Knight's pick 10-21-2011

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Other great responses in that thread....

God has always required a sacrifice for sin. He simply cannot just wink at sin as if it never happened. Just as a good parent shouldn't wink at it when his children sin.

But we sin against a good and righteous God who knows no sin and can have no fellowship with it. And so a perfect sacrifice/punishment, without blemish must be had in order to suffice in His eyes and cover our sins as if they never happened before he can have the relationship with man that He's always desired.

Although we should be the ones taking the punishment for what we've done, it would be of no avail because it had to be a sacrifice without spot or blemish. Not just any sacrifice would do. It couldn't be done by just any person due to "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." So God willingly said He would live as the man, Jesus to live out a perfect life so that a perfect punishment/sacrifice would be made for all when He died in our place and willingly received the punishment that was due to us.

It was the only way to reconcile sinful man to a righteous, Holy God, the perfect sacrifice once and for all, to those who believe.

Rom. 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
Rom. 3:24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus;
Rom. 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance;
Rom. 3:26 to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus.

Gurucam

The question was "Why did Jesus need to die?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
So you don't have to.

John 11:26 - And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

:first: Simple, and to the point. :up:

Yet, this lack clarity.

What is meant by "whoever lives"

Gurucam

Thanks.

I have a great deal of excellent material to quote from. ;-)

Re. John 11:26 - And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

Seems that only "whoever lives" have the chance to believe in Me and never die.

From your material what does "whoever lives" referrs to?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned

Think.

God could have:

1.) Given mankind renewed access to the Tree of Life as Adam had, and we thereby would not have necessarily died.

2.) Shut off all the age causing genes we carry around, programmed to make us ultimately die.

3.) Done any number of other Divine Decisions other than requiring Jesus' vicarious death for human eternal life.

Knowledge has more to do with merely parroting what people hear in church. Got it?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned

Think.

God could have:

1.) Given mankind renewed access to the Tree of Life as Adam had, and we thereby would not have necessarily died.

2.) Shut off all the age causing genes we carry around, programmed to make us ultimately die.

3.) Done any number of other Divine Decisions other than requiring Jesus' vicarious death for human eternal life.

Knowledge has more to it than merely parroting what people hear in church. Got it?

Gurucam

Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Thanks.

I have a great deal of excellent material to quote from. ;-)

Re. John 11:26 - And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

When Lazarus died, Jesus' Spirit told Jesus that God had done this in order for Him to return Lazarus to the living after a few days. This is why Jesus tarried for a few day before He came to where the body of Lazarus laid.

The reason being to show His disciples and those Jews who would be present among the mourners, that those who are spiritually aware and live according to the Spirit, have eternal lives. They live on after their death from earth.

Lazarus was living after he left his physical body in earthly death and this is why Jesus was able to call him back into his physical body.

This was to demonstrate that Lazarus, who believed Jesus and believe in what in Jesus' Spirit has in mind for his to do as discerned within his own heart or spirit, live on without his physical body, after he died on earth. Even though he could not be physically detected.

Jesus was in Grace of God because He did the will of His Father as delivered to Him through the mind of the Spirit as discerned within His own spirit.

One is on earth to serve God whiles serving oneself according to one's own preexisting spirit. This is the preordained contract one has with God. If one is here and one does not serve this agreement one is not under Grace of God and so be it.

Do you think that your one line reply i.e. 'whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die' conveys the message.

Does this convey that those who are spiritually aware and live according to what the Spirit of Jesus has in mind for them to pray for, say and do as discerned within their won hearts or spirits, have eternal lives. That they live on after their death from earth. That is, they rise to be like angels in heaven when they die.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Think.

God could have:

Knowledge has more to it than merely parroting what people hear in church. Got it?[/QUOTE]

I agree that knowledge requires more than parroting anything , it requires actual seeking the truth, learning and thinking.

God could not do any of the above because God does not lie.

Genesis 2:17

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Think.

God could have:

Knowledge has more to it than merely parroting what people hear in church. Got it?

What a Moronic post..woulda, shoulda, coulda but, didn't. Get a clue.