Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Poly

Knight, why do hands get pruney if they've been in the water too long?
Your skin absorbs moisture. When your skin absorbs moisture it expands like a sponge. When your skin expands it must wrinkle to make room for its larger size. :)

drbrumley

Originally posted by Knight

Your skin absorbs moisture. When your skin absorbs moisture it expands like a sponge. When your skin expands it must wrinkle to make room for its larger size. :)

Its a conspiracy I tell ya!!!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great... Now Knights going to be conducting experiment on Ava. He's probably got the crisper full of water as I write this.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Great... Now Knights going to be conducting experiment on Ava. He's probably got the crisper full of water as I write this.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll sub for Knight on this one.

It's just like posting an image in the shoutbox. Just use the IMG code:
[ IMG]http://www.whereveryoustoredyoursigimage.com/sigimage.jpg[/IMG]

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow

vernix caseosa

Watch your mouth, young lady!! :sozo2:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

Like maybe there was a secondborn?
Absolutely... And then some.

• After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days. John 2:12

While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, "Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You."

But He answered and said to the one who told Him, [jesus]"Who is My mother and who are My brothers?"[/jesus] And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, [jesus]"Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother." [/jesus] Matthew 12:46-50, (see also Mark 3:32-35, Luke 8:19-21)

Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?" So they were offended at Him. Mark 6:3

Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
    But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. Galatians 1:18-19

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: Jude 1

Mr. 5020

But the big Catholic lady down here says that the Bible says "brothers" because there is no Greek word for "cousin." What say you?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even if that's so, it doesn't mean that "brother" always means "cousin." (Jude calls James his brother. Does that mean they were just cousins too?) And it wouldn't make sense for it to mean "cousin" in the context of those verses either. For instance, why was Mary be hanging around with a bunch of her nieces and nephews in Matthew 12?

Also, the scoffers of Mark 6:3 were making a point that Jesus didn't have the authority to teach because He was just some carpenter's son like these others. Listing Christ's cousins would be irrelevant to that point, especially since Jesus' actual cousin, John the Baptist, also preached boldly and was the son of a priest. But John is not named as Christ's brother in Mark 6:3, or anywhere else in Scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.