'You must be 'born again' or else'!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Posting a lot of Biblical verses, which were written by humans, isn't going to get you anywhere !

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I'll keep posting God's pure and preserved words (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV) in hope that you'll drop your preconceived notions and believe the Bible.

beloved57

You must be 'born again' or else'!

The Great Blessing of Christ's Death is, all for whom it was for shall be born again through the Resurrection of Him from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

See, when He rose from the Dead it was for their Justification of Life Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That of Life means that Justification effects that New Life they have from Christ's Resurrection from the dead !

john w

Hall of Fame
Posting a lot of Biblical verses, which were written by humans, isn't going to get you anywhere !

"which were written by humans"-JohnLennon, Jr.

1. You are a "human." Therefore, posting by you "isn't going to get you anywhere," and thus, we can dismiss everything you "post," Sgt. Shultz.

2. You "argue" that the LORD God, who created the universe, warms the heart of a mother, from the smile of her baby, raises the dead.................cannot use humans, to deliver his "is given by inspiration" word? And you are allegedly providing a "reasonable"(Is. 1:18 KJV) argument to us? Good one.

3. Scripture testifies that the LORD God is the source/author, of the word of God.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This was the theme of my childhood, slammed into me by my parents and the ghastly Pentecostal church I was forced to attend. I resisted until I was eleven before giving into the pressure of giving 'my heart to Jesus'. I played the part but never felt comfortable with the concept. I never had the slightest feeling any deity was there for me. I had a problem I couldn't share with my parents, and asked Jesus to give me some help with it, but he never came through for me. I drew the obvious conclusion that either he didn't care, or more likely died 2000 years ago. By the time I left home at 19 when I married I had lost my faith, as had my husband.

When our kids were born we left it up to them to decide if they wanted a faith or not with no pressure from us. All three are Christians but not Biblical literalists and liberal in their approach. Religion is never discussed by us.

The conclusion you should have came to is that you were never a believer.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those of you who try to convince Iamimagined that the Bible is the Word of God waste text. Not going to happen.

So, ruling that out what do you have to offer?

Iamimagined

How do you determine what is "good"? Whose standard do you go by? And by what standard do you reject the bible (since it is "written by humans") over and above other works (also "written by humans")?

EDIT : You have to understand that your story of becoming bitter because of your upbringing doesn't clarify much. It is regrettable that you have become that way, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean you are rejecting something that is wrong. If you were constantly berated and warned about being judged by God without realizing that the love of God plays an integral role in salvation, then it is certainly understandable that you would reject what you were taught. But we don't have the benefit of knowing that.

There is NOTHING loving about the Biblical god or the need 'saving' message! If the Biblical deity exists and what is claimed for it is true, it should be apologising to use for screwing up so badly when it created us. It supposedly gave us our human nature.

As humans we should aim to be good enough, not perfect.

Truster

This was the theme of my childhood, slammed into me by my parents and the ghastly Pentecostal church I was forced to attend. I resisted until I was eleven before giving into the pressure of giving 'my heart to Jesus'. I played the part but never felt comfortable with the concept. I never had the slightest feeling any deity was there for me. I had a problem I couldn't share with my parents, and asked Jesus to give me some help with it, but he never came through for me. I drew the obvious conclusion that either he didn't care, or more likely died 2000 years ago. By the time I left home at 19 when I married I had lost my faith, as had my husband.

When our kids were born we left it up to them to decide if they wanted a faith or not with no pressure from us. All three are Christians but not Biblical literalists and liberal in their approach. Religion is never discussed by us.

You were never converted and you had no right to any help. Your prayers were ignored because you were none of His. The path you went down was one of ignorance and you were led by blind guides.

Iamimagined

You were never converted and you had no right to any help. Your prayers were ignored because you were none of His. The path you went down was one of ignorance and you were led by blind guides.

Still the same old Truster, you have been singing from the same hymn sheet ever since I have known you on the other forums on which we have posted!:D:D:D Pity you overstepped the mark on R&E and got banned!

heir

TOL Subscriber
The conclusion you should have came to is that you were never a believer.
Yep. They claimed to have had a faith and lost it, but I didn't see anywhere a testimony of that. Walking in and spending time in a place called a church does not make one a Christian.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why can't you believe someone can ditch a faith they no longer believe in credible?
I didn't see any faith discussed, but that you went to a building you were forced to go and played the part...Pretending isn't faith.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why can't you believe someone can ditch a faith they no longer believe in credible?

From your own 'testimony' in the op -

church I was forced to attend...

... I resisted until I was eleven before giving into the pressure

... I played the part

.... never felt comfortable with the concept.

I never had the slightest feeling any deity was there for me.

Pretty clear you never had any faith to begin with- since there was never any credible faith since God never became to you more than a concept, you had no faith to 'ditch'.

Seems to me you just ditched the label of christian that you fed other people to keep from being "pressured".

Truster

Still the same old Truster, you have been singing from the same hymn sheet ever since I have known you on the other forums on which we have posted!:D:D:D Pity you overstepped the mark on R&E and got banned!

In the pursuit of justness and reverence one can never, ever overstep the mark.

Please remind me what R&E is or was?

nikolai_42

There is NOTHING loving about the Biblical god or the need 'saving' message! If the Biblical deity exists and what is claimed for it is true, it should be apologising to use for screwing up so badly when it created us. It supposedly gave us our human nature.

As humans we should aim to be good enough, not perfect.

If that is the case, then what do you say to the questions I asked? On what basis are you making those statements? What is the basis of your conviction for saying we don't need saving?

Truster

Oh come on you know as well as I do, don't play dumb!

R&E Care of the BBC. I was banned for speaking out against Roman Catholicism and homosexuality. I was also banned from 3 other ''christian' sites for declaring the teaching on homosexual perversions as written in the scriptures. My local newspaper has also banned me for the same reason.

Are you Rose from North Wales?

Iamimagined

R&E Care of the BBC. I was banned for speaking out against Roman Catholicism and homosexuality. I was also banned from 3 other ''christian' sites for declaring the teaching on homosexual perversions as written in the scriptures. My local newspaper has also banned me for the same reason.

Are you Rose from North Wales?

I don't answer to Rose! But you are in the right ball park!