Nicer than God!

beanieboy

Originally posted by Shimei

You better do it while you are alive, DUH!

That's not what Clete wants.

It's kind of Hitler-esque.
I'm sure Jews had the small window of time to come to Jesus, but I'm sure it made them turn more to Yahweh.

He wants total control.
He wants everyone to believe what he believes, and those who don't will be eliminated.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by beanieboy

In that vein, how can one reach out to the unsaved by not associating with them?

You love them enough to warn them.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

That's not what Clete wants.

It's kind of Hitler-esque.
I'm sure Jews had the small window of time to come to Jesus, but I'm sure it made them turn more to Yahweh.

He wants total control.
He wants everyone to believe what he believes, and those who don't will be eliminated.

Clete would like a government that is based on Biblical principles. Murder and adultery and homosexuality would be a crime with the punishment of death. Those who are charged with those crimes can still come to know Jesus before they are put to death.

It would not be a crime to deny Jesus and you would not have to be a Christian.

beanieboy

But isn't not believing in Jesus or being a Christian something that would make a soul live eternally in hell?

So, why is that not a crime?

And would disobedient children also be put to death, according to OT law?

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

Nice attitude. You and the Spanish inquisitors would have gotten along famously.

Why is it that Enyart's defenders get hysterical and froth at the mouth the minute someone takes him to task? This guy sticks his neck out every single day. He's going to get some flak. Deal with it.

:thumb:

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

You missunderstood what I meant when I said that. I know he disagrees with Bob's position. What I don't understand is how he get Bob's position so backward! He is arguing against things that neither I nor Bob have said or advocate. It is literally as if he hasn't read the article.

Ah I see.
Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Turbo

So I take it you are against capital punishment altogether.

You also said, "It is God's place to pose judgement. Not mine, not yours, and not the governement."

Just to clarify, should the government punish any criminals in any way?

Should the government even categorize any actions as "criminal?"

I'd have to say no. :)
But then again I don't think there should be a government..

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Duder

Beanieboy -

I have no idea what your sexual orientation is - but in responce to attacks and accusations against alleged homosexuals . . . well, I feel like drawing such ridiculous attacks on myself - not out any martyr wish, but out of sympathy for the attacked. So, I believe that the gay community will not mind too much if I declare myself an honorary homosexual.

As an honorary homosexual, I will stand with my brothers when the Sozos and the Jeffersons and the Cletes attack them. Heck, I might even take my wife and kids and go down to the next Gay Pride parade. And I will offer prayers on behalf of the homophobes, who don't know what they are doing.

I call upon all good Christian and non-Christian men to join me in becoming honorary homosexuals. For "inasmuch as you do it unto them, you do it unto me."

I'm with you in this one Duder! :D

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by lighthouse

Bull****! Yes homosexual acts disgust me, but the creations of God themselves I am not disgusted by, anymore than I am disgusted by myself. [I have my own perversions that I am dealing with by trusting in God to deal with them] I agree with your first post, at least the part I read, but loving your neighbor means something. And the fact that your only mention of God is that He is their enemy, or that they don't deserve to...you know what you typed...is sad and pathetic! Not once does that statement above mention that God loves them or that He died for them, or that He did not create them for such depravity and He wants to save them and change their hearts and minds to His will, so that they will want to live according to His will, so they can be His forever, in Paradise with Him. I wonder who you've made twice the son of hell, that you are...

Let's give this rational one a round of applause! :thumb:

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned

But isn't not believing in Jesus or being a Christian something that would make a soul live eternally in hell?

People like to call other people criminals and down other people's ways of life. This is mainly because people want to be right. But in the same token, people want to be accepted for their falts. This is mainly because people want to be loved. This is why Christians look down on homosexuality but will divorce their spouses if the money gets low. And they'll still consider themselves good Christians.

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

"You make me sick! I want to vomit when you get near me or my family! You deserve execution you filthy discusting perfert! God is your enemy and so am I! Get away from me! You don't deserve to see God's sun light reflecting off my face!"

This is the height of arrogance and a sickening display of vanity.

And we all know who loves Vanity! :D

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because not accepting Jesus and judging souls is for God to administer and judge. Murder and homosexuality are crimes that God administered man to judge through the system of government.

Exodus 21:15
"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:17
"And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned

Mateo,

I don't remember you ever having posted something that was completely stupid until now. Two in a row!

Please try to stay on topic!

Criminal justice and social stigmas against perverted behavior have nothing to do with religious legalism. I’m not talking about what it takes for them to be saved. Even a Christian who commits adultery should be executed if convicted and that's whether they repent or not. And today in a society that will not even prosecute them, they should not even be associated with until they repent.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I have to agree with you Clete. If you're gonna pick at it, take it all the way! :thumb:

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned

I appreciate the intent of you post but I very much disagree with it.
Would you invite a murderer into your home? Or a rapist?
Are you not in agreement with God, that such men should be executed? God has commanded the governing officials to execute homosexuals and adulterers and murderers and the like. Would you have us allow them to play catch at the local park with our children?
NO! They are criminals! And treating them otherwise does them no favor and destroys the fabric of our society! I have no quarrel with the Bible saying not to repay evil for evil, I just that I think that being nice to criminals is evil! Evil people should be told that they are evil. If they act as if that information is sinking in THEN you tell them that there is hope in Christ for even them. But attempting to get someone saved before they have any idea that what they are doing is wrong is putting the cart before the horse and is counterproductive in about a dozen different ways, not the least of which is that it puts your family at risk!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Did not Jesus dine with beggars - who were criminals, prostitutes - who were criminals, and does He not have two thieves beside His throne, the two who believed in Him as He died on the cross? It seems to me that you're wanting to pick and choose which Bible verses to use, so that you can further your position and down the position of others.

Nietzschean

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Shimei

All sins are not equal.

Is murder worse than stealing a candy bar?

John 19:11
Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."
Nice way to take it out of context! So let it forever be known that delivering the Saviour Jesus Christ - if you ever get the chance - is the worst possible sin you could do! Actually we can't even say that, since the Bible verse is comparing THAT sin to a SPECIFIC other sin. Nice way to take the Scriptures out of context!

:thumb::chuckle: