The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

Kevin

Dan37,

Kevin, the more you wright, the worse you get. Your ignorance of the new birth is proff that you do not know Christ. You have no credibility to correct Freak.

Is that the best you can do? Hardly worth a response...

Kevin

Freak,

Kevin, do you believe that all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God, in light of Romans 3?

Well of course! Now, how about answering the questions that I posed to you about those verses regarding the keeping of His commandments?

Kevin

Dan37,

Kevin, What is your view of the commandments of Christ?

My view? My view is that we are to obey them, and if we don't obey them, then we are liars, and the truth is not in us (1John 2:4). It's a pretty simple view.

c.moore

Hello Kevin

you said:Yes it is. Agreed. Notice what you said: "... led by the Spirit of God and WE do what the Spirit says...". You just proved my point that "WE" are the ones who do what the Spirit says, NOT JESUS.

Quote c.moore
But I do not on my own but I have the grace of God that helps me to obey the Spirit, and I love doing it because Jesus is in me .
When I mention Jesus doing the work for me I was meaning like the principle of wearing a glove or putting on your clothes, the cloths does nothing only when you get in them , they come alive and move and work, the same is with Jesus when He is in us like God is in Jesus, and that why I do what I do.

Is this the same with you Kevin, or are you solo????

God bless you

Apollos

T-U-L-I-P or not Freak???

T-U-L-I-P or not Freak???

Freak -

Where is the exegesis on Romans 3??? Tha's the trouble with those in error like you - I ask you a question or for information and you give nothing in return. You expect us to just take your word for your nonsense I guess.

But then, according to you, man is totally "depraved" so it would not do any good anyway - would it? (I guess that is why I can't "see" why we cannot do anything good without Christ - whatever you really mean by this.)

C'mon Freak - put up or at least sit on the sidelines and shut up!

(Are you really a Calvinist ?)

Last edited:

Kevin

c.moore,

First, I want to apologize for coming accross so rough in my previous post to you. I get into "debate mode" and I can come off as rude. Sorry about that, I'll try to work on it. :)

Is this the same with you Kevin, or are you solo????

No, I'm certainly not solo on this, or I'd be in bad shape! As I've said before, I can go to God in prayer and ask for faith and strength, which certainly does help me keep His commandments. All I'm trying to say is that while we can receive the exhortation and strength from God to keep the commandments, it is still ultimately up to us to do the commandments.

I would liken it to a teacher/student relationship. The teacher is going to assist the student in every way that the teacher can so that the student will succeed and prosper in his/her studies and work. However, when it comes down to doing the work, it is completely up to the student, not the teacher. It is the student who will do the studying, do the worksheets, and take the tests. As mentioned earlier, the teacher will help the student in anyway he can so help the student's chances, but it is ultimately up to the student to actually do the work.

The same applies to the commandments of Christ. We can recieve loads of faith from God, which will certainly play a major role in us keeping the commandments, but Christ is not going to do it for us, which is why I showed you all those verses relating to keeping the commandments of Christ. Every single verse show that we are the ones who are to keep His commandments, not Christ.

Last edited:

Evangelion

Apollos - all OSAS believers are Calvinists at heart. Some of them know it and deny it; others never knew it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Kevin

Sweet!

Sweet!

I got the smiley that I requested! Woo hoo!!! ------> :doh:

Ok... we now return you to the normal broadcast :)

c.moore

Hello Kevin

I didn`t think you came off to strong to me i accept your apology,and I see that this is a good fruit from you that you are human and we as human can make failures and we as christian which I know you are can humble ourselves and be gentle praise God for that.:up:

Kevin did you understand what I meant about us putting on a working clove, or working clothes, and only when we are in the clothes the clothes can do live works??

If we take off the clothes or working clove the things are dead get my point and this what I think about doing works,and I do the works because Jesus is IN me and that why I said Jesus does the works.

Of course when some little kid for instance watches a puppet show they think the puppet is real and the puppet is doing the moving , put it`s the hand inside or tghe string attached to the puppet that does the work, I hope this example can explain better were I coming from.
This is my understand of Christ in me, and being led by the Spirit.

God bless you

Kevin

c.moore,

I didn`t think you came off to strong to me

Ok, glad to hear it.

If we take off the clothes or working clove the things are dead get my point and this what I think about doing works,and I do the works because Jesus is IN me and that why I said Jesus does the works.

:confused:

Of course when some little kid for instance watches a puppet show they think the puppet is real and the puppet is doing the moving , put it`s the hand inside or tghe string attached to the puppet that does the work, I hope this example can explain better were I coming from.

But you see, a puppet is an inanimate object which has no life and is powerless to do anything at all. If you told a puppet to keep the commandments, it wouldn't be possible for that to happen.

On the other hand we are living beings certainly capable of keeping the commandments, or else Jesus wouldn't expect them of us. Again, the verses I pointed out clearly show that we are the ones who are responsible for keeping the commandments. Do agree with me that those verses are all refering to man keeping the commandmetns of Christ?

agape

Originally posted by Evangelion
all OSAS believers are Calvinists at heart. Some of them know it and deny it; others never knew it in the first place. :rolleyes:
I John 5:13 - "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Well I guess John was a Calvanist too!...but he never knew it... :D

c.moore

Quote Kevin
Do agree with me that those verses are all refering to man keeping the commandmetns of Christ?

quopte c.moore
I do agree those scripture say we should do them "but" not for salvation!

that not biblical to work for salvation, because you cancel out grace Kevin.

What do you think this mean Ro:11:6: And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work???

peace

agape

Originally posted by c.moore
What do you think this mean Ro:11:6: And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work???
Great verse c.moore! :up:

Evangelion

Anyone ready to tell me why the household of Cornelius was baptised in water, despite having already received the Holy Spirit? No?

Never mind. :)

Kevin

Evangelion,

Anyone ready to tell me why the household of Cornelius was baptised in water, despite having already received the Holy Spirit? No?

Never mind.

The silence is deafening, isn't it! :)