Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delmar's POD 3-21-14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delmar's POD 3-21-14

    Originally posted by Desert Reign View Post
    [/INDENT]Jerry, it is perfectly comprehensible why you say what you say. You start from the presupposition that God does not experience time (a.k.a. a succession of events) and lo and behold you find all sorts of scriptures that appear to agree with you. That's all it is.

    Your own view is self-defeating because if God is outside of time, then he didn't do anything before anything else. Even if there was a point when time began, God can't have done anything before that point. The very idea that time began is completely nonsensical.
    Post of the day!

    I said something similar to the highlighted portion, earlier in the thread, but not as eloquently.

  • #2
    Excellent!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Well time is a 4 dimensional property.an effect or by product of. He should have said,before God created the physical universe,then time would have been included.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JosephR View Post
          Well time is a 4 dimensional property.an effect or by product of. He should have said,before God created the physical universe,then time would have been included.
          Can you show that time is dimensional?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
            Can you show that time is dimensional?
            well no, it is a by-product of the burn of energy..

            physicist now call it time-space. not separating time and space.

            and space is a dimension and time is what happens when energy is transferred.

            What I am saying is that time as we know it will not exist without matter... and there is no such thing as a space without matter...

            EXCEPT in a different dimension or as the Faithful call it, the Spiritual world

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice job, Desert Reign.

              We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
              They already know monsters exist.
              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                Nice job, Desert Reign.

                Ditto.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JosephR View Post
                  well no, it is a by-product of the burn of energy..

                  physicist now call it time-space. not separating time and space.

                  and space is a dimension and time is what happens when energy is transferred.

                  What I am saying is that time as we know it will not exist without matter... and there is no such thing as a space without matter...

                  EXCEPT in a different dimension or as the Faithful call it, the Spiritual world
                  I'm still waiting for you to show this. I didn't ask you to simply tell.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JosephR View Post
                    well no
                    Brother, you should have left it at this. We have plenty of threads to discuss time.
                    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                    Titus 1

                    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

                    Ephesians 5

                    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                      Brother, you should have left it at this. We have plenty of threads to discuss time.

                      Yeah I realized I was hijacking and stopped replying,, I shoulda just said nice job and went to the thread this came from to discuss.


                      Posted from the TOL App!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JosephR View Post
                        Yeah I realized I was hijacking and stopped replying,, I shoulda just said nice job and went to the thread this came from to discuss.


                        Posted from the TOL App!

                        Nice post desert, sorry to derail Delmar


                        Posted from the TOL App!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lon View Post
                          Then God had a "beginning."

                          We can never claim one thing without implying the other.
                          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                          ? Yep

                          Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                          ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                          Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lon


                            Originally posted by Lon View Post
                            Then God had a "beginning."

                            We can never claim one thing without implying the other.
                            Only if you assume time had a beginning.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                              Only if you assume time had a beginning.
                              It must be assumed. You cannot have a point B without a point A.

                              The concept, measurement, and meaning of time depend on what happens between point A and B. Without both, you have no time. A stop watch that you never press to begin cannot do anything regarding time.

                              God cannot ever have had a beginning so there is no such thing as time (no point A) other than as it pertains to His creating (In the beginning).
                              My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                              Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                              Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                              Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                              No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                              Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                              ? Yep

                              Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                              ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                              Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X