Dialogos POTD 1-3-2013 That's What I'm Talking About

sky.

BANNED
Banned
QUOTE=Dialogos;3315768]Dave, you have created a false dilemma.

Of course God is outside of time. If you believe that time is the measurement of any real causal process then you must recognize that God had to have existed prior to that process in order for Him to be the Creator of that process.

For those of us who believe that God is truly eternal, His interaction with those who are not outside of time does not mean that He is bound by time.

Take a man who invents a card game for example. That man existed prior to the founding of the rules of the game, that does not mean he can't play the game with others. To suggest such a thing is to create a false dilemma.

Take a man who creates to an electric car. He existed logically prior to the car, that doesn't mean He can't get in the car and drive it.

Being the inventor of the game or the inventor of the car does not keep either of them from playing the game or driving the car anymore than God inventing the causal processes of time means He can't show up in time to influence events that happen in time.

I think that God is the past. That's what it means when God says, "I am the alpha...."

It isn't irrational to suggest that the Creator exists independent from His creation. It also isn't irrational to suggest that He can interact with His own creation.

Furthermore, arguing that God doesn't know the future isn't biblical because God is the future. ".......and the Omega, the Beginning and the End."

To say that God doesn't know the future is to say that God doesn't know Himself.[/QUOTE]