Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

In my view, all religions are a mixture of human imagination, history, Traditional trappings, Liturgies, customs and culture, pagan roots, bibliographies, a blogosphere of myths, the teachings of Jesus, the Koran and a mixture of a few other relevant books. All of these are not sacrosanct with each other, but some are. There is no common model for religious life in humanity, but there are common themes, and this nasty thought of eternal hell punishing is one of them.

It has grown down through the ages , like an invincible weed growing among the garden. And has taken serious residence in the curious conscious of gullible humanity. Like a sore on the resume of God, it retards a proper view of the real God, and it suffocates the sincere effort of people who really are curious about there being a God. And Christianity has dominated that choking of humanity. And they don't even realize they are doing that.

Imagine that, actually killing something; yet not being aware that you are killing it! And therein lies the genius of satan and his most impressive power to seduce.

Why would God need a hell, when he could use the one men created?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
According to some Scholars, Replacement Theology is a form of Christian Antisemitism.

To you Ben everything is anti-Semitism. First the covenant went to the heads of your ancestors who became segregated and proud, concocting terms like "Gentile dogs" and the "Chosen People" delusion. After repeated and ordinary pummeling's by more powerful nations, your Zionist-like ancestors rewrote the entire history of the Israelites while under bondage in Babylon, making you universally despised by the nations who knew it was a farce! Further, the so called Israelites are just the remnants of Moses's followers who intermixed with the Canaanites, a fact the Hebrew editors failed to remove from the scripture when they flagrantly inserted the new narrative of destroying all the Canaanites.

So to me Ben you are just another bozzo on the bus! Any victimhood you express you need to take up with your ancestors. Racially speaking being Jewish or Palestinian is the same thing. Its all in your mind.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Pure speculation made plausible in your mind, Paul is made to say a lot of things he most likely didn't by those who had a need to distant the teaching from the Gnostic Christ that preceded the christian age and taught as a mystery pointing to Christ being within man who is blinded to that liberating truth by a worldly identity crisis.

The reason I don't even give UR the time of day is for it's under-lying stance on Gnostic teaching, which is why you have a knot in you're skivvies over Paul's Christ the internal conscience freed from all the books of spells and the intellectual property they invent in the mind to keep it in paper training.

That's Paulanity and you are welcome to it. I follow Jesus, a real, living Christ.

Zeke

That's Paulanity and you are welcome to it. I follow Jesus, a real, living Christ.

No that was the Ancient message before the UR was brought along to keep the exoterix babble lie alive in those who couldn't discern the message hidden in the Bible which is simple Luke 17:20-21, And it will be waiting when you get back.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No that was the Ancient message before the UR was brought along to keep the exoterix babble lie alive in those who couldn't discern the message hidden in the Bible which is simple Luke 17:20-21, And it will be waiting when you get back.

The problem with reading between the lines and creating a doctrine out of what you imagine is, there isn't anything there. It's difficult to understand the reasoning behind your particular cherry picking wherein Jesus wasn't a real Person but Paul was? Honestly Zeke, I support your right to your faith but it's a stretch beyond normal liberties people take with their bible based doctrines.

Mickiel

Its a done deal man; a done deal; our Great God is already satisfied with the salvation of all. In Gal. 3:8, " And the scripture, FORSEEING that God would JUSTIFY the HEATHEN through faith, ( His faith!, not the human's faith), preached before the gospel to Abraham, saying, in you shall ALL NATIONS be blessed!" This is a fore gone deal of the century; ALL of us, including heathens , ( pagans and unbelievers and evil humans), are justified to receive free salvation.

Its glorious man!

Mickiel

I am convinced that the world does not know God; not at all. They don't know his heart, his love, his will , his power to subdue; they don't have a clue. Again scripture;, Jer. 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of ALL flesh! Is there anything too hard for me?"

Hey, this is God talking! You think I am going to worry about people who think universal salvation is a fallacy? I KNOW God can do it! I know he wants to do it. I know he has all the qualifications to get it done! And he does not need or require us to believe it.

All things are possible with him. Hey, this is YOUR true God!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Gal. 3:8...ALL of us, including heathens , ( pagans and unbelievers and evil humans), are justified to receive free salvation.

Its glorious man!

