YouTube censorship

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The you-tube videos do have too much foul language and one has to watch them all the way though before posting them here.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So I was looking around for a video game review with background graphics on YouTube and inadvertently found a tie-in to the sad OP video and F-bomb dropping whiner who was complaining because his videos were ending up on the restricted list. I remember him mentioning, incredulously, a game reviewer or something to that effect, named PewDiePie also being on that list.

So I found a review by PDP and started to watch it. Literally around two minutes in, while reacting (not really reviewing) a video game he launches an F-bomb. Yeah, I think I'm starting to get a handle on some of the "censorship" that's going on with YouTube. :rolleyes:

ummm

maybe you should take a look at some of the "black lives matters" stuff on youtube

or just about any rap

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I was looking around for a video game review with background graphics on YouTube and inadvertently found a tie-in to the sad OP video and F-bomb dropping whiner who was complaining because his videos were ending up on the restricted list. I remember him mentioning, incredulously, a game reviewer or something to that effect, named PewDiePie also being on that list.

So I found a review by PDP and started to watch it. Literally around two minutes in, while reacting (not really reviewing) a video game he launches an F-bomb. Yeah, I think I'm starting to get a handle on some of the "censorship" that's going on with YouTube. :rolleyes:
:yawn:

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
See, I didn't say boo to Stripe, though I did note something about the OP directly, the thing he's been complaining about for the need for...nearly fifty posts without mostly talking on the point and there he is, a half step away from being Sod lite with a nothing yawn to add and an apparent need to either add it because I wrote something or because he has an even sadder obsession with owning a last word in relation...and, of course, there's the once respectable Tam breathlessly wrapping her atta-boy around it.

For anyone happening by who can keep their conduct on the level of a high school grad or better, the OP has a guy whining about censorship and noting his videos have been put on a restricted list. Then he drops an F-bomb and gives an insight into why that might be and have nothing to do with his politics. He also mentions another "victim" of YouTube, a guy who reviews video games at least part of the time. I saw one. Two minutes in and he dropped an F-bomb.

Good grief. :plain:

ummm

maybe you should take a look at some of the "black lives matters" stuff on youtube

or just about any rap
I can find pirated movies on YouTube, but that doesn't excuse you or anyone else who gets caught doing it. And absent a serious study and correlation of data a suspicion and anecdote isn't proof or a conclusion.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See, I didn't say boo to Stripe, though I did note something about the OP directly, the thing he's been complaining about for the need for...nearly fifty posts without mostly talking on the point and there he is, a half step away from being Sod lite with a nothing yawn to add and an apparent need to either add it because I wrote something or because he has an even sadder obsession with owning a last word in relation...and, of course, there's the once respectable Tam breathlessly wrapping her atta-boy around it.

For anyone happening by who can keep their conduct on the level of a high school grad or better, the OP has a guy whining about censorship and noting his videos have been put on a restricted list. Then he drops an F-bomb and gives an insight into why that might be and have nothing to do with his politics. He also mentions another "victim" of YouTube, a guy who reviews video games at least part of the time. I saw one. Two minutes in and he dropped an F-bomb.

Good grief. :plain:

I can find pirated movies on YouTube, but that doesn't excuse you or anyone else who gets caught doing it. And absent a serious study and correlation of data a suspicion and anecdote isn't proof or a conclusion.
You're so far behind the conversation. The swearing has been shown to be utterly irrelevant as the content is being targeted.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're so far behind the conversation.
I don't care. Sort of like you when you use a yawn instead of actually saying something.

The swearing has been shown to be utterly irrelevant as the content is being targeted.
It's not irrelevant. If you break the rules that can get you put in a box you have no complaint about being put in a box. Clean it up and then get put in a box and it's meaningful.

Because it bears repeating:

For anyone happening by, the OP has a guy whining about censorship and noting his videos have been put on a restricted list. Then he drops an F-bomb and gives an insight into why that might be and have nothing to do with his politics. He also mentions another "victim" of YouTube, a guy who reviews video games at least part of the time. I saw one. Two minutes in and he dropped an F-bomb.

ok doser

If you break the rules that can get you put in a box ....

yeah, but that's not what's happening

hence my reference to "acceptable" forms of profanity by the likes of BLM and rap "artists"

the point of which went whoooosh right over your head

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not irrelevant.
Because you want something to talk about?

The video I provided is FCC compliant and restricted, while mainstream stuff from the other side is all swear words and not restricted.

If you break the rules that can get you put in a box you have no complaint about being put in a box. Clean it up and then get put in a box and it's meaningful.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yeah, but that's not what's happening
It was happening in the OP video and it was with the first video I came across by accident with the other guy he noted.

I know because I listened to both of them. They have no complaint. Maybe someone else does, if the data supports it.

You have data, a serious study on the point? That would have been a better move as OPs go.

the point of which went whoooosh right over your head
It must be hard going through life having to look up to see most people. I guess it did something to you that you can't undo.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because you want something to talk about?
This isn't about me. Except, apparently, to you and Sod and Tam.

