Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul explained that the wages of sin is death, not eternal life.

Only those who suffer a second death will be be destroyed forever. This includes Satan.

Mickiel

Paul explained that the wages of sin is death, not eternal life.

Only those who suffer a second death will be be destroyed forever. This includes Satan.

I do not believe that humans will be destroyed forever, I believe in the salvation of all. The second death has absolutely nothing to do with humans; the death of the first death, is the second death. The second death is the death of the first death.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is good news for those who reject Christ, they are not being judged.

They are not being judged now but in the Last Day they will be judged at that time according to the teachings of Jesus. But first they must be taught the teachings of Jesus.

Mickiel

They are not being judged now but in the Last Day they will be judged at that time according to the teachings of Jesus. But first they must be taught the teachings of Jesus.

People don't need to be taught Jesus teachings, they need forgiveness, mercy and the free gift of eternal life.

Teaching can come later in the kingdom.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
People don't need to be taught Jesus teachings, they need forgiveness, mercy and the free gift of eternal life.

Teaching can come later in the kingdom.

If you are referring to the millennial kingdom that will have already passed.

Those in the second resurrection won't need forgiveness for past sins, they will have already paid for those sins.

daqq

Originally Posted by daqq
you you your you ["I" think] That is insane.
"You You You" "I I I" Let's listen rather to "God." You two obviously have other agenda's than that :( No "God says" "He says" just your all too human opinions and posturing as if I or you could make it exist or make it go away :dizzy:

That is a clear lie. You intentionally changed the words in my quote. I never said those words which you have inserted into my quote box. And since you are engaged in a strictly black and white literal understanding which includes literal fiery hell for all eternity I guess that means you have proven yourself a liar destined for ETC and it is your own Calvingods perfect and sovereign will that you will suffer forever, (sure glad I have been saved from the bondage that you are become enslaved in).

You've proven by your own default black and white definitions already by other statements in this thread that the absence of love equals the presence of hate and, therefore, by your own definitions, you hate me and others here whom you have pre-judged, judged, and condemned. Perhaps you ought to study the golden rule, the royal law, and the law of liberty, (mercy over judgment because of the prayer example of Matthew 6:14-15 and the parable of the talents in Matthew 18:23-35). In addition you have ignored what Paul says about owing others love. The following is not just about loving your own like minded but all people because of the context:

Romans 13:7-8 KJV
7. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:

lukecash12

Salvation is by grace through faith, not by a person's deeds.
Mercy triumphs over judgment. (James 2:13 NKJV)​

People not written into the book of life don't have the benefit of grace. They are judged according to their deeds, as is plainly stated all over the Bible.

lukecash12

The term often translated "hell" is the word sheol or hades, it refers to a dead body being in the grave.

Apparently you haven't consulted a proper lexicon and/or concordance like Strong's.

שְׁאוֹל
Sheol/shaul
ἅ|δης
Hades

Sheol: Hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including it's accessories and inmates. Translated as "grave", "hell", "pit".
Hades: properly, unseen, i.e. "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls. Translated as "grave", "hell".

You're arbitrarily choosing which of the translations you like, apparently unaware that it is grammatical and figurative context that determines the meaning in each instance, and the Bible was not written in a vacuum. The Babylonian Talmud, Kabbalah, Mishneh Torah, and assorted pieces of Greek literature, all provide abundantly the fact that there was a generally understood meaning for the terms beyond "grave", and the Bible capitalized on that understanding in order to illuminate the truth of the matter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
People not written into the book of life don't have the benefit of grace. They are judged according to their deeds, as is plainly stated all over the Bible.

The penalty for sin is death. Once that penalty is paid it is paid and will not be charged again.

For he who has died has been freed from sin. (Romans 6:7 (NKJV)​

God doesn't double bill.

Zeke

What happens is the deeds of the flesh get blotted, that's the culprit who's deeds are kept in the legal books, once they get blotted out/banished by the renewing of the mind, the Soul/Christ/Conscience gets it's freedom back and gains control of the deeds by the more excellent way, Divine Love that is "all Things to all people". Romans seven covers flesh and what makes it flair up, many plural allegories explain the process as well Galatians 4:24-28,

Dead letters are powerful barriers to the liberty of the Soul in bondage to paper created strawmen and their God, created by religion who pervert the letter as being alive and all powerful (wake up Dorthy, Door,Theos), and govern mentalist to keep the letter slave a servant for life.

That is hell, when a living Soul is put in bondage to a surname/fiction born by paper birth certificate, and blinded to their own bondage to it, being dead in its sin, and have it's image on that Gods ID? then you are in debtors hell to that mental fiction.

Stuu

They'd be more miserable, rejecting God, to have to live with the One they despise for all eternity.
You mean even more miserable than those who don't reject that god?

How many souls would you say are in heaven right now?

Stuart

Mickiel

The mentality of God toward sin is impressive, it cannot stop salvation, rendering an eternal punishing hell as useless. God does not need a permanent pain amphlifier for humans. Notice Isaiah 1:18, " Come now, let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Unbelief and rejecting Christ are scarlet sins for sure, yet here is eternal hope for that condition. A definite transformation that God willingly gives away to all. No matter who you meet that are presently in those conditions, you cannot condemn them; remember when you were in it?

What great hope for sinners.

lukecash12

The penalty for sin is death. Once that penalty is paid it is paid and will not be charged again.
For he who has died has been freed from sin. (Romans 6:7 (NKJV)​
God doesn't double bill.

Right, because you can just cherry pick a few phrases from the Bible, and use your own private interpretations which flagrantly contradict the early church fathers, as if they weren't in a better position (being closer to the facts) to discern such matters.

The GWT judgement isn't in the Bible, I guess. Neither are other passages, like the parable of the rich man and Lazarus... Apparently when Peter said that apostates were worse off, that it would have been better for them if they weren't born, his words must have fallen flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.