Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

You have to remember that everything-including hard science- is hearsay unless you're willing to learn yourself.

This appllies equally to your theological views as well. That is exactly why we must employ rigorous research as well as sound logical analysis. From my experience scientists pretty much have you beat on this regard when dealing with science. So if your theological views contradict science, then you would need to supply a compelling argument of why we should take your word on this.

illusionray

This appllies equally to your theological views as well. That is exactly why we must employ rigorous research as well as sound logical analysis. From my experience scientists pretty much have you beat on this regard when dealing with science. So if your theological views contradict science, then you would need to supply a compelling argument of why we should take your word on this.
What on earth are you talking about? I've already said it applies to everything. I've been learning science my whole life, stuff you probably just take for granted and have no evidence for.

noguru

What on earth are you talking about? I've already said it applies to everything. I've been learning science my whole life, stuff you probably just take for granted and have no evidence for.

What on earth are you talking about? Do you have any idea what I have researched in my life?

If you agree it applies to everything then why the opposition to my comments?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Basically though, None of your Science is going to do you a bit of good when it comes to Jesus' returning. Tell Him He didn't have enough evidence for you to believe in Him. He will wipe the smile right off your face.

Sincerely,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

I've had a lot of experiences in my long life. I'm going to be 58 this Oct. 12th. My back and neck hurt, and I take pain pills, but I still manage to find a bit of time to get on the puter. I have lost one and 1/2 inches in my height because my vertebrae have settled, something you'll never understand because you won't probably get to that age. I am disabled and retired, but with age, comes wisdom. You can bet your sweet butt that I'm not lacking in wisdom and you'll find that out with some passing of time. I have this feeling that the years 2013 or 2014 will bring you to your knees, literally, to worship His return. And all of your Science and everything you believe in will be rocked to it's foundation. Mark my words.

Just a note,

MichaelC

P.S. Yes, I know that no one knows the day and hour when He will return. I haven't said that and I don't want to hear it again. Just figure out what you're going to say to Him instead of your tiring arguments. And Thank You, illusionray!!

alwight

The consequences of getting that wrong are quite considerable you know. For some reason it seems you've made up your mind before actually doing any research at all. You have to remember that everything-including hard science- is hearsay unless you're willing to learn yourself.
I made a falsifiable statement that there is no evidence of any global flood, by all means falsify it if you can. :plain:
How do you know how much research I've done? :sherlock:

alwight

Get out of here, you've just left Uni and never had a job so you've told me, don't try to play the old soldier. :chuckle:

alwight

Dear All,

I've had a lot of experiences in my long life. I'm going to be 58 this Oct. 12th. My back and neck hurt, and I take pain pills, but I still manage to find a bit of time to get on the puter. I have lost one and 1/2 inches in my height because my vertebrae have settled, something you'll never understand because you won't probably get to that age. I am disabled and retired, but with age, comes wisdom. You can bet your sweet butt that I'm not lacking in wisdom and you'll find that out with some passing of time. I have this feeling that the years 2013 or 2014 will bring you to your knees, literally, to worship His return. And all of your Science and everything you believe in will be rocked to it's foundation. Mark my words.

Just a note,

MichaelC

P.S. Yes, I know that no one knows the day and hour when He will return. I haven't said that and I don't want to hear it again. Just figure out what you're going to say to Him instead of your tiring arguments. And Thank You, illusionray!!
Another old soldier. :rolleyes:
Michael, you poor old sod, how do you manage to get up in the morning?
I'm 62 btw and therefore apparently have even more wisdom than you do.
If you can still wield a putter(?) then there are many often younger people than you in a far worse state who don't get visited by angels explaining that their ordeals will soon be over. :plain:

gcthomas

Basically though, None of your Science is going to do you a bit of good when it comes to Jesus' returning. Tell Him He didn't have enough evidence for you to believe in Him. He will wipe the smile right off your face.

