Kett's SPOTD 04-30-2012 - Clete knocks it out of the park

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bases are loaded. Most of the hitters tonight have been having trouble returning Knight's blistering pitch,

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 30th, 2012 09:12 AM

toldailytopic: Do you think TOL bans members too frequently, or not frequently enough?

banned_red_tshirt.jpg

Get the TOL "banned" shirt here.

but some have managed to get on base. Up to the plate steps a heavy hitter, Clete. Knight pitches his 102 mile per hour fast ball again. SMACK!
I think you guys get it just about right.

I've been banned off other sites for being an Open Theist! That was the whole reason!

I've been temporarily suspended off of another site for the slightest of infractions against the foggiest of rules that weren't enforced in any sort of consistent fashion.

As far as I'm concerned TOL is flat out the best theology forum in existence precisely because you let people bang their heads together. We aren't talking about Asian tea recipes, or which quilting technique is best for making purses. The topics here are deeply personal and immensely important. People are going to get offended and people are going to get their feeling hurt and people are going to get angry. Getting banned for such things on this kind of forum will only get you a forum where everyone agrees with everyone else on practically every issue except the ones that are trivial and boring.

I say that unless they're being just blatantly disruptive for the sake of disruption or they are being flagrantly insulting to Jesus Christ, let people display their foolishness for all to see. And that goes for me too!

Clete

P.S. Thanks Knight for creating and maintaining a great website. The handful of times I've ventured onto other sites looking for fresh minds to pick, I've always quickly regretted it and its never long before I'm right back here where I belong. God bless you and those who help you run this place!
The ball is sailing up, up. I think it's lost in the stadium lights. There it is arcing down out of the park! It's a grand slam!

Rules: No debate, no whining. Congrats only.

bybee

The bases are loaded. Most of the hitters tonight have been having trouble returning Knight's blistering pitch,

but some have managed to get on base. Up to the plate steps a heavy hitter, Clete. Knight pitches his 102 mile per hour fast ball again. SMACK!

The ball is sailing up, up. I think it's lost in the stadium lights. There it is arcing down out of the park! It's a grand slam!

Rules: No debate, no whining. Congrats only.

Agreed.