Delmar's POD 8-10-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delmar's POD 8-10-14

Today's POD goes to Strpe for his masterful answer to this silly question.
    Originally posted by shagster01
    Is a platonic gay relationship Biblically ok?
    Originally posted by Stripe
    Is it OK to be a thief who never steals?
    Is it OK to be a liar who never bears false witness?
    Is it OK to be a murderer who never kills people?

Is it OK to be a moron who always asks sane qu...

Oh, wait.
    Post of the day!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Comment

Then I guess gay lust isn't a sin?? Because that is the answer I got here.
        Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Comment

Or is it that a gay couple has no biblical reason to be denied marriage if they are platonic?

Posted from the TOL App!
          Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by shagster01 View Post
            Then I guess gay lust isn't a sin?? Because that is the answer I got here.
            Or is it that a gay couple has no biblical reason to be denied marriage if they are platonic?

Posted from the TOL App!

The point is that if they are not engaging in homosexual conduct they're not homosexual. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, emphasis on v11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

The point is that if they are not engaging in homosexual conduct they're not homosexual. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, emphasis on v11.
              Even if they are physically attracted to other men?

Comment

Even if they are physically attracted to other men?
                shag

I think understand your question.

Jesus defined those men who lust after a woman in his heart as an "adulterer". So why would it not also be true of a man who lusts after another man in his heart be a homosexual. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by S0ZO View Post
                  shag

I think understand your question.

Jesus defined those men who lust after a woman in his heart as an "adulterer". So why would it not also be true of a man who lusts after another man in his heart be a homosexual. Correct?
                  Lust may have many objects. It is lusting that is a sin.
                  Lust always puts self first.

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
                    Lust may have many objects. It is lusting that is a sin.
                    Lust always puts self first.
                    Why do you think Jesus referred to those men who lust after women as adulterers?

Comment

Why do you think Jesus referred to those men who lust after women as adulterers?
                      I think within the Hebew culture it was considered a given that men lusting after men is wicked. Why bother bringing up what everybody knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
                        I think within the Hebew culture it was considered a given that men lusting after men is wicked. Why bother bringing up what everybody knows?
                        make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
                          I have no idea what you are saying.

Comment

A man married a woman. Once married he had a moral obligation to cleave to his wife only. Sin begins in the mind. Therefore Christ warned the married man against allowing thoughts of other women to have free rein his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
                              A man married a woman. Once married he had a moral obligation to cleave to his wife only. Sin begins in the mind. Therefore Christ warned the married man against allowing thoughts of other women to have free rein his mind.
                              Sorry, but that is not why Jesus said that.

He said that because it is a sin to lust after a woman. In fact, it is committing adultery to do so.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:28

Comment

Working...
                              X