You acting like a child bears repeating? Well...okay. :plain:

Because it actually bears repeating:

For anyone happening by, the OP has a guy whining about censorship and noting his videos have been put on a restricted list. Then he drops an F-bomb and gives an insight into why that might be and have nothing to do with his politics. He also mentions another "victim" of YouTube, a guy who reviews video games at least part of the time. I saw one. Two minutes in and he dropped an F-bomb.

Anyone doing that doesn't have a horse in the mistreated horse race.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
he wasn't banned for using profanity
You mean put on a restricted list? Well, if that's true he should be. And so should the guy in the OP and the other guy he spoke about. So they got two right and one wrong. Okay. How many posts on YouTube and what's the mechanism? Is it complaints? Maybe the people who listen to that guy know what to expect. Maybe someone like me, maybe a kid looking for a game tip wasn't and said something. Maybe all sorts of things.

The rest is data. Real data, not suspicion, not anecdote. You get that and I'm in, I'm interested. You don't have it and it's just a conspiracy theory.

ok doser

You mean put on a restricted list? Well, if that's true he should be. And so should the guy in the OP and the other guy he spoke about. So they got two right and one wrong. Okay. How many posts on YouTube and what's the mechanism? Is it complaints? Maybe the people who listen to that guy know what to expect. Maybe someone like me, maybe a kid looking for a game tip wasn't and said something. Maybe all sorts of things.

The rest is data. Real data, not suspicion, not anecdote. You get that and I'm in, I'm interested. You don't have it and it's just a conspiracy theory.

so your whole purpose for stomping around here for 28 pages is to insist there's no real data to support the OP?

and when you're presented with real data, you waffle and cry "conspiracy"?

:darwinsm:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so your whole purpose for stomping around here
Which I haven't done.

is to insist there's no real data to support the OP?
What I actually wrote:

and when you're presented with real data,
I'll give you that anecdotes are data, but they require serious analysis and confirmation to establish a rule.

you waffle and cry "conspiracy"?
Which I didn't do, supra.

ok doser

I'll give you that anecdotes are data, but they require serious analysis and confirmation to establish a rule.

the best kind of data is that which you can verify for yourself :thumb:

go to youtube

type the f-word in the search bar

when i did this, the result i got was:
About 22,600,000 results

what do you get?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This isn't about me.
You seem singularly disinterested in a sensible discussion, yet you keep posting. :idunno:

Because it actually bears repeating:

Your objection has been addressed. YouTubers who are FCC compliant are put out, while mainstream ones on the other side are not.

Feel free to actually get on topic.

Don't even bother conceding that your objection had been addressed before you raised it. :up:

I know because I listened to both of them.

You watched two videos and ignored the conversation. It is way past where you are trying to drag it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You seem singularly disinterested in a sensible discussion, yet you keep posting.
You're like a guy who keeps asking me for the time then suggests I have a watch fetish. :plain:

Your objection has been addressed. YouTubers who are FCC compliant are put out, while mainstream ones on the other side are not.
I must have missed the post to the study and data supporting that. Where was it again?

Feel free to actually get on topic.
If you're the topic police you should book yourself, Danno.

Don't even bother conceding that your objection had been addressed before you raised it.
Was it? I didn't see it. Good of you to bring it up right off the bat like you didn't.

You watched two videos and ignored the conversation.
I started to watch the OP video and then stopped because the guy dropped an F bomb and my kid was in the room. Given at that point I could understand his being on a restricted list it lost the romance of an argument of parts for me...then I happened (in an unrelated moment) across a video by another guy the first guy mentioned as being unfairly restricted and two minutes in he dropped an F bomb.

Seemed like a pattern developing. But it could just be an ungodly coincidence. Those happen.

It is way past where you are trying to drag it.
That's the thing about words, they can't really drag you anywhere you don't want to go. So unless someone had a compulsive disorder they would be home free at any point.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I must have missed the post.
Yep.

I didn't see it.
You don't seem to want to.

I started to watch the OP video and then stopped.
And ruled yourself out of the conversation. Since then you've ignored the discussion and pushed anything that serves your agenda. Whatever that is.

On numerous occasions I have pointed out issues that are on topic and directly counter your inaccurate portrayal of matters. You post a wall of text and pages later complain that you can't remember what I said.

Seemed like a pattern developing, but it could just be an ungodly coincidence. Those happen.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep.

You don't seem to want to.
If you look for a thing hard enough you're bound to see it. Sometimes even when it isn't there.

And ruled yourself out of the conversation.
Only if I ruled you in as the arbiter of anything, which I haven't. The conversation with Yor didn't take any surprising turns, but that's life.

Since then you've ignored the discussion and pushed anything that serves your agenda. Whatever that is.
The first clue that I'm not pushing an agenda should occur to you when you can't name it.

On numerous occasions I have pointed out issues that are on topic and directly counter your inaccurate portrayal of matters.
Quote yourself doing that during our actual conversation.

You post a wall of text and pages later complain that you can't remember what I said.
Quote that one too. It sounds interesting.

Seemed like a pattern developing, but it could just be an ungodly coincidence. Those happen.
The parrot thing still isn't really much of anything.