SOTK's pick 12-6-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Originally posted by Berean Todd
Well, Satan, it is your Catholic church which cannonized Paul's letters, which still holds them as cannon, and teaches them as such. What's more there are several Catholics who come here from time to time, and though I often have my disagreements with them I'm sure that not a one of them would abide with your comments, nor claim you as a brother in faith.

So far from you we have the fact that:
-Paul is the "antichrist" (yet you will not provide one scripture to show how his teaching differs from Christ's - of course that's because it doesn't)

-the apostle's were "dumb fishermen" (even though they weren't all fishers)

-John's Gospel you would grade as a "C", and you deny flat out the truth of John 1:1-14

-You believe that the 4 Gospels and the writtings of your "visionary" are all you need (even though everytime we pull a quote from the Gospels to show you your idiocy you automatically fall back to the "they were written by dumb fishermen" rhetoric).

Well, gee Satan, you haevn't told us much, and you have not supported one single argument with Scripture. The Sermon on the mount? Beautiful literature, I've read it 3 times tonight now. The question is, how does that support anything which you have said??? You still have not shown us. How does anything in the sermon, or any of Jesus' teachings for that matter differ from Paul's??

I've provided you with a fair size sampling of Christ's own teachings about salvation, all of which align with Paul's statements on it, and all of which you ignored. I've answered your statements about the Sermon on the mount, and explained to you, from scripture (and not using one verse from Paul though several would have fit), why your works based system of Law could never save anyone. Yet you continue to ignore.

So again, if the Law could have saved us, why did Jesus have to come? If He came only to exhort us to the Law, why did He have to die? If it was the law that He was calling us to, then why did He not say "it is finished" at the end of the beautiful sermon on the mount, rather than when He did - when He died upon the cross??

You see, even the heretics and fools on our board don't and won't support you. When you make people like Squeeky and others look like intelligent, skilled debators and orators ... well, let's just say that it doesn't bode well for your argument.

So, once more, in summation, if you feel that you can support your arguments with scripture, any scripture, go right ahead and do so. Of course we know allready that you don't consider anything written by Paul, 1 and 2 Peter, or the Gospel of John worthy of being "scripture", so I don't know what you have left to quote from. But go right ahead, if you can make a coherant argument, by all means do so. Of course, as I said, I won't be holding my breath, because we have all seen by now that you are wholly incapable of attempting anything resembling coherancy or intelligence.

Context :first:

Keep up the great work Berean Todd!

Berean Todd

:cloud9: Thanks for the encouragement brother, as you have seen, it's rather frustrating arguing with that fool, but I just can't abide by anyone blaspheming the Gospel the way that guy has.

SOTK

Originally posted by Berean Todd
:cloud9: Thanks for the encouragement brother, as you have seen, it's rather frustrating arguing with that fool, but I just can't abide by anyone blaspheming the Gospel the way that fool has.

:up: I can't stand the blaspheming either! You're right on target with this guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.