Nori's pick 4/30/12

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today's pick goes to Spitfire for this response in Traditio's thread about women dressing conservatively.

Traditio: You have to do your part too. I doesn't make any sense to have the flippant, snickering attitude about these things that you've had in nearly ever rep comment you have ever sent me, then act like your problems are the fault of everyone else the next. You yourself have to really commit to taking your own purity more seriously before it becomes a matter of sizing up others as a threat.

I totally agree with you on this part. I've noticed the same thing in a lot of Trad's threads.

Everyone else: This isn't as completely ridiculous an issue as you think. It is monumentally stupid for women to dress provocatively and then complain about how they're objectified. Women who want to be seen as more than a sexual opportunity or sexual competition need to take things into their own hands by not flaunting their own sexuality to influence men or pull rank over less attractive women. Dressing modestly doesn't have to go to ridiculous extremes. But people want to have their cake and eat it.

And, while I hate to speak badly about a lot of women, this is true as well. I've noticed with my own daughter that, even though I raised her wearing modest clothing, she prefers form-fitting and low-cut clothing. When I asked her why she wears clothes like that, she said, "Because I look good in them."

A big problem is that since I was a teenager, the world seems to value looks over modesty, honesty, and integrity. People don't seem to realize that real beauty is not from the outside but from deep inside a person.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post Spitfire. :thumb: