Kett's SPOTD 10-06-12 Knight bangs The First Home Run of The Theology Club.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
picture.php

Eeset pitches a ball that no one want to return.

I have read through all the replies as well as the original post. To me they all seem like sophistry. Humans arguing about how God thinks, changes or doesn't change is just plain silly. Moses argued with God did he not?

Some even question the legality of this pitch. It it a spit ball? Nope. It's a legit pitch. Up to the plate steps Knight. He takes a swing. Thwack! The ball goes up, up and up. It is gone!
picture.php

I can understand what you are saying but here is the deal.... a theology came along a few hundred years ago that claims that God predetermines everything that has every happened or that will every happen in minute detail. That notion has biblical implications. For instance, if that notion is true... evangelism is nothing more than "going through the motions", since those who will be saved will be saved, and those who are going to hell are going to hell, regardless of any effort on our part.

That's why these types of discussions occur. It's our way of investigating God's character to see if His word matches the claims of some 16th century theologian.

It lands in the upper level seats. Now there have already been a number of long hits in this Theology league, but I am highlighting this one because it is a excellent return of a difficult pitch.

Thread rules:
No whining
No debate
Congrats only