ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JadeTigress said:
sometimes I think I'm more of a Christian than some Christians...and I'm a witch.
If you knew more about Christianity you wouldn't say that.

Yet as Paul says....

But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant. - 1 Corinthians 14:38

JadeTigress

Knight said:
If you knew more about Christianity you wouldn't say that.

Yet as Paul says....

But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant. - 1 Corinthians 14:38

Actually, my father is a pastor, and I've been raised with Christianity. I know plenty about it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JadeTigress said:
Actually, my father is a pastor, and I've been raised with Christianity. I know plenty about it.
Many Pastors know very little about the Bible, apparently your father falls into that category.

red77

Knight said:
God says...

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7

We are who we are, you cannot separate us from our actions. Our actions are what define us.

In that case we're all liars because at some point we all tell falsehoods, yet at others we will tell the truth, as human beings we're (for the most part) a mixture of positive and negative, if I steal a loaf of bread at some point then for that period I am a thief, if I pay my due and never steal anything again am I still a thief? I think it comes down to God knowing the hearts of men, something in which we could never do and why I do not think that we're called to judge or demean other people...

JadeTigress

red77 said:
In that case we're all liars because at some point we all tell falsehoods, yet at others we will tell the truth, as human beings we're (for the most part) a mixture of positive and negative, if I steal a loaf of bread at some point then for that period I am a thief, if I pay my due and never steal anything again am I still a thief? I think it comes down to God knowing the hearts of men, something in which we could never do and why I do not think that we're called to judge or demean other people...

I like you, red.

I have to go for a little bit, but I'll be back for more discussion later.

Fnord5

Knight said:
Many Pastors know very little about the Bible, apparently your father falls into that category.
As do you. That passage from 1 Corinthians was in reference to those that think they are prophets.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
red77 said:
Really?! How so?
Well, for instance there are actually Pastors out there that are so incredibly stupid they under-cut the gospel by teaching people that eternal punishment does not exist! Can you believe that?

Now THAT is really stupid.

red77

Knight said:
Well, for instance there are actually Pastors out there that are so incredibly stupid they under-cut the gospel by teaching people that eternal punishment does not exist! Can you believe that?

Now THAT is really stupid.

Well, not wishing to take this thread off on a tangent but if these pastors actually think that God is all loving/merciful/knowing and that he works all things in accordance with his will and is 100% succesful in being the saviour of the world then yep, that must really be stupid....
after all, having billions of people in a perpetual state of agonising torment makes SO much more sense...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
JadeTigress said:
While I may not agree with what they've chosen to do, they're still people, and, to me, are still deserving of love.

That's sick!

:down:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
red77 said:
Well, not wishing to take this thread off on a tangent but if these pastors actually think that God is all loving/merciful/knowing and that he works all things in accordance with his will and is 100% succesful in being the saviour of the world then yep, that must really be stupid....
after all, having billions of people in a perpetual state of agonising torment makes SO much more sense...
Mercy cannot exist if punishment doesn't exist.

Is God merciful?

darkshadow2247

Knight said:
Actually you are dead wrong.

Loving EVERYTHING is wicked.

God says....

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor [hate] what is evil. Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9
Not hardly. Loving a homosexual lifestyle, that is wicked. Loving a human being for the sake of them being human is not.

Last edited:

ItsJester

This thread started as a logical discussion, and this will be my first and only post on this site as I am a truly logical thinker.

I will argue nothing with that has been presented.

Any attempt to sway the minds of those who live to contort our world into their own vision of an ideal society, would make me just as wrong in my own endeavor to live as freely as I choose for myself.

I would love to argue, but none of you are any more worth that time in my life than it would be to stop another man from loving another man, or prying a lonely farmboy off of his favorite sheep.

Have fun everyone.. worrying so much about a world that you have no hope in changing.

patman

Fnord5 said:
That is not my belief, that was a Justification for it.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Kight's gotcha on this, your logic is off. So why stick to a belief when your justification for it is soooooo..... flawed??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm just confused....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please don't make me click this button again ----> :confused:

One Eyed Jack

JadeTigress said:
Exactly, and if you punish them and help them to realize that those actions are wrong, they might not do them anymore.

If we put rapists and child molestors to death, we don't have to worry whether or not they'll commit any more crimes -- they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.