"I love you man." :freak: ~ Bud Light Commercial

"Ga 3:28. There is in this sonship by faith in Christ, no class privileged above another, as the Jews under the law had been above the Gentiles (Ro 10:12; 1 Co 12:13; Col 3:11).

bond nor free—Christ alike belongs to both by faith; whence he puts “bond” before “free.” Compare Note, see on 1 Co 7:21, 22; Eph 6:8.

neither male nor female—rather, as Greek, “there is not male and female.” There is no distinction into male and female. Difference of sex makes no difference in Christian privileges. But under the law the male sex had great privileges. Males alone had in their body circumcision, the sign of the covenant (contrast baptism applied to male and female alike); they alone were capable of being kings and priests, whereas all of either sex are now “kings and priests unto God” (Rev 1:6); they had prior right to inheritances. In the resurrection the relation of the sexes shall cease (Lu 20:35).

one—Greek, “one man”; masculine, not neuter, namely “one new man” in Christ (Eph 2:15).

29. and heirs—The oldest manuscripts omit “and.” Christ is “Abraham’s seed” (Ga 3:16): ye are “one in Christ” (Ga 3:28), and one with Christ, as having “put on Christ” (Ga 3:27); therefore YE are “Abraham’s seed,” which is tantamount to saying (whence the “and” is omitted), ye are “heirs according to the promise” (not “by the law,” Ga 3:18); for it was to Abraham’s seed that the inheritance was promised (Ga 3:16). Thus he arrives at the same truth which he set out with (Ga 3:7). But one new “seed” of a righteous succession could be found. One single faultless grain of human nature was found by God Himself, the source of a new and imperishable seed: “the seed” (Ps 22:30) who receive from Him a new nature and name (Ge 3:15; Is 53:10, 11; Jn 12:24). In Him the lineal descent from David becomes extinct. He died without posterity. But He lives and shall reign on David’s throne. No one has a legal claim to sit upon it but Himself, He being the only living direct representative (Ez 21:27). His spiritual seed derive their birth from the travail of His soul, being born again of His word, which is the incorruptible seed (Jn 1:12; Ro 9:8; 1 Pe 1:23)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 332). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

"I love you man." :freak: ~ Bud Light Commercial

"Ga 3:28. There is in this sonship by faith in Christ, no class privileged above another, as the Jews under the law had been above the Gentiles (Ro 10:12; 1 Co 12:13; Col 3:11).

bond nor free—Christ alike belongs to both by faith; whence he puts “bond” before “free.” Compare Note, see on 1 Co 7:21, 22; Eph 6:8.

neither male nor female—rather, as Greek, “there is not male and female.” There is no distinction into male and female. Difference of sex makes no difference in Christian privileges. But under the law the male sex had great privileges. Males alone had in their body circumcision, the sign of the covenant (contrast baptism applied to male and female alike); they alone were capable of being kings and priests, whereas all of either sex are now “kings and priests unto God” (Rev 1:6); they had prior right to inheritances. In the resurrection the relation of the sexes shall cease (Lu 20:35).

one—Greek, “one man”; masculine, not neuter, namely “one new man” in Christ (Eph 2:15).

29. and heirs—The oldest manuscripts omit “and.” Christ is “Abraham’s seed” (Ga 3:16): ye are “one in Christ” (Ga 3:28), and one with Christ, as having “put on Christ” (Ga 3:27); therefore YE are “Abraham’s seed,” which is tantamount to saying (whence the “and” is omitted), ye are “heirs according to the promise” (not “by the law,” Ga 3:18); for it was to Abraham’s seed that the inheritance was promised (Ga 3:16). Thus he arrives at the same truth which he set out with (Ga 3:7). But one new “seed” of a righteous succession could be found. One single faultless grain of human nature was found by God Himself, the source of a new and imperishable seed: “the seed” (Ps 22:30) who receive from Him a new nature and name (Ge 3:15; Is 53:10, 11; Jn 12:24). In Him the lineal descent from David becomes extinct. He died without posterity. But He lives and shall reign on David’s throne. No one has a legal claim to sit upon it but Himself, He being the only living direct representative (Ez 21:27). His spiritual seed derive their birth from the travail of His soul, being born again of His word, which is the incorruptible seed (Jn 1:12; Ro 9:8; 1 Pe 1:23)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 332). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

I am curious; your not afraid that if you continue to use that concordance so much, your own thoughts will be lost?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I am convinced that the world does not know God; not at all. They don't know his heart, his love, his will..."
...His holiness (Rev. 3:7), his wrath (Rom. 2:5–8) :poly:

"...his power to subdue"
You are free to live or die (Ge 2:17, Josh 24:15).

"...[T]hey [Christians] don't have a clue."
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

"Again scripture;, Jer. 32:27...You think I am going to worry about people who think universal salvation is a fallacy?"

"What God does against Israel (32:27–29, 36; 33:1–5)
Allows Jerusalem to be destroyed by the Babylonians (32:27–29; 33:1–5)
Allows war, famine, and disease (32:36)
The purification (32:36–44; 33:6–26): Israel will:
Be regathered and restored (32:36–37)
Receive a new heart and mind to worship God (32:38–39)" Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Je 32:34–39). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I am curious; your not afraid that if you continue to use that concordance so much, your own thoughts will be lost?

