'You must be 'born again' or else'!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:9

A daft verse! The heart is not wicked at all, it is just an organ of the body needed to pump blood around it.
Iamimagined thinks that verse is talking about a blood pump.
hehe!
What a :loser: !

Your posts are going to be entertaining to read. Thanks for the laughs!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This was the theme of my childhood, slammed into me by my parents and the ghastly Pentecostal church I was forced to attend. I resisted until I was eleven before giving into the pressure of giving 'my heart to Jesus'. I played the part but never felt comfortable with the concept. I never had the slightest feeling any deity was there for me. I had a problem I couldn't share with my parents, and asked Jesus to give me some help with it, but he never came through for me. I drew the obvious conclusion that either he didn't care, or more likely died 2000 years ago. By the time I left home at 19 when I married I had lost my faith, as had my husband.

When our kids were born we left it up to them to decide if they wanted a faith or not with no pressure from us. All three are Christians but not Biblical literalists and liberal in their approach. Religion is never discussed by us.

Are you Vikki Beechyng?

Did you ever think that mebbe God turfed you out?