Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't know anything because you are a Judaizing heretic, the oldest sin in the book. You're not the first and won't be the last.

I am a sinner saved by grace. The Law is for the lost. Are believers to obey God? If there are punishments for sin still, are they for believers who acknowledge the Law or for unbelievers who may or may not know about about it but never-the-less they break the Law?

If you obey Jesus you love God and you love your neighbor.

The Law and the Prophets have not been abolished. Salvation is only found in Jesus Christ God's Son.

Gentiles are required to observe some things, but not all.

Epoisses

I am a sinner saved by grace. The Law is for the lost. Are believers to obey God? If there are punishments for sin still, are they for believers who acknowledge the Law or for unbelievers who may or may not know about about it but never-the-less they break the Law?

If you obey Jesus you love God and you love your neighbor.

The Law and the Prophets have not been abolished. Salvation is only found in Jesus Christ God's Son.

Gentiles are required to observe some things, but not all.

The purpose of the law is to reveal sin and once that is accomplished it has no more place in the believers life. A return to the law in the age of grace is the highest form of sin.

keypurr

Your obedience is just trying hard to keep the rules! Do you have any clue how many have tried this before you and failed miserably?

I have no problem keeping his Law as I keep it in the spirit of love. The law will not save you, grace is not a wage to be earned. If you love your creator then obey him. Christ came to magnify the Law in our hearts and mind. He did not come to destroy but to teach the manner in which to keep it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The purpose of the law is to reveal sin and once that is accomplished it has no more place in the believers life. A return to the law in the age of grace is the highest form of sin.

The Law is not sin. Practicing the deeds of the flesh is.

If a believer says the Law has revealed sin but now I will break the Law they have the wrong attitude toward God and His Law.

Each and every one of us needs the grace of God.

We were once sinners but now we are saints in Christ.

All who are saved are saved by God's grace. Being sinners that is the only way any person can be saved. And all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We are to live lives of righteousness, not of sin.

Epoisses

I have no problem keeping his Law as I keep it in the spirit of love. The law will not save you, grace is not a wage to be earned. If you love your creator then obey him. Christ came to magnify the Law in our hearts and mind. He did not come to destroy but to teach the manner in which to keep it.

You have a problem with Paul who admonished the Galatians for keeping the law after coming to Christ.

Epoisses

The Law is not sin. Practicing the deeds of the flesh is.

If a believer says the Law has revealed sin but now I will break the Law they have the wrong attitude toward God and His Law.

Each and every one of us needs the grace of God.

We were once sinners but now we are saints in Christ.

All who are saved are saved by God's grace. Being sinners that is the only way any person can be saved. And all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We are to live lives of righteousness, not of sin.

You never speak of grace only law, law, law and do, do, do. You are an enemy of the gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You never speak of grace only law, law, law and do, do, do. You are an enemy of the gospel.

We are speaking of grace. If you don't know what the Law is you don't know what grace is. Salvation is by grace through faith and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast. Salvation is not through the Law it is through the shed blood of Jesus. What the Law could not do weak as it was in the flesh God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin He condemned sin in the flesh in order that the righteous requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. See Romans 8:4 NASB.

The Law and grace are not the same thing. You are saved by grace, not by the Law.

God's Law doesn't change. Even when a person becomes a Christian.

Epoisses

We are speaking of grace. If you don't know what the Law is you don't know what grace is. Salvation is by grace through faith and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast. Salvation is not through the Law it is through the shed blood of Jesus. What the Law could not do weak as it was in the flesh God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin He condemned sin in the flesh in order that the righteous requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. See Romans 8:4 NASB.

The Law and grace are not the same thing. You are saved by grace, not by the Law.

God's Law doesn't change. Even when a person becomes a Christian.

God's law is love. This is what the entire old testament pointed forward to. If you have the love of Christ then you have everything.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's law is love. This is what the entire old testament pointed forward to. If you have the love of Christ then you have everything.

God's Law is all about love. Jesus' teaching is no different. The new covenant is no different.

keypurr

You have a problem with Paul who admonished the Galatians for keeping the law after coming to Christ.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Epoisses

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

keypurr

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;