X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman
    replied
    Putting this thread in the archive under oddities. Interesting study in bait and switch by the OP. Her target though, is very gracious, calm and level headed.

The bait is laid in the OP. The switch you will find here

Leave a comment:

• Sherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    John 8:24 and Matthew 16:24 ... Because Romans 5:8

Matthew 7:1f, 2

And one of the most difficult teachings of Jesus that I feel I am now obligated to follow... (Mark 6:11)

@Sherman ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with @Lon and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of @Lon condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like @meshak thought it would ... was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

@Eagles Wings and @Ask Mr. Religion ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?
    Your assessment is accurate. This is a veiled callout and soapbox. This is turned into another soapbox on the 'evils' of belonging to a 'mainstream' church and believing in the trinity. She didn't really want dialog. Lon has been very gracious with her and yet she kept smacking his hands so to speak. With this last post, I am going to lock this thread, unless Lon messages me and desires to add more replies. Then I will reopen the thread.

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied

And one of the most difficult teachings of Jesus that I feel I am now obligated to follow... (Mark 6:11)

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] thought it would ... and was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?

thanks,

good day.

Leave a comment:

• Evil.Eye.<(I)>
    replied
    Originally posted by meshak View Post
    have a good day, dear.
    Lon,
    Thank you for giving me opportunity to discuss what Jesus says about Christianity.
    My first question to you is:
    1) what does Jesus say about how to become His disciple or follower?
    Thank you again.

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ... I can't believe I'm saying this... This is a loosely guised callout thread. I would like to make peace with [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and the Calvinists by doing what I have accused them of publicly...

I believe ToL has "rules" about Name dropping, callout threads. If this party of [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] condemnation that didn't turn out exactly like [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] thought it would ... was magically locked because of ToL policy... I would say it's because of ... (Jude 1:12) and it's clear accuracy in the matter of the OP's author.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] ... I know we don't see eye to eye, but ... am I the only one that sees this?

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Lon is using tact and he has that right. I have grown to appreciate his modes of communication. Could you please verify with me that you have no intention of sharing your spiritual heart, but merely pointing fingers at mine?

have a good day, dear.

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Forgive me Meshak, or don't. If I am willing to open my spiritual heart in discussion with you, but you feel it's okay to not open yours and "judge" mine while your at it... what is the point in acknowledging anything that comes from your mouth, mind, heart or "spirit"?
    You have right to your judgment and opinions like everyone else.

peace

Leave a comment:

• Evil.Eye.<(I)>
    replied
    Lon, if you have something to say to me about what I said in this thread, say it in public, please.

thanks.
    Lon is using tact and he has that right. I have grown to appreciate his modes of communication. Could you please verify with me that you have no intention of sharing your spiritual heart, but merely pointing fingers at mine?

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Lon, if you have something to say to me about what I said in this thread, say it in public, please.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Evil.Eye.<(I)>
    replied
    We all read the Bible differently. I have confidence in mine and I know everyone else does too.

That's why I don't quote verses. I use Jesus' wisdom for discernment.

What I see is so many of us misuse or abuse the verses.

It is so disgraceful.
    Forgive me Meshak, or don't. If I am willing to open my spiritual heart in discussion with you, but you feel it's okay to not open yours and "judge" mine while your at it... what is the point in acknowledging anything that comes from your mouth, mind, heart or "spirit"?

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Okay... I'm being sincere here. I am trying one more time to avoid being difficult towards you. I am passing up the opportunity of a lifetime in not speaking my mind on what you have said here. What is your message in this "Hello Lon" OP?
    Most churches don't pay much respect or honor Jesus' word or teachings.

Trinity doctrine is their main doctrin and it is not even Jesus' word.

Christians are supposed to be Jesus' followers.

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Mashek,

i would discuss God with you in any way you would desire. i was trying to focus on God. If you do not desire to share, how can anyone have a 2 way discussion with you? You can trample over my convictions to your hearts content, and I'll simply quote scripture, come back swinging and look for a possible error in what I am saying.

Is this a bad thing?
    We all read the Bible differently. I have confidence in mine and I know everyone else does too.

That's why I don't quote verses. I use Jesus' wisdom for discernment.

What I see is so many of us misuse or abuse the verses.

It is so disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• Evil.Eye.<(I)>
    replied
    I have confidence in my judgments.

It is not personal.
    Okay... I'm being sincere here. I am trying one more time to avoid being difficult towards you. I am passing up the opportunity of a lifetime in not speaking my mind on what you have said here. What is your message in this "Hello Lon" OP?

Leave a comment:

• Evil.Eye.<(I)>
    replied
    Nope.

You make new thread I may participate.

But I do not debate my convictions or beliefs.

So don't make it just for me.
    Mashek,

i would discuss God with you in any way you would desire. i was trying to focus on God. If you do not desire to share, how can anyone have a 2 way discussion with you? You can trample over my convictions to your hearts content, and I'll simply quote scripture, come back swinging and look for a possible error in what I am saying.

Is this a bad thing?

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
    All you do is judge others
    I have confidence in my judgements.

It is not personal.

Leave a comment:

• meshak
    replied
    Would you be interested in discussing this aspect of the matter? And can we label this "Omnipresence"?
    Nope.

You make new thread I may participate.

But I do not debate my convictions or beliefs.

So don't make it just for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X