POTD 4/11/12

WizardofOz

Sorry, but couldn't let this slide. What Americans consider "fundamental Christians" would relate more closely to the Pharisees in Judaism during Christ's time. The Pharisees considered themselves the "true" Hebrews because their focus was to follow closely the whole law. The truth was that they were the group that Christ confronted most often since, instead of understanding the spirit of the law, they were self-righteous, attacking anyone who they felt did not measure up to their standards; and, their self-righteous egos became their idol. They thought that they were wise, knowing and understanding much; but they were fools, wrong about everything, ultimately bringing them to where they were responsible for the crucifixion of their Messiah.

That is the way many view todays American fundamental Christians. While preaching love, most of them can turn right around and viciously attack anyone who they don't see as measuring up to their standards, including Christians who do not share their venom. A truly loving Christian is as likely to be attacked by the lot as the homosexuals and adulterers that are regularly on the fundamentalists hit lists. Just remember that the goats in Matthew 25:31-46 all thought that they were worthy, but were wrong. They fell short because they failed to practice love for those that they felt were unworthy. Fundamentalist≠Saved; Fundamentalist is simply a self-applied term that has come to mean "I have it right". It's just another one of those words designed to divide.

Welcome back Morpheus :first:

WizardofOz

Do you allow your children to do as they please?

Of course not. Family enforcing biblical rules inside their house is good (enforcing rules V punishment for breaking them). Government enforcing Mosaic Law? Ignorant.

You advocate such so guess what that makes you?

I didn't think so, therefore you must be a theocrat?

No. You are a theocrat.
I've come to the conclusion that our once great Christian nation has become so morally corrupt that we might need a "theocracy" in order to turn things around.

Or, have you already forgotten?