:yawn: I have plenty of thoughts. :juggle: But, you're not interested in those. :Shimei: You've got work to do for your father, the loser (Jn 8:44). :loser:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"To you Ben everything is anti-Semitism. First the covenant went to the heads of your ancestors who became segregated and proud, concocting terms like "Gentile dogs"..."
Take the scraps or leave them (Mt 15:27). :dog:

"...and the "Chosen People" delusion..."

Deut 7:6

Why don't you thank a Jew for bringing the sacrifice?
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
1 Cor. 5:7 They were blinded for your sake (Ro 11:25). Why is everybody grabbing the hem of a Jew? Zech 8:23, Re 5:9 I don't see them grabbing your hem. :granite:

"Ingratitude is the ugliest off all human characterists." ~ Dennis Prager

As a reminder Caino is number 38 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye [Zech. 2:8].

"“Apple of his eye” is an unusual expression, although it occurs elsewhere in Scripture. In this instance it is the Hebrew babah, meaning “the pupil” or “the gate” (through which light enters). It is an expression which indicates that which is most precious, most easily injured, and most demanding of protection. This is what Israel is to the Lord God." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Zechariah) (electronic ed., Vol. 32, p. 33). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Take the scraps or leave them (Mt 15:27). :dog:

Deut 7:6

Why don't you thank a Jew for bringing the sacrifice?
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
1 Cor. 5:7 They were blinded for your sake (Ro 11:25). Why is everybody grabbing the hem of a Jew? Zech 8:23, Re 5:9 I don't see them grabbing your hem. :granite:

"Ingratitude is the ugliest off all human characterists." ~ Dennis Prager

As a reminder Caino is number 38 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye [Zech. 2:8].

"“Apple of his eye” is an unusual expression, although it occurs elsewhere in Scripture. In this instance it is the Hebrew babah, meaning “the pupil” or “the gate” (through which light enters). It is an expression which indicates that which is most precious, most easily injured, and most demanding of protection. This is what Israel is to the Lord God." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Zechariah) (electronic ed., Vol. 32, p. 33). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

* To the Jews Jesus was a heretic, so I gladly join him on the corrupt churches artificial list.

* I Believe Jesus is God, so your legendary incompetence is intact.

* What did Jesus say to you? But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE.

* The pride of mans hardened religious speculation is what blinds the Jews but even that gets blamed on God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
To some. Not all (Acts 2:1–47). You'd see more around had Rome :eek:linger: not murdered so many believers.

Paul does not want you to remain ignorant (Rom. 11:25). But if you insist. :juggle:

What a surprise! Paul, a Jew, trying to explain the failure of his own un-chosen people.

Of all the contorted explanations dreamed up, this one ranks up there on the scale. God blinding people while simultaneously trying to show them the light! That's rich m8! :doh:

Mickiel

:yawn: I have plenty of thoughts. :juggle: But, you're not interested in those. :Shimei: You've got work to do for your father, the loser (Jn 8:44). :loser:

I think I would be interested, not that a concordance is not interesting, it just gets boring reading it. The scriptures are not boring, its just your style of repeating the concordance that is kind of boring to me.

Mickiel

Walk with me through the bible. Col. 1:28, " Whom we preach, warning every man, AND teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present EVERY man perfect in Christ Jesus!" Every man is going to be presented perfect!

Hello!

Wake up!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Walk with me through the bible. Col. 1:28, " Whom we preach, warning every man, AND teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present EVERY man perfect in Christ Jesus!" Every man is going to be presented perfect!"
"Col 1:28. preach—rather as Greek, “announce” or “proclaim.”

warning … teaching—“Warning” is connected with repentance, refers to one’s conduct, and is addressed primarily to the heart. “Teaching” is connected with faith, refers to doctrines, and is addressed primarily to the intellect. These are the two heads of evangelical teaching.

every … every man—without distinction of Jew or Gentile, great or small (Ro 10:12, 13).

in all wisdom—with all the wisdom in our method of teaching that we possess: so ALFORD. But Col 1:9; Col 3:16, favor ESTIUS’ view, which refers it to the wisdom communicated to those being taught: keeping back nothing, but instructing all in the perfect knowledge of the mysteries of faith which is the true wisdom (compare 1 Co 2:6, 7; 12:8; Eph 1:17).

present—(See on Col 1:22); at Christ’s coming.

every man—Paul is zealous lest the false teachers should seduce one single soul of Christ’s people at Colosse. So each individual among them should be zealous for himself and his neighbor. Even one soul is of incalculable value." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 375). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

p02x76d5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.