Sincerely,

Michael

Loads of people already claim to be the second coming. The usual response is to back away slowly and call in the men in white coats.

illusionray

I made a falsifiable statement that there is no evidence of any global flood, by all means falsify it if you can. :plain:
It was directed at your last sentence, not about Noah's Ark. And it wasn't a global flood, it was one town that was flooded, nor can it be proved directly either.

illusionray

Get out of here, you've just left Uni and never had a job so you've told me
Huh? I didn't say that, I've worked for some of the biggest firms around in the last few years :confused: And it is true, I have been learning science my whole life. What did you study? If I were to hazard a guess it would probably be a soft subject. You see, age doesn't matter because the fact is, most older people have not studied science to that level. They like talking about it, but they haven't actually studied it.

illusionray

Loads of people already claim to be the second coming. The usual response is to back away slowly and call in the men in white coats.
There is an easy method to figure out if someone really is the prophet they claim to be or not. It's called a 'swearing off', basically a showdown between the one making the claim and and one who rejects it that the liar will have the curse of God upon them.

Jukia

There is an easy method to figure out if someone really is the prophet they claim to be or not. It's called a 'swearing off', basically a showdown between the one making the claim and and one who rejects it that the liar will have the curse of God upon them.

And how do we tell who has the curse of God on them? Some sort of physical sign? Else it doesn't seem very easy to determine who is lying.

illusionray

And how do we tell who has the curse of God on them? Some sort of physical sign? Else it doesn't seem very easy to determine who is lying.
It will be extremely easy to see who has God's curse on them, in fact, that is the whole point, to see plainly and clearly who the liar is. It would defeat the whole purpose if the signs were subtle. As an example of a real swearing off that took place, the loser died less than a year afterwards vomiting and defecating at the same time on his death bed. The catholic papacy has been challenged numerous times throughout the last few decades by Muslim scholars from around the world to challenge the papacy's claim that he is God's representative on earth, they have always declined. It's not surprising, they want to avoid humiliation in front of a global audience.

Jukia

It will be extremely easy to see who has God's curse on them, in fact, that is the whole point, to see plainly and clearly who the liar is. It would defeat the whole purpose if the signs were subtle. As an example of a real swearing off that took place, the loser died less than a year afterwards vomiting and defecating at the same time on his death bed. The catholic papacy has been challenged numerous times throughout the last few decades by Muslim scholars from around the world to challenge the papacy's claim that he is God's representative on earth, they have always declined. It's not surprising, they want to avoid humiliation in front of a global audience.

So rather than showing immediately who is lying your god waited a year and the alleged liar died of some ailment that you cannot tie to the swearing off.

Wow, another TOL poster who needs to get me the name of his source for good drugs.

noguru

More bluster and false baravado from some here. The plain fact is that those who seek real truth are doing God's will. Those who seek to deceive (whether or not intentional) are doing their creator a disservice. Science, because it is a human endeavor, is fallible. It is similar to a principle in 12 step programs. "We seek progress not perfection". Because once someone thinks they are perfect (and this is supported by scripture as well) then they have deceived themselves and then possibly others. You cannot deceive God. Those here who are unwilling to let science procede in its progress are deceiving themselves. The rest of us must be very careful to not let them deceive us.

I am 48 by the way, and I strongly suspect (even with my limited years) that 58 year old Michael is full of bull feces. His claims and associated taunting seem to be nothing but false bravado.

alwight

It was directed at your last sentence, not about Noah's Ark. And it wasn't a global flood, it was one town that was flooded, nor can it be proved directly either.
You're being a bit slippery now imo or trying to be :AMR:.
Here is my last sentence:
As long as what comes is as real as your supposed Global flood then actual reality won't be affected any by it. I don't believe in Christianity or any other religion because imo none are compellingly evidenced or likely to be true, all religions are human constructs whether or not any gods do exist.
Clearly you interjected in my comments regarding the supposed global flood of Noah, but now it seems that you don't believe that a global flood happened any more than I do, so whatever your point was now rather escapes me, do you have one? :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.