causes.htm

You oughtn't to struggle so much in actually replying to me you know...

:thumb:

I especially like it when they get creative and use words like idiot and moron.

Lon

Knight said:
Well of course that's a flat out falsehood but it's also irrelevant.

Just because someone "can't change" doesn't make it OK. Kleptomaniacs , cereal killers and many other groups have been studied and found to have had genetic traits that have helped lead to their behavior. Yet stealing and murder are still wrong even though these folks "can't change".

Cereal killer?

startrek_cereal_big.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.